Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Pets??

• 10-06-2003 4:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Just trying to figure out if anyone is as mad as me!! How many/what pets do you all have??

I have

8 Dogs
    15 Cats + 3 Kittens
    2 Iguanas
    2 Bearded Dragons
    1 Monitor Lizard
    1 Royal Python
    2 Desert Hedgehogs
    6 Sugar Gliders
    2 Ferrets
    31 Fancy rats
    16 Nile rats
    2 Shaws Jirds
    1 Chinese Hamster
    1 Roborovski hamster
    9 Russian Hamster + babies
    6 Syrian Hamsters
    12 Pallid Gerbils
    12 Mongolian Gerbils + babies
    3 Dupraisi (Fat tailed gerbils)
    30-40 fancy mice
    3 rabbits + babies
    25 guinea pigs
    1 Chinchilla
    1 Zebra Mouse
    6 Steppe Lemmings
    2 Ring neck parakeets
    2 Australian King Parrots
    3 Red Rump parakeets
    2 Crimson Rosella parakeets
    4 Love birds
    4 budgies
    6 Cockatiels
    geese
    chickens

& a boyfriend! LOL

Am I mad or what???

Faye:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Jesus that's a lot.

I've one cat and one dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Oh and a goldfish. Can't forget the goldfish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Do you run a pet shop or something? :)

Anyway, two of our three cats recently had seven kittens between them(no doubt from the same father. Our cats are shameless hussies.). Now we have ten of the buggers, and nobody in the family likes cats all that much...

Back in thae day we'd also have a hamster, four fish and two budgies.

So in summary, no, I doubt anyone's as mad as you.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Falkorre

hehehe
    *no-one* is as mad as Faye lol ;)

*bazz hides* :ninja: :)

:)
    B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Fayesy, I don't think we'll find anyone here on the boards with that many pets :)

The most I know about are some people that have maybe 5 dogs and 3 cats type of thing.

How big is your house? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Thats a flippin Amazon Forest!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭commuterised

Ok I am so jealous...

I have zero pets and you have a zoo!

I have joint custody of 2 beautiful golden retrievers. I babysit them on occassion :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

My aunt has a golden retreiver. Massive dog, bigger than myself, but timid and well mannerd as anything. Love dogs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Originally posted by koneko
    How big is your house? :)
    Maybe she works in the zoo? :)

1 dog. How interesting is THAT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭bug

one complete halfwit of a dog.
    three cats who constantly ambush each other in my house.
    a pond full of frogs, slowly diminishing in numbers because of one of above said cats who's developed a taste for them.
    another pond approx 7x5x4ft deep with japanese koi, which my brother keeps.

• Advertisement

Right now I have,...

2 cats, (see other thread for Photos :) ).

2 Dogs, (see other thread for photos :) ).

4 V. Large turtles, soon to be added to Fayes menagerie lol ;)

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Add another 2 Chinchillas, 2 Bushy Tailed Jirds and 2 more gerbils to Fayes list...

No one seemed interested in adopting a pair of chinchillas so off to auntie Faye they go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭FAYESY

Ok I do not live in a zoo (well not yet anyway! trying to add some lemurs to the list!!) but I am hoping to open a pet farm - one day!! & open a pet shop.

for more details visit my website (still underconstruction!) I have some care sheets on the site & hope to ad some more soon. www.perfectpetsireland.com

Regards

Faye

Bug :) !

U have frogs?!?
    You need to know mate, the wild frog is under serious threat in this country, do ur living best to keep the cats away if u can, some ppl are estimating that our native frog living wild will not exist except in very small areas within the next 10 years!

I am sooo glad to hear u have some in ur garden, u r very lucky, most ppl never see a frog these days, whole generations of people are only ever gonna see one on tv :(

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

FAYESY, how do you ever sleep? :)

I don't have any pets of my own technically but there are 5 local cats who hang around my house pretty much all the time. I get on well with all of them but they all seem to hate each other which can be very noisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

We only have lots of pond snails (possibly 3 kinds),
    Some waterboatmen beetles
    4 Female Cavies. (3 smooth, 1 near abysinian)
    1 male Cavy (near abbysinian style coat).

If frogs ate slugs I'd love some in my pond as we have a plauge of Slugs. They even feed on the cavies food. They squeek and jump in air if they acidently walk on a slug.

