Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

marx router

Options
  • 10-06-2003 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    i'm wondering if the modem/router/switch on sale for E144 at marx computers
    www.marx-computers.com

would be suitable for use on radsl services here? any1 using it ?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I'm assuming that you mean the e-tech adsl ethernet router; which I'm happily using with 3 PCs and an Xbox. Works a treat, although one drawback if you are not totally familiar with configuring the router is that the manual was in Dutch! That said they are pretty easy to set up if you have a bit of a clue and access to some decent technical support on the ISP end of things. The manual has screen grabs and dutch isn't that hard to figure out :D

Works with Xbconnect/Gamespy if Xboxing is important. NAT, VPN, Virtual Server etc. One handy thing is that there is an extra USB port so if anyone brings round a laptop with no ethernet card they can plug in.

Netsource were great helping me set up after the authentication method (PAP) didn't work, it seems this router requires it set to Auto and then all is well. afaic it's a bargain at 144 euro, Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭jackbauer

excellent news!! thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Hey,
    I bought one when i signed up for I-stream starter, Works a treat!
    Very happy with it, the manual is a bit dodge but the screen pictures are a great help!
    The USB is very handy (as MadsL said) for mates who just pop round with their laptop and steal all my bandwidth!!
    Good luck with it and Enjoy Broadband!!!!
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

if it's the AMX-CA64E this is a handy link http://www.amigo.com.tw/download.htm#amxca64e it's the same conexant router dabs sell in the uk, good router only problem ive seen is it getting a bit hot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sztraik

I think I'll go for this e-tech adsl ethernet router. You sounded convincing enough! :)
    I also live just 2 minutes from the shop...
    Thanks!
    Sztraik

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Smithers

i am getting myself one also when i get netsource

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Save yourself a few pennies, buy it off dabs, even with the high 25 shipping it works out at €114 at todays exchange rate.

http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-info.asp?quicklinx=17P8

jesus this is getting better and better!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Sztraik

I ordered it from DABS. Thanks!
    It seems pretty difficult to set up, but with the help of the forum people eventually... ;)

got mine last week and got switched on monday ,
    Thought how the hell am i going to sort this out , but with the quick set up guide and the netsource user name and password miracously it connected ,
    Then pc no2 was attempted , just went to the routhers ip addy as per manual and all settings were already installed through pc no1 so it was ready to go in 30 seconds!
    Now this might all make sence to someone who knows what they are doing , but to me it was a leap of faith!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement