Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halflife 2 also planned for xbox

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

A PC versus XBox versus Game Cube versus Playstation argument. How refreshing. Someone put up a poll quick!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have played 64 player games online. However a 20 player lan is even more fun.

Well thats obvious but you would need a huge house and lots of available friends for that :) if you needed to be able do do it on a daily basis,after all we are talking about on a daily basis.
    If you are talking about "every so often" well then a lan is the way to go.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well haven't had a huge lan in a long time. Gone are the days when the DNC all nighter wasn't full of muppets and was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

It couldn't possibly be the same. The ps pad has 4 shoulder buttons where as the xbox has two triggers and the black and white buttons.
    Also there is no melee attack in quake and you would need more than one button to cycle through all the weapons in quake.
    Mapping controls, even of games of the same genre, has to differ with the pad and I think bungie got it spot on first try for the specific pad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,378 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Seriously it is almost Identical. Trust me i've played them both. Forsaken on the PS also had a very similar control scheme. Halo's control scheme is nothing new.

• Advertisement

How can they be identical? The pads are different! And one of the games isn't 10 years old!
    I agree that the sticks have to do the same thing but there is no melee attack in quake so obviously that control is different. Y on the xbox pad swaps between the 2 weapons you have in your posession where as in quake you can carry about 10 weapons so they must have used at least 2 buttons to cycle through them.
    Halo was the first fps on xbox and bungie mapped each control perfectly. There's no torch in quake or the abilty to swap between grenade types. Also grenades don't have there own independent fire button in quake. What did clicking the sticks in quake do? Can you even click the ps pads sticks? Also the sticks on the ps pad weren't digital so it wouldn't effect your movement speed.
    If you come back and say the same thing again you're obviously not actually reading my posts.

Don't want to read your posts. analogue stick for the mouse, press it in for ducking. D pad for the keyboard. triggers for jumping and shooting. And the rest of the buttons for everything else. I'm not saying it's the exact same just that it's very similar. Anyway how can you comment. From your post it seems like you haven't even played Quake 2 on the PS. Next time don't start mouthing off unless you know what you're talking about.

"THE CONTROL SCHEME ON QUAKE 2 ON PS IS THE SAME AS HALO. Both use the digital pad as the keyboard and an analogue stick as the mouse. Also the shoulder buttons are used for jumping and firing. EXACTLY LIKE IN HALO except with a different pad."
    Will you make up your mind? Is it the same or not? cause if you keep changing your stance to weasel out of looking stupid then there's no point in discussing it.
    The triggers are not used to jump in halo! Have you played the game?
    "And the rest of the buttons for everything else"
    Ah yes that's the same!

Advertisement