Vine weevils is the other pest we don't know how to get rid off. Anyone want *them* as pets?

gr8 way of getting rid of slugs...
    put sharp sand / gravel around things u dont want them to touch and they wont go over it, make sure its sharp gravel tho, smooth pea gravel *wont* work.

Other option is eggshells ;)

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

'fraid not...

Been scientifcally proven by Alan Tichmarsh to not work. (And didn't work here either)

If you put out enough saucers of guniness they drown them selves.. Costs a fortune and you also get a few drunken cats in the area. But to reduce the slug population sufficient that way you would need to flood the garden with stout. Which the Guinea Pigs wouldn't like.

We even have something that eats the Fatsia Japonica / Castor Oil plant leaves. Might be snails rather than Slug.

hmmm.....
    Sharp gravel always works for me ;)

maybe one of the store bought brands of pellets, just make sure they are cat and dog safe, and ginuea pigs might have to be kept in for a week ;)

The problem with beer aside from drunken cats is that when they die in it, it becomes poisenous to any other animal that might drink it during the night like hedghogs etc, which love slugs.

One thing you might also want to try is the "Slug-traps" that are available in garden centers, they are basically a green box with an attractant inside, more animal-proof than a saucer of beer, and also very cheap.

B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Tzetze

Originally posted by Dawntreader

You need to know mate, the wild frog is under serious threat in this country, do ur living best to keep the cats away if u can, some ppl are estimating that our native frog living wild will not exist except in very small areas within the next 10 years!

I am sooo glad to hear u have some in ur garden, u r very lucky, most ppl never see a frog these days, whole generations of people are only ever gonna see one on tv :(

B

I drive through the night on weekend nights in connection with work. Back in the Spring, I think it would have been March time (ish), while driving the roads in Co Monaghan, I saw nothing short of a biblical plague of frogs a couple of weekends in a row. Must have been spawning time for them. There was literally thousands of them to be seen all over the roads. Some hopping their way across the road (ala Frogger :) ), others just sitting there. Trying to attract themselves a mate, I suppose.

It was horrible driving through them. Trying to avoid as many as possible, but at the same time, couldn't put myself (or the bosses van) at risk. Must have killed hundreds of them over the course of 2 weekends. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I have one luberly Labrador type creature and 3 cats was four but one met the reality of crossing the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Well we own a kennels which can have anything from 6 to 18 dog's at any one time, the kennels are decent, upclass ones, for any of you who think we might be running a concentration camp type thing, we have a grooming room as well for anybody interested ;). Our own pet's are...three norfolk terriers, all show winners, two of em won the norfolk terrier section in crufts, we had a Belgian sheperd who died recently, again a show dog, and one cat, Gio, our fifth cat i believe.

[Added] Some random pics of the norfolk terrier...http://www.ralfs-hundelexikon.de/foto/terr/norfolk1.jpg http://www.everythingdoggy.com/norfolkb.jpg [/Added]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Originally posted by FAYESY
    Ok I do not live in a zoo (well not yet anyway! trying to add some lemurs to the list!!) but I am hoping to open a pet farm - one day!! & open a pet shop.

Fair play to ye! I *wubs* pet shops, and by jesus if that list of your pets didnt induce testicle quavering terror in me. Fair play tbh.

Only have one (very fat) cat myself :)

/edit: Oh and one more stray cat called Feo. Well technically a stray since we just feed him and give him a place to sleep...although he does hang around the gaff more than he actually strays these days..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I've got:
    A dog - A Standard Poodle
    A Snake - Californian Albino Cornsnake

And had:
    A Bearded Dragon
    A Hamster

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Originally posted by AngelWhore
    A dog - A Standard Poodle

Ohhhh suits you sir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I've got one dog,I think she's in pup at the moment so hopefully we'll have a garden full of dogs in a few weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rosehaired1979

We have
    2 cats(1 cat pregnant)
    1 dog
    1 rabbit (for sale)
    1 iguana (for sale)
    6 Tarantulas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

What are Chincilla's and sugar gliders?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 philmore46

I used to have a cat, however it kept crapping on my clothes that I left on the floor of the laundry room. One day I walked into the room and stepped in a nice pile. That's when the cat had to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I had two gerbils, both dead. They lived to be about four which is meant to be quite old for a gerbil. I had a cat, he died about a week and a half ago, got knocked down by a car. He was only about a year old.

Advertisement