Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

5 random Tesco clearance lines

• 23-09-2011 1:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Hi Guys

HP 4gb Micro SDHC card with adaptor €2.85
    HP 16gb flash drive €7.99
    Duracell AA batteries 8pk (its 4+4free) 56cent!!!!
    Duracell rechargable AA batteries 4pk €1.40
    TDK CD-R80 25pk €2.45 (700mb)

Here's some pics for easy recognition. Might be difficult to find these so they arent guaranteed to be in all Tesco stores but they are out there, along with dozens of still undiscovered bargains. Remember the price might not be updated on the shelf so use the price checker. Hope it helps someone out!!!

Jarvis

9r4xhg.jpg
    2mo89zt.jpg
    2db8gol.jpg
    fk1c05.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Jarvis, which Tesco store did you locate these in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

siber wrote: »
    Jarvis, which Tesco store did you locate these in?

In Longwalk shopping centre Dundalk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Fúck 'em, I paid €19.99 for that HP 16GB flash drive three days ago in Limerick... :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I am so checking tesco on the way home...
    thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,877 ✭✭✭RayCon

Just checked Celbridge branch ... the 8GB version of that HP Flash drive is €24.99 - got the girl to check it on the till :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

That HP 16GB flash drive was only €13 in Tescos in May 2010, so not much of a bargain for me as I already got 2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Sweet, finally a Tesco bargain alert I know I can avail of.

Cheers Jarvis.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Sweet, finally a Tesco bargain alert I know I can avail of.

Cheers Jarvis.

Not if I "avail" of all of them first :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

I got a pack or 3 or 4 (cant remember which) 50w halogan GU10 Tesco branded bulbs for 19c the other day - they were marked €12.99.

I assumed it was a mistake on their part.

Are they randomly selling stuff off for rediculously cheap on purpose?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Wertz wrote: »
    Not if I "avail" of all of them first :pac:

That is not in the spirit of the bargain alert(s).

Booo-errrnnnsss.

• Advertisement

I got a pack or 3 or 4 (cant remember which) 50w halogan GU10 Tesco branded bulbs for 19c the other day - they were marked €12.99.

Yes. It is intentional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

They were marked 62c in Tesco in Paul street but when I bought them they came out on my receipt as €19! I went to the desk and they said the price referred to another bulb. I pointed out that it didn't. They took away the sign and said it did. So I left back the bulbs.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭sassa

duracell AAA 4 +4 free pack are also reduced to 56cent

they also have the disney lap trays reduced to 72cent
    disney kids plates, bowls and cups reduced to 12cent each
    disney kids cutlery sets reduced to 36cent

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Pretty good deals, anyone see these in Midleton?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

thanks OP nice BA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Thanks for posting, wish I'd seen it before i went to Tesco this afternoon:( Hopefully might spot some of the deals tomorrow, had been looking for good priced rechargeable AAs for ages. If anyone spots the deals in any of the Cork stores can they let me know? Thanks.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Nothing in Midleton....

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Thanks Jarvis,

I located two 16GB flash drives in Athlone. They were marked at €39.99 but when I scanned them they were just €7.99. Both both. They will be great Christmas presents.

I also got six packs of AAA batteries for 56c each. There were no more batteries on the shelf this evening.

Also both some Tehnika Neckband Sports Headphones. These were just €1.30, reduced from over €12. They were not reduced on the shelf but scanned at the lower price.

Also Technika Headband Headphones for €1.14. Not sure how much these were originally. Again the reduced price was not displayed on the shelf.

I found the headphones by checking what was showing cheap online in my local store before I headed there and then price checking them in store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

If someone in Arklow would be willing to pick up one of those 16GB pendrives for me if they're available for eight quid, I'd be pretty grateful and give you the money in person. I'd return the favour at some point, too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,416 ✭✭✭CH3OH

If someone in Arklow would be willing to pick up one of those 16GB pendrives for me if they're available for eight quid, I'd be pretty grateful and give you the money in person. I'd return the favour at some point, too.

I was just there and couln't find any of these items

As an aside , heard one of the staff saying that a load of mid price digital camera were reduced to between 10 -17 euro . Someone had just cleared the shelf of them and none left. Might be available in other stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Tesco Wexford never have any of these deals, worst Tesco in the country.

CH3OH wrote: »
    I was just there and couln't find any of these items

As an aside , heard one of the staff saying that a load of mid price digital camera were reduced to between 10 -17 euro . Someone had just cleared the shelf of them and none left. Might be available in other stores

Yeah, a couple of Kodak 10MP camers went for €12!!!!!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

jarvis wrote: »
    Yeah, a couple of Kodak 10MP camers went for €12!!!!!:eek:

These wouldn't even make it to the shelves in my local Tesco , staff grab all the bargains before they go on sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

I think Tesco are doing these in selected stores only and are using forums like this one to advertise their name.
    Would help if people would post which stores had them after buying, doesn't seem to be a lot of Dublin branches involved in this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

mdwexford wrote: »

One in gorey is awful, don't ever seem to have the items on the shelves that are listed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭bifl

okidoki987 wrote: »
    I think Tesco are doing these in selected stores only and are using forums like this one to advertise their name.
    Would help if people would post which stores had them after buying, doesn't seem to be a lot of Dublin branches involved in this.

Just back from Tesco in Ballina to try and get some of the action. Scanned the batteries but they were still at the original price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

mdwexford wrote: »
    logic wrote: »
    One in gorey is awful, don't ever seem to have the items on the shelves that are listed here.

Same with the Ballymun store , it's brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Soap MacTavish

anything in any of the waterford stores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

logic wrote: »

The one in Arklow is just as bad, despite being gigantic.
    I'm starting to get the feeling that they might stock one or two of each bargain, and someone quickly snaffles them all when they hear about it here.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

The standard batteries were on offer in Mahon - Cork but are all gone.
    The rechargable ones weren't reduced.

