Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT Morons Ghost Billing Again

Options
  • 15-05-2003 12:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

This morning I received an invoice from EsatBT for €0.00. Again. This is in spite of the fact that I spent a fair portion of my time in the past two years trying to stop them billing me for fraudulent charges on my account; despite the fact that they sent my "account" to a debt collection agency last year, who were firmly told where to stick it, and who promptly apologised; and despite the fact that I've asked them explicitly several times now to remove all references to me and my "account" from their databases. I view this latest idiocy as the final proof for my thesis that the EsatBT accounts department is in fact staffed by the pecking deely from The Simpsons when Homer J started wearing a mumu.

I've been larted here on several occasions for my criticism of EsatBT, by people telling me I'm too harsh with them, that they need a chance to change their ways. Well, the latest posts I've seen here about EsatBT are vindication enough for me. The only thing that's changed is that Bill Murphy has implemented cost cutting using the oft-disproven Just Sack Em methodolgy, and it appears that the only people he hasn't sacked are the morons responsible for Esat's atrocious record in the first place.

Bill Murphy should be reappointed Executive Vice President In Charge Of Unblocking The Toilets. Go away Murphy, you're useless.

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Could not agree more. Their accounts dept. is absoloutely crap. I did some work for a national Sunday Newspaper. They decided to split their traffic between Eircom and Esat. We had a PRI installed and where using it for over 10 months with no billing. I raised this with my accountant and asked him what we should do? We requested that we be billed from Esat and he accrued (i think) a certain amount) for the bill. 7 months later still no sign of the Bill (after 5 - 6 requests for it). In the end the Esat account manager was called in and we 'begged/threatened' him to send us a bill. In-fairness to him he agreed to give us over 4 months free credit on it. But it gets better. 2 weeks later the sound of a truck bleeping and 'reversing reversing' was heard outside of this premises. Esat had sent us an itimised bill for over 16mnth's calls. The bill consisted of over 100 boxes each box containing maybe 4 reams of A4 paper.

We paid the bill and cancelled the service.

Their billling stinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Adam,

At least they're charging you 0.00.

I'm still getting bills from Eircom net for kit I've never asked for a quote on, let alone ordered. I've tried e-mail's, phone calls and anything else I can think of, but still they keep on coming. We now keep a bogus Eircomnet bill file in our accounts department, praying for the day when they take us to court or an actual human being turns up on our doorstep.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Originally posted by Occidental
    Adam,

At least they're charging you 0.00.

I'm still getting bills from Eircom net for kit I've never asked for a quote on, let alone ordered. I've tried e-mail's, phone calls and anything else I can think of, but still they keep on coming. We now keep a bogus Eircomnet bill file in our accounts department, praying for the day when they take us to court or an actual human being turns up on our doorstep.

Registered letter to Eircoms legal representative (Muck should have his contact details). This person is then legally required to investigate and respond.

BTW does a similar person exist for Esat Muck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Registered Letter to

J G Ryan
    Company Secretary
    Eircom
    St Stephens Green House
    Dublin 2

OR

The Company Secretary
    Eircom
    St Stephens Green House
    Dublin 2

For ESAT there is a problem. A BiIG problem

Owing to Denis O'Briens antics and partnerships an the like , I must warn you about the amount of ESAt companies there are . Some may have nothing to do with the entity that is mis-billing (as ever) but I am afraid most of them do.

http://www.cro.ie/search/Index.asp Companies Office

Enter Companies that START with ESAT

Result below. Enjoy!

ESAT @ HOME LIMITED
    Company

ESAT AIRWAVE LIMITED
    Company

ESAT AT HOME LIMITED
    Company

ESAT BUSINESS SYSTEMS INTEGRATION GROUP LIMITED
    Company

ESAT FINANCE (IRELAND)
    Company

ESAT G.S.M. HOLDINGS LIMITED
    Company

ESAT GROUP LIMITED
    Company

ESAT HOME.NET LIMITED
    Company

ESAT INLAND LIMITED
    Company

ESAT INVESTMENTS LIMITED
    Company

ESAT LIMITED
    Company

ESAT MOTOR COMPANY LIMITED
    Company

ESAT NET LIMITED
    Company

ESAT POWER LIMITED
    Company

ESAT TELECOM ESOP TRUSTEES LIMITED
    Company

ESAT TELECOM HOLDINGS LIMITED
    Company

ESAT TELECOMMUNICATIONS LIMITED
    Company

ESAT WORLD LIMITED
    Company

ESATTO LIMITED
    Company

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by bk
    Registered letter to Eircoms legal representative (Muck should have his contact details). This person is then legally required to investigate and respond.

