Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

re: 'in-jokes'

Options
  • 03-11-2005 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭

I have to say that since the whole nasty 'in-jokes' thing happened the other day that I have seen posts on this forum from people I had never heard of before. So, it seems maybe we were scaring people away... I'm glad some good has come of the whole mess and welcome to the people who have just started posting -
    However, like the guys said before, we did not know each other until we got chatting in this forum and then organised a boards beers. I was stuck in UL all summer and I did not know anyone, then I met up with the lads from here who are really sound guys. I can understand why people would get annoyed and feel left out, but tbh guys no-one else was posting or seemed to be taking any interest in this forum so we just had a laugh. I don't see that there is anything wrong with that. I gotta say that some of the comments made over the past few days have just not been very nice, and tbh have turned me off this forum. I used to really like posting here, giving people advice and helping out when I could but now I just don't feel like it. This is starting to sound like something from PI now... anyway the point I want to make is stop making narky comments about my mates please, they are really nice guys and none of us deserve abuse just for having a bit of crack.
    I'm off on my hols now so have a good week all. G'luck

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Elley

I believe there are many people who come here but just don't post. I don't believe they have been scared away, at least you guys make a contribution. I would n't worry bout the people who haven't made the effort to be included but still get annoyed....... Bless em.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Good post.

Anyway i'll try and cut down on the 'chatting' between people I know, and cut down on 'in-jokes' too (Whatever they are, I'd love to see an example)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I didnt have any problem with ye anyway. I reckon the people complaining were talking a load of sh*t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Yes, I'm sure Peteee cried bitter, bitter tears over those insults

oops :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

440Hz wrote:
    I have to say that since the whole nasty 'in-jokes' thing happened the other day that I have seen posts on this forum from people I had never heard of before. So, it seems maybe we were scaring people away... I'm glad some good has come of the whole mess and welcome to the people who have just started posting -
    However, like the guys said before, we did not know each other until we got chatting in this forum and then organised a boards beers. I was stuck in UL all summer and I did not know anyone, then I met up with the lads from here who are really sound guys. I can understand why people would get annoyed and feel left out, but tbh guys no-one else was posting or seemed to be taking any interest in this forum so we just had a laugh. I don't see that there is anything wrong with that. I gotta say that some of the comments made over the past few days have just not been very nice, and tbh have turned me off this forum. I used to really like posting here, giving people advice and helping out when I could but now I just don't feel like it. This is starting to sound like something from PI now... anyway the point I want to make is stop making narky comments about my mates please, they are really nice guys and none of us deserve abuse just for having a bit of crack.
    I'm off on my hols now so have a good week all. G'luck

Ok...perhaps you're referring to me here as I swung in on the side giving out about in-jokes (or "in-jokes" :D ). I agree with your sentiment- I'm glad this place has livened up a bit. Unless we all know each other there will always be some sort of uneasiness or something as we don't know each others personalities. Thats why i'm looking forward to being back in UL, get to know a few more people, have a bit of craic, whatever...

• Advertisement
Advertisement