Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by ironbrew
    Think about this for a minute and then answer me...What excactly is "nothing"?

Does it not make sense that infact "nothing" is actually something!!!!!????
    Assuming that when you die, there is nothing after death; nothing has to feel like something for you to know it is nothing. If you don't know it is nothing, then it has to be something. Therefore, there is something for you after death.

Existential, I know - but I get the impression that you will tolerate any old bollocks being posted here as long as it gets this forum's activity up?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭ironbrew

So therefore nothig has to be something.

Which would mean my theory is right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

Originally posted by ColinM
    Assuming that when you die, there is nothing after death; nothing has to feel like something for you to know it is nothing. If you don't know it is nothing, then it has to be something. Therefore, there is something for you after death.
    Actually, that is total arse. That doesn't follow at all. I think I was confusing my attempt at inductive proof there with the notion of reality only existing once it is perceived (with the "if you don't know it's nothnig bit").
    Let me have another go at the bollocks I wanted to post:

If you die and there is nothing, it has to be something for you to be able to experience it. Therefore nothing is still something.
    (I'm probably anal enough to try to re-evaluate that later).

Well, sorry for getting all philosophical on yo' asses. (Sorry - just happened to catch a bit of Pulp Fiction on telly last night).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭pauldeehan

Originally posted by ColinM
    Well, sorry for getting all philosophical on yo' asses. (Sorry - just happened to catch a bit of Pulp Fiction on telly last night).

It's cool in the gang.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Dont make me bring the GIMP out!

• Advertisement
Advertisement