No sign of the flash drives

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mrsfraw

My husband just picked up twenty battery packs in Tesco Roxboro Limerick. The flash drives are still in stock, so are the sdhc cards. Great bargain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Got Sat Nav in Tesco in the Crescent in Limerick this evening, just before the staff put them all away. They also had 8GB iPod Nano's still on the shelf (old style) for EUR37

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

Paul st tesco in Cork have the AAA batteries (8) for 56c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

gorey has plenty of the 16GB sticks on the shelfs for 8 euro a pop, still marked 40 though, got one meself but no sign of the sdhc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

anything in any of the waterford stores?

I got flash drives and SD cards in the Ballybeg store. A 4g flash, 1g SD and a 4g SD with USB adaptor, all for €10.

Tesco are clearing out old stock. All stores would have had the stock at some time, if they sold out when it was on offer the first time they wont have it now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭allimac

Got 2 flash drives and 1 micro sd card in coonagh cross,still plenty left.The batteries scanned at 4.50 euro.Thanks to the OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I got flash drives and SD cards in the Ballybeg store. A 4g flash, 1g SD and a 4g SD with USB adaptor, all for €10.

Were they marked down on the shelf or did you have to use the price checker?

allimac wrote: »
    Got 2 flash drives and 1 micro sd card in coonagh cross,still plenty left.The batteries scanned at 4.50 euro.Thanks to the OP.

There is two different AA 4+4free batteries. The one in the picture in Thr first post have blue on the packaging. The ones that don't have the blue are €4.50!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

danjo-xx wrote: »

I've been trying the price scanner\checker myself the last few days and all it says is Contact Member of Staff for any of the bargains. I got the 16gb Flash drive in Bray and it was 39.99 on the shelf so I asked a member of staff to price check it and she said 7.99 so I got it.... seconds later the staff ran down and took the rest of them!! I tried the AA Duracell rechargeable's and they where €14

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Janey Mack

Had the HP 16gb flash drives in Naas (Extra) for 7.99 at teatime. There were a few beside the batteries at the front of the store and another 10 or so with the mobile phones at the back. None of the reduced batteries left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Janey Mack wrote: »
    Had the HP 16gb flash drives in Naas (Extra) for 7.99 at teatime. There were a few beside the batteries at the front of the store and another 10 or so with the mobile phones at the back. None of the reduced batteries left.

Loads of batteries left at the checkouts. Wife picked up a few packets at around 9.30pm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Picked up flash drive and AAA batteries in Artane. Price reductions not on shelf but at scan-time. No sign of SD cards, and AA were sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭mrm

keith123 wrote: »
    I've been trying the price scanner\checker myself the last few days and all it says is Contact Member of Staff for any of the bargains. I got the 16gb Flash drive in Bray and it was 39.99 on the shelf so I asked a member of staff to price check it and she said 7.99 so I got it.... seconds later the staff ran down and took the rest of them!! I tried the AA Duracell rechargeable's and they where €14

Yep, thats to alert them to the bargains so they can snag them all!

Regarding the rechargeable AA duracell batteries the discounted ones have 'SUPREME' printed on the packaging just above the batteries. These are €1.40, the ones without are €19.50 (cannot remember what is printed on those). The D size rechargeable are reduced to €1.50 for pack of two.

Also check out the babyliss and remington products on the price checker, major reductions on some (not all) items also (eg. hair straighteners, ladies hairy legs shavers and epilators, mens electric shavers, hair dryers, that strange circular thing for shaving mens hair, Ionika hair detailers reduced fro €15 to €1.50, etc). Basically price check to see if discounted. Tesco are clearing some current stock for Christmas season restocking and 75% discounts are available on certain items, though the full original prices were still displayed on the shelf. TBH, I doubt that the tesco staff have left much stock for the public at this stage. But I would imagine more clearance items to be added between now and Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭deaglan169

got a tecknika dab radio for €11 and a breville deep fat fryer for €6 in tesco monaghan, they had satnavs yesterday all sold, have some tv stands left for €6, headphones, hdmi leads and such left most of the good stuff is long since gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭giggsirish

Just picked up 4 16GB USB drives in Tesco Newbridge . I no sooner had them picked up and was on way scan them to ensure price reduction when security were on me asking what I was doing. They are cheap but wouldn't quite call it stealing :D

Anyway. There are 6 left for anyone wondering in Tesco Newbridge

None of the 8 batteries for 56 cent left but rechargeable are there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just picked up a couple of 4 GB micro SD cards and what looked like the last 16 GB flash drive out in Dundrum. Still plenty of 4 GB cards on the shelf. Had to price check them first as the shelf prices were wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Both Dundalk stores seemed devoid of anything this morning memory card wise...maybe there was stuff with incorrect price but I wasn't arsed traipsing around to self scanners with armfuls of stuff. Few staff members using personal scanners in hardware aisles looking for bargains themselves I'd imagine. Still a lot of stock at silly prices that doesn't look like it's going to move anytime soon...more reductions on the way I'd say. I did spot some good prices on LCD TV wall brackets in the Long Walk SC and still good lot of autoglym products in the old DSC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

danjo-xx wrote: »

There were in the main aisle on the left as you go in the front door. There was a women in front of me wrecking the place, moving stuff around so I just grabbed one of each type and brought them to the price checker in the card aisle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Thanks OP, picked up 17 packs of Duracell batteries in my local. Will make me a nice bit on ebay I'd say!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Thanks OP, picked up 17 packs of Duracell batteries in my local. Will make me a nice bit on ebay I'd say!

Oh look... its that totally original Trolling post that we havent been seeing a lot of lately. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement