Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best bots?

Options
  • 08-11-1998 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

I recently got reaper for q1 and erasor for q2,and also dronebot which seemed to be all the hype at planetquake.com but its got a ****e lag.
    so i was wondering what you guys thought was the best bots for q1/2?
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

Frogbots are the best for Quake1 1-1 practice, keep the reapers for level learning and ffa praccy
    dunnow much bout q2 tho...

ohh ye, frogbots are at http://www.telefragged.com/metro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Firestarter

thanks.
    I got frogbot but the thing keeps crashing even though i do what it says, ie: -game frogbot -zone 1024 -winmem 28.

it works now and then but boy are those bots tricky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Well the command is heapsize 28000 not winmem 28.....my command line is this:
    winquake.exe -heapsize 24000 -zone 1024 -listen 16 -game frogbot
    It works fine for me!! try adding in "-lockunlock"
    hope it helps.

Jay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Don't forget the old omicron's for ffa's on q1. Much smarter than the reaperbot - they're the only bot that rocket-jumps (afaik).

All bots - including the frogbot - get predictable and easy soon so some bot variety is nice. Omicrons can be found at:

http://www.telefragged.com/metro/q1bot_omicron.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Firestarter

thanks.
    omicron kicks ass!
    im not too sure about those shells going everywhere but the skins rule,i always wanted to blow bill gates to pieces ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

for q2 i reckon eraserbots are the best
    have a nice little front end and it caters for ctf, arena and ffa.

also playin 24 bots on ffa on the 64 player levels is pretty good. you just have to give them time to learn your routes and habits.

and no matter what anyone says, they do all seem to have different characteristics and you can change them. mind you, didnt improve my playing, but hey, its all fun and games til someone brings out v2.20

whitewash

Advertisement