Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2pac - Still releasing records!

Options
  • 22-06-2005 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Whats the deal here? He died back in 97' but he has released i don't know how many albums since. His latest song with Elton John 'Ghetto Gospal' is great but how does he keep releasing all these songs 8 years after his death??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Its simple, every two to three years tupac returns from the dead, records a new album with clues in it (as to who murdered him) and then releases it.
    - Chris Rock

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

He probably has his own recording studio in his grave. :D

Well i really dont know how hes doing it. The song with Elton john was supposedly the last song he wrote before he died.

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

but surely he didn't record 8 years worth of songs??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

presumably his estate are using old answerphone messages and family birthday recordings by now.

In many ways, hes the perfect artist now for a recording company.
    Theres a lot of back catalog you can flesh out over the years, and he's not about to answer back to the studio execs or mess it up by changing the format and risking becoming unpopular.

Keep throwing money at the estate (its all a tribute remember), and build his memory up bigger and bigger. easy money.

>The song with Elton john was supposedly the last song he wrote before he died.
    I heard that about the last single - the one two years ago

He was always a mystery to me. Why it was 8 years later, that his song with Elton John gets released, instead of 8 years ago? Must have been in his will if he had one written. Imagine if his will is a song.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I hope your all taking the piss. All the songs are songs he made for his albums that where decided not good enough to be put on the 6 albums he made before his death but kept in a vault as all songs usually are, if he was around nowadays they would have probably given them to mix tape dj's like 50 etc does. And most of the ones worth listening to where released on the first few albums after his death the last 2 or 3 albums have been just terrible mainly due to the fact that they are running out of half decent material. The bloody elton john song was a remix he sure as hell didnt make it with him.

Kristok wrote:
    I hope your all taking the piss. All the songs are songs he made for his albums that where decided not good enough to be put on the 6 albums he made before his death but kept in a vault as all songs usually are, if he was around nowadays they would have probably given them to mix tape dj's like 50 etc does. And most of the ones worth listening to where released on the first few albums after his death the last 2 or 3 albums have been just terrible mainly due to the fact that they are running out of half decent material. The bloody elton john song was a remix he sure as hell didnt make it with him.

O SORRY MR I KNOW EVERYTHING THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT 2PAC!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

It's stupid replies like that I don't want to see around here anymore.
    There was nothing wrong with Kritok's post, so wise up.

And he died in 96 not 97. :p

Makaveli wrote:
    It's stupid replies like that I don't want to see around here anymore.
    There was nothing wrong with Kritok's post, so wise up.

And he died in 96 not 97. :p

Eh well i was only messing. There we go again another example of Moderator's taking it too far. How was my post stupid ? your right it was 96.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's the same with a lot of artists i'd imagine, sure my fav band weezer demoed 150 songs for their new album and only 12 get picked. When the lead singer dies (hopefully not for a long time) the record label will just cash in on this unreleased material.

• Advertisement

yeh, who gets all of 2pac's profit from all the albums and singles he has sold since his death? Family?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

c - 13 wrote:
    Its simple, every two to three years tupac returns from the dead, records a new album with clues in it (as to who murdered him) and then releases it.
    - Chris Rock

"It was the ni99a in the red that shot me dead"

"It was that ni99a named Kevin with a mag-11"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Bubba wrote:
    Eh well i was only messing. There we go again another example of Moderator's taking it too far. How was my post stupid ? your right it was 96.

Your post was stupid because it was a flame bait, enough of that goes on here already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I imagine there's a string of Pro Tools engineers going through everything he ever recorded and chopping up every word he said into samples, getting ready to build a Tupac Speak N Spell, they'll just type in a sentence and Tupac will rap new stuff from beyond the grave. Seriously, Tupac's death is one of the greatest cash cows ever to be given to his label, who knows what amount of stuff he recorded, who's going to know any better. If the sub-standard stuff which wasn't good enough to make his original albums is good enough to make millions of dollars, why stop a good thing? Make up some generic rhyming schlop and just past word samples together into sentences, like those Virtual Artist singing programs available, and hey presto new Tupac for the masses.

Bubba wrote:
    yeh, who gets all of 2pac's profit from all the albums and singles he has sold since his death? Family?

I'm sure Afeni Shakur gets most of the profits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I have a feeling she makes enough to keep her mouth shut when her son's music is being used in ways he probably never would have wanted it to be used.

I mean come on, do you really think Tupac would have done a song with Elton John?
    Which is the problem imho, this isn't Tupac, it's Eminem.

From the impression i got from his music i doubt 2pac would be happy with any of this stuff going on. I mean if he made all these songs and only used like a fraction of the ones he made then theres a good chance he didnt like the ones that got put aside apart from one or two which probably made the last draft but got cut by suge or interscope for some reason (thinking of the orignal thug life album)

I personally just want them to release a box set with everything in its orignal form (with minor touch ups as needed) but none of the beat changes and guests that where never intended to be on it like nas, and anything thats just a few lines just put them as extras. If they change the beat it has no soul left, i mean whatever the quality of the orignal beat or if it stands up to time it was the one he heard and rapped to and it wouldnt be nearly as bad if they actually had someone good do the music but sadly i think eminem is the only "producer" who would dirty their hands messing around with 2pacs music.

The only thing i liked they brought out apart from a few songs on each album was the live album that was nice to hear and now they are bringing a live dvd out with clips from concerts that should be cool. The ressurection movie was ok pitty it didnt come out a few years earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

i think that song might be from before and elton john just remixed it.and put his song into 2pacs song.

anyone is allowed to do that but u have to give money to get rights and the money goes to 2pacs family.

thats what i think,i am not sure about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭RVN10

some twat reckons he is livin in africa

drdre wrote:
    i think that song might be from before and elton john just remixed it.and put his song into 2pacs song.

Eminem produced the song, and the whole album afaik. Its not a bad song but the tupac parts have no heart its like somone just patched the words toghter.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

yeah i think its all rubbish by this stage, probly just altering the voice of someone else on a mixer and stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deepjohn

as far as i know most of the samples of pacs voice are from the tw o albums worth he recorded while preparing for his jump from deathrow to form his own label!the man spent hours writing and recording new songs and the eminem album is great not his best (2pacalypse now!!) but good the only thing thar pissed me off was the re-working of his voice to make him say g-unit and 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

deepjohn wrote:
    ... the re-working of his voice to make him say g-unit and 2005
    Maybe it wasn't reworked. Maybe he's not dead. He's alive if he knows about gay-unit. hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭big syke

Kristok wrote:
    Eminem produced the song, and the whole album afaik. Its not a bad song but the tupac parts have no heart its like somone just patched the words toghter.

true. it sounds like that because eminem slowed down or speed up 2pacs lyric to fit the production rather then fit the production around the acapella. the original ghetto gospel was not half bad along with many other of the 2pac originals

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

I have a feeling she makes enough to keep her mouth shut when her son's music is being used in ways he probably never would have wanted it to be used.

I mean come on, do you really think Tupac would have done a song with Elton John?
    Which is the problem imho, this isn't Tupac, it's Eminem.

well listening to his music i would think that he would have liked to do a duet with elton. He was always rapping about black and white men coming together and he was a drama student himself so i would think he came across some homosexuals in his time.

well i think its a great track(ghetto gospel) but its wrong the way people are just using his music for profit, like Suge Knight, for example.

Advertisement