Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Belgium's Belgacom slashes DSL prices

Options
  • 10-06-2003 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭

See here for comparison.
    From 01/06/2003 to 30/06/2003
    Order a subscription to ADSL Skynet Go or Plus between 1 June and 30 June, and surf at -50% in July and August.
    More info

Monthly subscription in July and August starting from : € 19.77, instead of € 39.54
    Incl. VAT

:mad:

Less than €20 a month! How forward thinking! Pushing their products....AMAZING!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

What speed is that?

I'm moving there in two weeks!

Thanks.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Dangger,

Just saw your link to the Belgacom site.

Unless I'm going blind, it doesn't say what speed each package is!

Help!

Thanks

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

In September the price goes back up to €39.54 INCL Vat of Course for the ADSL.

(Une link se trouve Ici )

In the meantime , €19.77 a month will get you either

3072/128 10Gb Cap

or

3072/192 15Gb cap

If you bust the cap it will cost you €5 for each 5Gb thereafter (or part thereof), that is 0.1c a Mbyte while both Eircom and ESAT will charge you 3.6c a Mbyte , all prices include VAT.

Remember that our dear Eircom will charge you €23.15 line rental before you can even get ADSL while Belgacom charges you €16.50 for exactly the same thing.

So here are the final July figures for Both Line Rental and DSL from the incumbent operator, assuming you stay within your cap.

Ireland , 512/128 4Gb Cap + Line Rental = €54.50+23.15 = €77.65
    Belgium, 3072/128 15Gb Cap + Line Rental = €19.77+16.50 = €36.27

Normally you would get Line Rental and 3072/128 ADSL in Belgium for a total of €56.04 a month all inclusive. Eircom would barely supply the RADSL alone at that price.

M

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you bust the cap it will cost you €5 for each 5Gb thereafter (or part thereof), that is 1c a Mbyte while both Eircom and ESAT will charge you 36c a Mbyte , all prices include VAT.

Surely that should read only 0.1c per MB ..
    (with out telco's on 3.6c per MB = €180.00 per 5GB)

As far as I am concerned that's fixed price resedential and 3072Kb is "Hi Speed"

Do the terms and conditions prevent you from sharing it out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by Muck
    In the meantime , €19.77 a month will get you either

3072/128 10Gb Cap

or

3072/192 15Gb cap

Eh, surely everyone will go for the second option if they both cost the same? :p

Anway, 3 Meg line for < €20 per month is incredible! We pay 150% more for 17% of the speed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Arrrrrgh! *pulls hair out*

frustration.jpg

Just dont mention the 100meg line for 50 euro per month currently available in Japan....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Muck, for the last time DO NOT INCLUDE LINE RENTAL IN DSL PRICE CALCULATIONS.

Its getting really annoying at this stage.

Eircom ARE ripping us off for line rental for sure, but it is just not logical to include it in dsl price comparisons for reasons that have been posted a million times before.

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Muck, for the last time DO NOT INCLUDE LINE RENTAL IN DSL PRICE CALCULATIONS.

Its getting really annoying at this stage.

Dustaz

I now do so ONLY when comparing entry level packages from incumbent operators, as in this case. If Belgacom were the second operator in Belgium I would not have thought it relevant and would not have introduced the matter. So we still dont agree but I am being selective in WHEN I point it out by way of comparison and will not introduce the Line Rental stats except in those circumstances.

As we Irish pay THE HIGHEST LINE RENTAL PER MONTH IN THE EU™™™™™ I do find it relevant I'm afraid, so do others.

I also compared the DSL packages in isolation before I added up the total whack to the household at the end.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

OK point taken.

Sorry for the indescriminate use of caps, unfortunatly i read this thread AFTER the UTV one and as a result was on a hair trigger ;)

/me solemnly vows to Dustaz never to introduce line rental figures in addition to DSL costs except when in addition to retail packages from incumbent operators in the EU

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by Dinarius
    What speed is that?

I'm moving there in two weeks!

Thanks.

D.

I'm already there!!

E.

Advertisement