Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

french paper (h)

• 10-06-2003 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

i found that really easy.. I knew all the topics quite well, mobile phones, sport and the one on inequalities.

The tapework also was surprisingly simple. I had to check I had the honours paper! For once I actually got answers for the last section

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

The paper was great.... But the aural... :mad:

they used a F*CKING piece of sh*t from the 80s as a taperecorder..... None of us could hear the aural..... I mean it was a joke....

The other centre in the school used a stereo... apparantly the test was easy.....

French was important... I'm just so bloody angry about this.... Anyone know what the position is? I mean we can complain but what can they actually do about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I dunno man. I think you have to speak up at the time. We had ours today and at first we were in the gym. The echo was very annoying so we complained and got moved to a classroom. Do lodge a complaint though, in writing. Get as many of your classmates to join you aswell, either in the same letter or seperately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

i had the same problem, our tape recorder is was at least 20 years old. The tape was really fuzzy and crackly whenever a deep male voice spoke (the jalabert fella) And i did way worse than normal. There was no point in me asking for a different recorder cos i know for a fact that our school doesnt have ne better. I think its a bloody disgrace that aurals arent done on cd players in every school, i could have bloody well brought in my own cd player!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

thats unfortunate lads.

My friend whos usually good at french did badly too, the room was too big and there was a slight echo for him I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

Written went really for me, I really thought I was on course for an A........then that fecking aural. Started off well and then - halfway through Section 1- the class next door started their tape :mad: 22 empty rooms in the school and they pit the two leaving cert classes beside each other :mad: It was like having two french voices in the room.........everyone did ****e, including the class next door. The exact same thing happened for Irish too although it wasn't as bad as today :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

yeh, aural didnt go aswell as it usually would for me :(

but, can someone just answer me this: why was the cyclist guy proud?? no one i know had a clue what he said!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

harder than i woz expecting, but better than our pre. Comprehension 2 was a bit nasty in places ,what went first: the cows or goats????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!
    tape alright but not wonderful, dunno why jalabert was proud or why the strikers wanted more money. What was the sarcastic comment???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

les chivres went first... although they tried to trick us into thinking it was the other ones :D ... so i think anyways

the 2nd comprehension was quite tough, and i also thought the aural was a bit sticky in places, but apart from that it went ok.. which is all i needed from french anyways..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭wiensta

why was the cyclist guy proud
    because he stayed nice despite his success
    why the strikers wanted more money
    because they worked on a bank holiday
    What was the sarcastic comment
    The visitors (the sons friends) could do the renovations.

les chivres went first... although they tried to trick us into thinking it was the other ones
    We had a bit of a debate about this in school.
    I said the chivres too, the sentence seemed to be along the lines of "the cows followed the backs of the goats", BUT, I hear it actually meant "the cows were followed by the goats". Its a stinger I know, but the answer was in fact the cows.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭spaczed

thats fine so- i got those aural answers too :)

i thought that sentence meant that the cows followed in the footsteps of the goats? i could be wrong on that, but that was my impression.

Ach, but i don't mind really, i agree with most of ye overall it was pretty ok. And the oral comes into play too, so if you did well in that and ok in todays exam, it might add up well. well thats my hope :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement