Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

United accept Barca bid for Beckham

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I think this will only serve to open the bidding , Becks sure as hell isn't gonna want to go to Barca when other , better sides , are apparently interested in him .

Barca are a huge club but have struggled to find any form of consistency and I think I heard their 120,000 stadium is in need of serious renovation

Would he go there rather than Real or AC , I doubt it but maybe he'd see a challenge in awakening one of the worlds sleeping (Ailing) giants ????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Its subject to a lotta if's and but's however it is an real indication of how man united are thinking on the whole situation ...

I did not think beckham would want a Barca move , I was thinking Real Madrid

It looks as if Beckham is resigned to moving now too .....

I wonder who'll take over as the Tabloid Papers Pin Up Kid or will they follow DB over to Spain. ... .. .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

oh dear sweet god let him go to Barca or Real, i couldnt take milan splitting up a team that are just getting their feet again.

Papers are saying that Ancelotti is offering Shevchenko or Gattusso in addition to the fee for Beckham. NOOO if anyone get rid of that feckin woman Inzaghi, the lad goes down quicker than a bangcock hooker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Looks true heres more Here.

Althought its all about him agreeing personal terms,so no deal is done until that's sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I was hoping the deal would go through with Real Madrid and would include Figo. Although his form has dropped.

I see the deal is subject to:
    if Joan Laporta is elected president of the Spanish club.

Anyone else think that is an excellent re-ellection ploy by Laporta. (assuming the Barca fans would want Beckham).

I wonder who Ferguson will buy with the cash generated from the sale ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

If they do sell , i think it will be to Barca after all Barca aren't in the champions league therefore they would be avoiding maybe an embrassing return from Beckham to old trafford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Drazhar
    Papers are saying that Ancelotti is offering Shevchenko in addition to the fee for Beckham.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Maybe I was right about a publicity stunt???

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2003/06/10/story102143.html

this just gets funnier by the hour!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Why you post the same link twice? ;p

I dont find it funny at all. i dont like getting jerked around and i doubt beckham does either. No one deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭joey D

I'll see your David Beckham and I'll raise you a Ronaldinio...

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Why you post the same link twice? ;p

I dont find it funny at all. i dont like getting jerked around and i doubt beckham does either. No one deserves it.

Sorry didnt realise it was the same url - its a different story than the orginal story that was there when the url was posted first.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

The sooner this is over the better. Just go Beckham...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

his advisor company wont let him go. SFX need him to go to an equal, or bigger club and remember, Barca arn't even in europe this season. his image rights are worth too much!! he wont even go in to negotiations with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

BREAKING NEWS - SKY SPORTS -
    Posh approves move to Barca. She has commenced Italian lessons.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

haha... good one ella minnow pea.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I am so sick of this bloody subject. Everytime you look at a soccer site there is some new "revelation" what a load of horse.
    There are few things happening here.
    1. Beckham is going to be sold
    2. Barca are possibly been used to start an auction.
    3. all these IF's in relation to Barca, he may as well join scouse for all the european football he is going to see
    4. His cnt of a wife wants Madrid, and he is ruled by her
    5. Madrid do not want barca to get him, then they will do with macca and buy him, they have more money than sense.

time will tell but christ I wish the media would give it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Originally posted by yop

4. His cnt of a wife wants Madrid, and he is ruled by her

actually she wants milan, seriously like, and i dont see any evidence of him being "ruled by her".....and no we're not related...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

hopefully he leaves and i hear no more about him
    unfortunately the champions league will still be infected by him, possibly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

and i dont see any evidence of him being "ruled by her"

So u think the fact he wears hairbands, womens underwear, sarongs, wears matching suits with his wives has nothing to do with her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Ah FFS. Leave the guy alone. Whatever he does off the pitch doesn't matter. He's still a top class player.
    I'm pretty disappointed that he's leaving Old Trafford but things there ain't too good. Beckham and Ferguson haven't spoken for 2 months.
    I also reckon Fergie's ego is too big to keep him at the club. He might be the most successful manager ever but he has made quite a few bad buys over the years.

Advertisement