Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win Xp question

Options
  • 10-06-2003 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

So i mistaken delete the calculator and wordpad off my comp. I was deleting them stupid card games that come with the system and i must have mistakenly delete the calc and wordpad too by accident, so i was just wondering where can i get them from? Is there a download of them from the windows site or something? all help appreciated, :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Hmmmm. Did you try rebooting? Some windows apps don't allow themselves to be deleted, so they reappear when you reboot.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

go to control panel, add/remove programs, click on the windows setup tab. tick the arrow on the accessories box, then click on details, click the calculator and wordpad boxes then ok and then hey presto!!!! should work.

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

no they didn't reappear. i deleted those games awhile ago, like a couple of months, but i only noticed about a month ago that they were missing. I did a search for them, but it didn't come up with anything. I was just on the WinXP site there, in the d/l section, but it couldn't seem to find anything on there. The computer that i am on now is in college, running windows 2000 Pro, would i be able to just copy both of those files off of this comp? or r the ones for WinXP different or might there be some kind of conflict?

Originally posted by Benbaz
    go to control panel, add/remove programs, click on the windows setup tab. tick the arrow on the accessories box, then click on details, click the calculator and wordpad boxes then ok and then hey presto!!!! should work.

B.

right oh, i'll try that then and see if it works

benbaz: what u said worked for reinstalling the calculator but not for Wordpad. How can i get wordpad back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

PM me your email address and I'll email you the exe.

well i could get a copy of it, but it would be from a comp thats running windows 2000 pro, so i was just wondering would they're be any conflicts or probs and is they're anything better about the xp one?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

since the excuse for TELNET in XP worse than the one in 3.11 I've used the one from Win98 instead...

Calc etc are standalone apps so should run ok from most versions as long as they don't use strange system calls.

PS. nice graph utility in XP powertoys version 1.0 - a little like those TI calculaters

Advertisement