Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 3510 help

• 10-06-2003 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭

i was messing around with gprs and downloaded some really cheesy ringtones off some midi sites..........................my problem is getting them off the fukking phone, i cant find a composer option or a delete option anywhere.

Does this mean im stuck with the fukking things?

oh and how do you find out how much memory youve used, is the memory status option in the phonebook the total amount of memory you've used or just the total amount of phonebook memory you've used.

I'd also like to add that i bought this second hand and dont have a manual otherwise i would have read it before posting here..

cheers.......

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hope this helps you out for the manual and phone features anyhow:

Nokia 3510 user guide
    http://www.nokia.com/cda1/0,1080,1502,00.html

Nokia 3510 tutorial (requires flash)
    http://www.nokia.com/cda1/0,1080,1052,00.html

atb,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

cheers its a start anyhow,

ive got i think we're alone now and the theme tune to sledge hammer.................i really need to get rid of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by mooman_00
    ive got i think we're alone now and the theme tune to sledge hammer.................i really need to get rid of them.

lol :D

the muppet show is my current ring with a sample of the magic round about for the sms alert :)

BrianG

Originally posted by DubWireless

magic round about

i have that lying around somewhere too................along with the usuals: Airwolf, Knight rider and Murder she wrote(My Fave)......i think they are on a zip disk some where so ill have to go rooting.....

also the nokia manual/site was shiit, useless bastards, i couldnt even find a contact email address. Oh well im sure ill figure something out.

Bump

Bump

Bump

anyone out there got one of these phones???? Lovely people at o2 told me to go into menu-gallery-etc.......dont have it on my phone...........anyone know a nokia contact email address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

If you have access to a data cable or a laptop/PC with IRDA, get the Oxygen Ringtone Workshop.

http://www.oxygensoftware.com/download/

I used it to upload ringtones to my phone a few weeks ago, and used it to remove them a week later!

- Dave.

cheers TmB, but i dont have access to those......anyway i just got pissed off and restored factory settings......it got rid of them, so now im downloading more and restoring my settings.............there should be a way to delete ringtones ffs..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Depends on where you saved the tones to.
    They'll be in one of the folders in the gallery section though, that's for sure. Ringtones is the standard folder (obviously)

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have a 3510 too, but also don't have the option to remove ringtones. :(

Don't even think it's possible to overwrite existing tones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

There's no way to delete the standard nokia ringtones that come with the phone but any downloaded tones are easily gotten rid of. Just play with your phone a bit and you'll find things like this out not a bother. I didnt need any fecking manual to find basic stuff out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Why all the fuss about deleting them? Why not just NOT SELECT THEM and forget 'em?

Then you can just replace them whenever you find a nicer one...

Look im not a phone dunce the point im trying to make is has anyone had the same problem and got around it........

XCRICHARD:
    if i had a gallery option in my menu or even a ringtone/ ringtone composer option in my phone i would have used it long before posting here. Im not trying to remove the existing ringtones just the ones i downloaded. I dont need any fucking manual to find out basic stuff either, if it was basic and simple to do, than it could be done easily.....this cant, if one more fucking person says "go into your menu and use the gallery option" ill go for them, as it is im getting pretty worked up about it.

Phaxx:
    im not sure what you mean, if you mean just download over them i cant it keeps saying the page is too big to download.......this may be true which is why i want to find out how much memory ive used.

Byte:
    The only thing ive heard of so far is to update the software.....restoring factory settings doesn't do shiit (thanks o2) and going into menu-gallery-ringtones isn't an option (thanks about every other person i ask). Unless you have data cables tho updating the software will cost you (afaik) and im not even sure if it works. If you find something that does give me a shout.

Sorry if i seem a little pissed off, its monday morning and i am pissed off.....no offence ment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Its annoyin alright but when someone sends you a ringtone and your ringtone memory is full.. it gives you an option to overwrite one of the custom ones..

Advertisement