Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Its absolutely obscene how David Drumm paid just 10k tax on earnings of 10 million

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

I nearly vomited my black pudding when i heard it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I pay more tax than that a year on my 35k salary.
    You might want to fire your accountant or payroll department then. You should be paying less than half of that in income tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭danbohan

I pay more tax than that a year on my 35k salary. Its fcuking disgusting how that bastard is allowed to just walk away from the destruction he caused in Ireland.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2011/0225/1224290841877.html

tut tut , tax is for the little people dont you know , back to work now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

One of the glaring omissions in the build up to this election is what any incoming government is going to do about these cnuts and what they are going to do to prevent these cnuts raping our country again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Always knew I should of gone in to Banking when I was younger...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

That BANKER!

Grrrr!

seamus wrote: »
    You might want to fire your accountant or payroll department then. You should be paying less than half of that in income tax.

maybe not , he might be a visionary and be looking at his tax in 2013

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Cunt. They'll chase us down over a fucking tenner and this fuck pays nearly nothing in tax... while running the bank that fucked us all up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭gonedrinking

danbohan wrote: »
    maybe not , he might be a visionary and be looking at his tax in 2013

I'm jus sayin', I have gross pay of 35k and net pay of slightly over 24k, hence I am paying roughly 1.5k pension and roughly 9.5k tax

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

This miserable fcuker is worse than Seanie Fitz in my opinion. The sheer neck of this pr!ck is flabbergasting. From not cooperating with the Gardai to attempting to have documents related to his time at anglo destroyed.

Fcuking scum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I pay more tax than that a year on my 35k salary. Its fcuking disgusting how that bastard is allowed to just walk away from the destruction he caused in Ireland.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/frontpage/2011/0225/1224290841877.html

Welcome to Fine Fail's Ireland. The Party of the rich voted in by the stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Vote Fianna Fail!

Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    Welcome to Fine Fail's Ireland. The Party of the rich voted in by the stupid.

And to think all these FF bedwetters are saying "oh if you increase taxes on the rich they will all leave never to be seen again, and they will take all these jobs that they are so generously providing to the peasants of Ireland". When are people going to wake up and realise we have been taken for a ride and the rich are sh1tting themselves laughing at how easy they have had it all these years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

His brother was a developer at the time, his two other brothers "worked" for the same developer! I wonder where he got his development loans from???
    Sounds like a corrupt little family to me!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

And to think all these FF bedwetters are saying "oh if you increase taxes on the rich they will all leave never to be seen again, and they will take all these jobs that they are so generously providing to the peasants of Ireland". When are people going to wake up and realise we have been taken for a ride and the rich are sh1tting themselves laughing at how easy they have had it all these years.

but today we are going change all of that and vote in fine gael , the traditional party of the rich in Ireland, love it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭ebixa82

In fairness he was a smart man who stroked/milked a corrupted system. If I knew how to pay only 0.1% tax and get away with it then I would.

Most people who say they wouldn't are liars.

ebixa82 wrote: »
    In fairness he was a smart man who stroked/milked a corrupted system. If I knew how to pay only 0.1% tax and get away with it then I would.

you will be surprised how many liars will respond to your post !

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

Sickening to read.

Wonder what the new govt will do about this reckless, thieving bastard who along with a handful of other reckless thieving bastards have landed a tax bill on the population of this country larger than anything in its history - while they themselves pay absolutely nothing quite literally.

Am I being way too hopeful in thinking that Enda and whoever ends up at the helm with him will do anything at all about the situation? Probably am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

Where i used to work in the good old days (2004-2008) people used to be on contract there fore where "self employed". They wheren't technically. any way they where earning between 70k-100k, and where paying maybe 5-10% at the end of the year. I couldnt understand when the tax year was coming to an end and they'd be discussing "7% this year" and falling around laughing.

This is madness how he paid 10k on earning 3.5million?? if he was PAYE he'd of paid around 1.5million?? so how can they write off so much. I'd love an accountant to come on and explain this as if everyone was doing this the state would collapse tommorow. The rich really don't pay Tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

This is quite upsetting news

• Registered Users Posts: 24,477 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I'm jus sayin', I have gross pay of 35k and net pay of slightly over 24k, hence I am paying roughly 1.5k pension and roughly 9.5k tax

:eek::eek::eek:

get that checked.
    I paid about half that on slightly more money last year

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭alfa beta

There's a bit of a difference though between
    (a) paying no tax and
    (b) playing a large part in screwing up the economic well being of a whole country and paying no tax in the process

I think its the latter that has people so angry

Most people who earned 10 mill wouldn't give a sh1t how much tax they paid. And how the fcuk was he a smart man when he pretty much single-handedly bankrupted Ireland? Please answer me that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Dunno why youre all calling him himself a c*nt, if the tax system say he only needs to pay 10grand then what do you expect him to do?

If you only had to pay 2grand tax would you have paid 20,000 anyway for the craic?

Would you f*ck, of course not.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

nm wrote: »
    Dunno why youre all calling him himself a c*nt, if the tax system say he only needs to pay 10grand then what do you expect him to do?

If you only had to pay 2grand tax would you have paid 20,000 anyway for the craic?

Would you f*ck, of course not.
    Personally if I was earning that kind of money I wouldn't be going to extraordinary lengths to reduce my tax bill. €10m minus €1m in tax is still a shedload of money.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

My 32k sal = 5k tax including USC and 2k pension
    someone is ripping you off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Most people who earned 10 mill wouldn't give a sh1t how much tax they paid. And how the fcuk was he a smart man when he pretty much single-handedly bankrupted Ireland? Please answer me that.

Do you think he gives a damn about Ireland? Of course not. He lives by the motto, ''Every man for himself''.

We should riot. A big nasty one with flamethrowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'm sure the man is probably thinking if he'd got a better accountant that he could have got it down to 5k.

Thank dog Fianna Gael are in power now and all this tomfoolery is going to change....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

This guy also had 26 bank accounts, I wonder which one he supplied statements from when submitting his tax return.
    I reckon the C.A.B should be called in here!!

Advertisement