Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP Pro OEM

Options
  • 10-06-2003 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭

hi i order this from komplett to put it on my new machine which i'm also getting the parts from komplett but i was wondering will it install okay? some1 told that since they are a norwiegian company they use the norway XP? is this true?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

XP should be XP no matter what country you're in.
    When you install you should get the option to choose your language.
    That's my understanding from installing win2k. Can anyone confirm its the same for XP aswell?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Yes.
    'tis.
    When you install you are given all the usual choices for region, language etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

You get to choose the Regional Settings such as date format, currency and keyboard, but the menus, dialogue boxes and so on will be in whatever language version of Windows that you buy, so if you buy the French language version of XP or 2000, then you can only change the keyboad layout, currency etc., but not the language of the OS itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

Originally posted by dun_do_bheal
    You get to choose the Regional Settings such as date format, currency and keyboard, but the menus, dialogue boxes and so on will be in whatever language version of Windows that you buy, so if you buy the French language version of XP or 2000, then you can only change the keyboad layout, currency etc., but not the language of the OS itself.
    well, you can get MUI pack(Microsoft(R) Windows XP Multilingual User Interface Pack) for specific language you require but that i think costs money, anyway the XPs on komplett.ie are english version.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?AvdID=1&CatID=21&GrpID=5&t=443&l=2

Advertisement