Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCMCIA ISDN Card

Options
  • 10-06-2003 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have a Dell Inspiron 5100. I have a TDK Prodigital PCMCIA card. When inserted windows xp pro picks it up, I install the drivers from cd and then I restart. When restarted ISDN card not present. In device manager tells me could not start the device. There is also a 56k internal modem(pci)installed. I removed these drivers restarted but xp pro keeps picking it up and installing it. Any suggestions.Thanks

Petes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Are you installing the correct drivers for the ISDN card. Many of them come with drivers for the PCI equivilants too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Yes i loaded the correct drivers. I tested it on another laptop dell 2500. This worked fine also with win xp pro and picked up the isdn card no problem??Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭kernel32.dll

If you let XP pro find the internal modem, the in DevMgr disable the device.

Reboot, verify that the device is disabled and then attempt to use the ISDN card.....

see if that helps...

Yep I did that - didnt work. I diabled the irq sharing in the registry and the ISDN card is now picking up but now whenever I try to dial up Im getting no dial tone and after a bit of playing about im getting no response from remote computer. Any suggestions. Im not getting any activity from the ISDN card in the taskbar either.?? Thanks.

Petes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Is the PCMCIA cardbus controller an O2 Micro cardbus controller by any chance?

• Advertisement

Im not sure and cant check at min. Dont have access to the laptop. Why, will this make a difference??

Petes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

the o2micro controller is a known defective device in the inspiron 2650 range, if you a search for this on the dell forums you will find this but I saw this mentioned for a couple of different inspiron models. As far as I can remember, it may be a problem with all Inspiron models. My problem was with firewire and USB 2.0 PCMCIA devices. See my post here but again check out the dell forums yourself. Theres a link on my post to a fix from the card manufacturers that resolved my problem. It's a long shot but it wouldnt surprise that its the same issue

Just checked the laptop. Its a texas instruments PC1-4510 controller.

I have the isdn pcmcia card being recognised but when I try to connect - nothing whereas with the inspiron 2600 connects. The 2600 has a o2micro cardbus controller. Has anyone got any ideas. Much appreciated. Thanks

Petes

Advertisement