Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why is netsource gone poor again.. for some and not others

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

101 of these little guys working at the netsource exchange presumably

tunga.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Originally posted by JohnK
    Just got an average ping of 48ms to jolt and had speeds of 52k/sec tonight. At this stage I'm just confused. What the hell is causing the problems?

What's there to be confused about? The service will never be brilliant all the time.Obviously at the moment either all the bandwidth isn't being throttled by the w4r3z m0nk3yz or not many people on your exchange are online.There's nothing else to it and they're the main two reasons for the unpredictable quality of service.Oh , and of course Netsource being a mickey mouse outfit being run from a caravan , parked off some housing estate in the big schmoke.
    :p

carb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

Now you know the price for an uncapped service. Thats why big companies like EsatBt and Eircom have capped their service. Not just to make money but because the warez monkies go over broad on a uncapped service.

Look at NTL in the UK, they have to cap their service at 1gig a day because of warez monkey abuse.

I know alot of warez monkies on netsource and half the **** they download they delete of their hard drive in a few days.

Waste of bandwidth!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

It's a very small price. For a few hours in the evening my pings are about over 100ms. It does effect my d/l speeds, so I never even notice it.

What's really a waste is bandwidth not being used because ridiculously low caps have been imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by ando
    lol:

C:\>ping clarity.jolt.co.uk

this thing is so unpredictable :rolleyes:

The REAL REASON for all these problems

sooooo many people running ping....

ya must all be flooding the systems with so many pings, the poor little wires canny take the stain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

damn it though 'gerard keating' was some messenger from net source saying there fixin it all up ands its going to be just fine soon..

quess not :(...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by -ADREN-
    damn it though 'gerard keating' was some messenger from net source saying there fixin it all up ands its going to be just fine soon..

quess not :(...

Sorry to disappoint.......:(

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Tried to play a game there a minute ago, lowest ping I could get was 460+. Super service , two thumbs up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Lockup

Put a 1G a day cap on the RADSL service Netsource. More than enough for all the warez whores with there tongues firmly out the side of the mouth. Ando/Carsby will have then full male relationship they look for :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭NITEMAN

Movedto people are never happy thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭urban Ninja

Pings matter to me. I'm using my broadband connection mainly for Xbox LIVE gaming. Thats why i choose IOL.

Like, i said about my warez monkey mates, they download just because they can. I was in one of their houses, checking out their connection and he download Macromedia Studio MX for the sake of downloading it. He won't even use the thing.

He doesn't have webspace. He is too lazy to make a web page.

So i'd rather have a cap then people waste a service with pointless downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭Rancid

I'm starting to be disappointed too... today when I had lotsa time to play games online... my ping was around 240.
    I mean... on 56k dial-up I was averaging 265 or something...

Granted weekends are gonna be the worst times... but ... I'm still disappointed. :(

Reason I didn't go for Esat's capped radsl is that there're 3 of us using it....and between my games... and their d/l's I know we'd exceed the cap.

I guess I just have to wait for Esat to enable Phibsborough exchange..... :rolleyes:

well tbh if there is 3 of ye even on a stable service your pings will be ****e anyhow if one of the 3 of ye are downloading while the rest of ye are playing on line....

but then again yes.. netsource needs to sort something out.

2 pc's connected... they share the other one ......
    ...and (by law!) *ALL* downloads stop when I start to play!;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Nothing is gonna happen over the weekend, we'll see what the story is monday i presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

Whats the percentage of time that its bad/good on radsl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Lockup

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Nice one lockup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Ah yeah nice one Lockup, finally a little good news.
    For those too lazy to click:
    Customer Notification - 16th June 2003
    Currently we're esperiencing slower than normal response for SOHO DSL customers.

We are in the process of doubling our bandwidth allocation to this group, however activation needs to be co-ordinated with a supplier, and we do not yet have a firm date.

We expected it to happen last week, so it is immenent. Will advise further as soon as we have the date.

Netsource apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

yay... but awww :(..

Think if they do get it sorted (like they got it "sorted" the last time) after more users join up it will go back to the same crappyness??..

• Advertisement

I'm losing confidence in them by the day... :(

All weekend, today and again tonight my ping is about 240-250 in games.

Disappointed. :(

Advertisement