Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "I have a dream" car

• 02-11-2005 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

There is a dark blue car going around Dublin City Centre for the past few days with loudspeakers on the roof rack and Martin Luther King billowing out of them simply repeating "I have a dream..." over and over.

Has anyone got a clue what it is about? The car just passed me on College Green and it even has "I have a dream..." written on the side of the car itself???

Strange :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Hi,

I spotted this car on Dame st. yesterday. It's just a dark blue car with "I have a dream" printed on the side and the speaker looping over and over. I have no idea what it's advertising/doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

That car pisses me off MAJORLY. was sitting in the pub having a quiet one and it got stuck in traffic for about 5 minutes just outside. wanted to go over, knock on his window, punch the driver in the face and shout "THATS FOR PLAGARISM" and walk off tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭RedRaven

crash_000 wrote:
    That car pisses me off MAJORLY. was sitting in the pub having a quiet one and it got stuck in traffic for about 5 minutes just outside. wanted to go over, knock on his window, punch the driver in the face and shout "THATS FOR PLAGARISM" and walk off tbh.
    You should have shouted in the window at him....I HAVE A PINT....IM TRYING TO ENJOY IT...NOW TURN THAT SH*T DOWN AND F**K OFF!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Yes....annoying...but whats it for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭smurfbaby

Weird-it just passed me on Baggot St about 10 minutes ago, and I was trying to figure out what the hell it was for... Answers on a postcard please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

http://www.iedr.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=ihaveadream.ie ??? Maybe, nah it's too naff!!! He wouldn't, would he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

http://www.dublincity.ie/your_council/councillors/councillor_garry_keegan.asp

feel free to email him to tell him what a complete muppet he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

crash_000 wrote:

Heh reminds me of the evening galway lost the all ireland (sept. sometime). there we were sitting in the pub. the entertainment for the night ( in this case, a guy with an acoustic ) was just about to start playing. so he asked the barman to turn down the music. the bar man gave him a funny stare and told him he's not got any music playing.

Turns out there's a little gob**** parked outside the pub with his speakers up to the last. And he wasnt too long turning them down then asked "nicely" either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

I think i saw this parked somewhere... speakers werent on though. What a schmuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Just passed me on the Stillorgan Flyover at UCD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Surely theres laws against this kind of nonsense? Noise pollution etc

I didn't fight in a war to have to put up with the likes of this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There are noise pollution laws afaik.

Would be great to sue a FF member :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Ruffty^

If its over 80decibels of noise, i belive, but the time of day affects it too. If you are really bothered, ring the local garda station and ask for advice...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Ruffty^ wrote:
    If its over 80decibels of noise, i belive, but the time of day affects it too. If you are really bothered, ring the local garda station and ask for advice...

Which one, hes everywhere. :)

Like God........................

...............Maybe its god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

it has to be some gee bag trying to sell us stuff.

if i had to put money on it, i'd say it's for imagine broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

there isn't a election coming up, what he doing? prick

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Aparantly Big Ed loves Mona.

I heard it from the dark car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Aparantly Big Ed loves Mona.

I heard it from the dark car.
    Ah yes the question that gripped the nation for many weeks...

What does Big Ed love...?

I think I still have a Big Ed Loves Mona frisbie lying around somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

2:47 Spotted In Sandymount Green.

That's a few different consticuancies he's been in and no election coming.

I'm going to follow him in a "You are a gimp" van.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

DubGuy wrote:

LOL!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Ray D'Arcy was talking bout this car yesterday!! Thread of the day today... small world!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Idiot.
    I'm going to sign him up to everything.
    Idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

His dream is to become rich or become Taoiseach, preferably both. That's why people join Fianna Fáil.

Or, seeing as they're in coalition with the PD's, maybe his dream is to get rid of all those pesky Africans,
    "Look at this you black hooers, yis have rights in the USA thanks to that fella, go there instead"

Or maybe I'm being unfairly kind to suggest that they'd call them something as mild as hooers...hmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Damn annoying *******. Woke me up yesterday morning when he drove along Pearse St.3 TIMES!!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

DubGuy wrote:

Great idea, would be nice if someone would follow him with a loudspeaker blaring something funny (like his e-mail adress).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

how the hell do u know its him??????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Ruaidhri

has anyone tried egging the car yet? maybe that'll give him the message...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wouldn't waste an egg on him. Now a rock on the other hand .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭arctic lemur

Heard it in work on Townsend Street yesterday, couldn't hear customers on the phone and had awful headache.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i'd write to the dept of the environment, and of course to FF and dublin city council.
    find out who he is representing by doing this, does FF feel it has a mandate to piss off dublin, and if so who gave them this mandate. maybe dublin city council is making some kind of a point. who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

heh i emailed him this thread..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Where did you get his email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭dahooligan

He drives past my office on harcourt street twice a day.. Luckily for me, I have a broken fax machine, which will be dropped from my 5th floor window onto his I have a dream car.. which hopefully leave him saying I have a bit of a headache!:D Its all smiles now but if it goes on for much longer I might be arrested and charged with Assault with a deadly fax copier!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭RefulgentGnomon

Piste wrote:
    Where did you get his email?

cllr_garry.keegan@dublincity.ie

how the hell do u know its him??????????????????????

They guessed seen as he has registered www.ihaveadream.ie

BTW, actually go to his site and read what he has to say. Weirdo.
    I have a dream for life without Sinn Fein Cocaine for my kids

dart board fodder!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You know that you're falling into his publicity generating trap by just talking about his publicity-generating scheme? Just ignore him....

RainyDay wrote:
    You know that you're falling into his publicity generating trap by just talking about his publicity-generating scheme? Just ignore him....

Crap. 1-0 to the wiley aul FF man. Just cos we're talkin bout him doesn't mean we'll vote for him. Bushhead in America does lots of stupid things that raises his profile.. doesn't do him any good - although if he does end up taking over the world I really wouldn't be surprised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

dahooligan wrote:
    Crap. 1-0 to the wiley aul FF man. Just cos we're talkin bout him doesn't mean we'll vote for him. Bushhead in America does lots of stupid things that raises his profile.. doesn't do him any good - although if he does end up taking over the world I really wouldn't be surprised
    Well actually he did get a second term. Thankfully it will be his last though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

bummer he didnt reply :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭useeme

another royston

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

Typical FF crap, you couldn't believe a word they'll ever say again. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭CrimE

I was on the bus into town the other day and that damn car was behind the bus almost the entire way in. Drove me insane and has ruined that speech for me forever. I mean one line over and over and over is really gonna persuade people, I dont think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭d-arke

someone should get in touch with Dom Jolly, (think thats his name, remember that fella who annoyed everyone with his antics in Trigger Happy Tv on channel 4) and get him to annoy the duck out of this councillor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭anthonymcg

The ticker on that site is sooooooo annoying. Can someone please drive a "stick your dream up your hoop" van around after him?

Advertisement