Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eminem 'to headline Slane in September'

Options
  • 03-02-2005 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

According to the papers this morning :

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/02/03/story187626.html

American rapper Eminem is reportedly set to headline this year's concert at Slane Castle in Co Meath.

Reports in the tabloid media this morning claimed the controversial rapper would perform at the venue this September.

He last played in Ireland at Punchestown in the summer of 2003.

Not sure he's everyone's cup of tea though !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

what about ac/dc.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

If Eminem plays Slane this year it will really show that the concert is going down the drain after frickin' Mad**na last year.

By a weird coincidence at this very moment I'm listening to AC/DC's live album ''If You Want Blood'' and all I can say ...... get AC/DC to Slane please for the love of god Lord Henry whatever your name is!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 55,457 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats yet another Slane I won't be going to, so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

if it keeps him and his tracksuited groupies away from Oxegen i'm all for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

I quite enjoy eminem. But theres no hope in hell I'd head to slane. There will be a mass exodus of scum bags dressed like wigga's. I can't handle that. I was listenging when most of those guys we're still in seniour infants!!!!

I'd rather see AC/DC at Slane, I love slane was really pissed I lost out going last year cuz that over the hill bollox was performing!!!

MCD going and ****ing **** up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭dellytots

What the **** are MCD on? Thats so sh*t! Guessn I wont be headin to Slane again dis year. 2003s line up was excellent how has it gone so wrong since then???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭skywalker_208

Slane is getting worse every year!!! bring on the ACDC to bring it back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Gone West

MCD/AIKEN: we are crying out for AC/DC can you do anything, we dont want eminem. true eminem fans should see him at a more intimate indoor venue, like the point. (i know its not that intimate but its better than slane)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yay.

Off to Reading or somewhere this year, by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

Yeah, I think again I shall miss this event, what a crap decision!!! I'd advise a trip to Leed instead of Reading....more happens at the Leeds festival!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

This is a joke .... Slane is a rock concert - it's not for pop grannies or 'yo yo snoopy snoopy dogg dogg' types ... In my opinion having someone like Eminem appear at Slane is an insult to all the previous acts who played the concert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

If there is a god, He f*cking hates us.

$lash wrote:
    This is a joke .... Slane is a rock concert - it's not for pop grannies or 'yo yo snoopy snoopy dogg dogg' types ... In my opinion having someone like Eminem appear at Slane is an insult to all the previous acts who played the concert.

Oh yea like that rock legend Robbie Williams? Or perhaps Madonna?

Slane is just broadening its horizons. I wouldnt mind going to see eminem and I probably would if I were here for the summer. He's a great performer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Oh yea like that rock legend Robbie Williams? Or perhaps Madonna?

Slane is just broadening its horizons. I wouldnt mind going to see eminem and I probably would if I were here for the summer. He's a great performer.
    $lash wrote:
    pop grannies

I was reffering to Madonna here ... :p

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Here you go chaps .

E-mail slane caslte and let them know that AC/Dc are the only ones for this year ...

enquiries@slanecastle.ie

I have Henrys number , but better not give that out ! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I also dislike MCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Have they cunningly moved Slane to September to try and nail people who have returned home after a summer abroad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Ah for **** sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

NO! NO! NO!!

Who the **** wants to go see that fag Eminem?

I pray to God that it's ACDC!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

JC 2K3 wrote:
    NO! NO! NO!!

Who the **** wants to go see that fag Eminem?

I pray to God that it's ACDC!

Well 110,000 people went to him when he was last here.... I don't think i've ever heard eminem being called a fag before. Obviously you've never heard any of his lyrics lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Ugh Eminem. No doubt the idiots will flock....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

David19 wrote:
    Well 110,000 people went to him when he was last here.... I don't think i've ever heard eminem being called a fag before. Obviously you've never heard any of his lyrics lol.
    He's obsessed with homosexuals, there's reference to it in every rap he does. Psychologists say that he shows symptoms of a gay man in denial.

And Eminem fans aren't real people, therefore they don't count, and hence no one wants to see Eminem.

(That last comment's a joke ok, nothing's worse than a bitchy wigger so don't start complaining(yes you are real people))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Slane my ass.....where's all the rock music gone....madonna and now eminem...who they gonna get next year- westlife??????????!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

ac/dc are't they dead?

they do have to big global etc

chewy wrote:
    ac/dc are't they dead?

they do have to big global etc

Still very much alive.

Are you saying that AC/DC are not big* globally ?

* hehe - i made a funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

AC/DC 4 Ever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

karlh wrote:
    if it keeps him and his tracksuited groupies away from Oxegen i'm all for it.

fingers crossed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Keano_sli

Whats this Obsession wtih AC/DC, While I won't be rushing out to buy a ticket for Eminem I don't think that it says anywhere that Slane is a "Rock" concert and anyone can dictate who plays there.
    Its a commercial venture at the end of the day and the promoters will put on whoever they think will sell the most tickets fastest and weather you like it or not Eminem will sell out quicker that AC/DC.
    No doubt the people who go have a great time and good luck to them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Keano_sli wrote:
    Its a commercial venture at the end of the day and the promoters will put on whoever they think will sell the most tickets fastest and weather you like it or not Eminem will sell out quicker that AC/DC.

That's not entirely true. With respect, you've no idea of the demand for AC/DC or Eminem tickets. I would guess both would sell out the venue swiftly enough to ensure a commercial success. The real question is do the poor victims who live in Slane want thousands of rockers or thousands of souped-up Micras infesting their village for the day? ;)

rocker.jpg or mark1.jpg

• Advertisement

That rocker : rocker.jpg is sporting a KISS top.

He is NO rocker.....

Advertisement