BTW does a similar person exist for Esat Muck?

Address it to:
    James Ryan
    Company Secretary
    Eircom
    Eircom Head Office

(i can't remenber the rest of the addreess , its in the phone book, its something like 44 St.Stephens Green West, D2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

SNAP !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

This is my story... takes a while to get going, but it's relevant at the end.

Many many years ago, back when the internet came on a floppy disk in a little cardboard box and IOL's head office was in a run down 2 storey house on Amiens street, I decided i'd get on the internet. So i registered with Ireland On Line and picked a user name and gave them my credit card details, and a day or two later i was surfing the interweb.

Fast forward about 5 years and one day i can't get online. So i ring tech support to be told "oh yes. it appears we have no credit card information for you and we've never actually received any money from you, so we've cut you off."

I pointed out that i'd been an IOL 'subscriber' for a loooong time, and wasn't it odd that they'd seemingly set up my account without getting any money from me? He couldn't explain, but was more than willing to reactivate my account without charging me for the previous years fees - this was around about the dawn of The Free ISP Era, so I guess they were just happy to have another "IOL Gold" user - and all was well for about 2 years.

Until IOL was bought out by ESAT, of course.

Well now. I subscribed to Surf No Limits (ha!) as soon as it was available, but decided to keep my IOL Gold account as I'd had the email address for so long and it was handy as a backup account.

So the slightly cryptic Esat SNL bills arrived semi-regularly, and all was well. But no sign of any IOL Gold bills. In time, ESAT broke it off with me, and the SNL bills stopped. Still no IOL Gold bills.

Then out of the blue, about a year ago I get a bill from ESAT BT.

Up the top it says "Your Two Monthly Bill", & that it covers calls for a two month period. And that I owe them about £140.

Immediately, I get on the phone to ask them why the hell they're billing me for a service they threw me off months beforehand.

At this point it becomes like deja vu all over again.

The chump on the phone informs me that this is my IOL Gold bill. i point out that the bill clearly states that it's a "Two Monthly Bill", that it refers to charges for telephone calls and that nowhere does it mention "IOL Gold". But I am assured that yes, it is in fact an IOL Gold bill- it just looks like a telephone bill. So I ask why it says "Overdue Amount:" on it, and am informed that they "...don't have any credit card details on file" for me and so haven't been able.... ah you know the rest.

Well colour me surprised!

I inform the goon that there's no way in hell they're getting any money out of me until i get a proper bill for the proper service with the proper 12 month time period clearly stated on it. I am assured that the bill will be re-issued, and hang up.

Time passes.... and not much happens on the ESAT bill front.

So then this March I receive another telephone bill from ESAT BT. Apparently I now owe them €303.77, and although this time it does say "IOL Gold Annual Charge 125.70 + vat" it gives no explanation for the "Overdue Amount" of 151.67

Back on the phone I go. I relive last years telephone conversation (see above) and am informed that the reason it's on phone bill paper is because they "ran out of internet paper".... I inform the joker on the phone that they're not getting any money from me until i get a full statement detailing all charges billed by them and payments recieved from me. I am assured that this will be with me in "a few days".

Nearly 3 months on and I'm still waiting. IOL Comedy Gold more like...

ho hum

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kc10

got a bill from esat today for netsmart which says i owe them 86 euro for using net for 156 hours in the last two months.i am on netsmart 40 . my last bill was for 33 euros. i have time up internet timer and it says my billing should be for about 90 hours. i would barely use the net over an hour and a half a night so i know this is crap. 30 minutes on time up would say 1hour 30 on the bill in some cases. what are my options? any chance of getting proper itemised bill through eircom as esat dont do one only your max calls.

Advertisement