Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BSOD error, need a bit of help please

• 10-06-2003 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭

Loa folks,

Recently i stuck another stick of Ram into a PC. Afterwards i started getting very regular BSOD. (unexpetced kernerl mode trap). I took it out and still got it.

Now if the ram that i stuck in was dodgy (or static elec or sommet), i imagine it would have effected both sticks of Ram. What im wondering is if the mobo could have been damaged by the faulty ram or static. ( i did the usual stuff as a precation vs static but its hard in this office :p )

If i were to get another stick of RAM (unaffected) and stuck it in and the mobo was damaged. Would i lose that RAM too?

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

get some diag prog like
    Amidiag from American Megatrends or
    CheckIt from SmithMicro Software then you'll know for sure where's the problem, and if mobo is damaged it can affect future RAMs you'll be placing into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

OKie thx,

will give those proggies a go.

Advertisement