Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 10-06-2003 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭

this bast@rd computer i'm on in college keeps opening things by itself, pinball, notepad, word, freecell, internet explorer, calculator, etc etc etc.

any ideas how i stop it?

its bloody annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

turn it off and move to a different computer?

do you have tekkies that can sort it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Switch computer :)
    Really though, it sounds like a virus to me. One of those really irritating ones. You could press "ctrl+shift+Esc" and see what programs are running, and possibly stop it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

Originally posted by Raz
    You could press "ctrl+shift+Esc" and see what programs are running, and possibly stop it from there.

"Task Manager has been disabled by your administrator"

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Darth Henry

Originally posted by Raz
    Switch computer :)

i'm comfy now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

The things we must suffer for our comfort :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

does it do that when you start your computer or randomly?
    1. when you start your computer
    go to "start menu-programs-startup" delete unwanted items from there, depending on the OS you running you might have to start explorer and go to "all users-start menu-startup" (usually hidden folder, resides in either winnt, windows, documents and settings, depending on your installation) and delete them from there aswell
    2. Random
    could be a virus or bug (though i never heard of one that does this) or somebody's been playing with scheduler, go to
    "control panel-scheduled tasks" you shuld see some (maybe none if it's not the case) tasks go through them and delete unnecessary items from there,
    good luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

(ok dodgy chip in the mouse)
    used to be a logitech mouse program that did weird stuff like that - dirty big Eircom type rat in control panel - kept swapping icons and stuff.

Advertisement