Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL browse

• 10-06-2003 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, I recently got the NTL digital package, how come when I hit browse and it shows me a smaller screen in the top right, it switches to UTV?
    i.e. if I was on Sky One, hit browse, I see utv in the small "tv" screen?
    But if I hit menu, it keeps it on the current channel?
    Cheers,
    GreeBo.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

I think you've got it the wrong way around.
    R u sure this happens when you press browse??

This should only happen when you go into the guide. :confused:

R u sure its UTV , coz anyone that i know of has ITV News in the miniscreen.

See here for more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [defunct]GreeBo

Hmm maybe it is the other way around, been a few days since I bothered.
    And it could also be the news, I just see the u/itv screen icon and sigh.
    At least the date/time is correct, at the moment....

Cheers for the reply!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Confusion in ITV-land me thinks...

When you hit "Guide" or "On Demand", the ITV News Channel will be shown in the Front Row Preview Window (that's what its meant to be for, but we never had the Front Row Preview channel, and now we don't have Front Row at all either).

When you hit "Browse", then "More Info", the current channel will be shown in the window. If you were on #107 ITV1 and pressed browse, then more info, then ITV1 would be shown in the window. Same if you press "Help". But if you then press "Guide" or "On Demand", the channel changes to the ITV News Channel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [defunct]GreeBo

ok, but if I am on a channel that is totally unrelated to itv/utv and I hit guide, would it not make more sense for me to see the "on demand screen" for the channel I was on?
    why is it ALWAYS bloody itv?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

It would indeed make more sense, but the purpose of the window is to make you see trailers for Front Row. Which is no longer available in ROI, and even when it was, was minus its Preview channel.

Take a look at the NTL UK channel lineup and you'll see what I mean.

• Advertisement
Advertisement