Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Carrier PreSelect thing

Options
  • 10-06-2003 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭

OK, currently using €ir***. I'd like to know if anyone has signed up to another carrier (such as UTV, EsatBT or NTL) for their phonecalls AND can successfully use that 13636 number to get cheaper calls.

(I wanna go UTV for calls (for obvious reasons) but wanna use a different carrier (via entering their CPS prefix) for one phone no. in particular (it's the only one that's cheaper (and it's cheaper by far) than UTV's rate))

For example, just like I'd dial into nolimits using the 13321 CPS prefix from €ir***, and dial the 13636 CPS prefix for my cheap call (again from €ir*** as they are my current carrier) I'd like to continue doing so once I'm with UTV as my carrier.

Basically, once I have changed carrier from €ir***, can I still access other carriers by using the CPS prefix?

Anyone using a non-€ir*** carrier who can successfully use 13636 or the likes, or understands what I'm trying to ask?

It is what it's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Originally posted by oneweb
    Basically, once I have changed carrier from ?ir***, can I still access other carriers by using the CPS prefix?

You can use any CPS code, assuming you are registered with the relevant company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

But say, if you use CPS to select one service provider for national calls and one for international calls -Must you still have to enter numbers to pick the appropiate network or is it done automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

If your with another carrier you should be able to use the preselect codes as normal, for example put 13666 in front if you want to dial out on eircoms network. (no really)

My phone line is still with eircom myself so I cant actually test it but thats how it works, the digits will cause the carrier preselect system in the exchange to skip over adding the digits for your currently subscribed to carrier.

Cork - carrier _pre_select is done at the exchange so you dont need to dial the extra digits at the start. But if you have cps with utv or esat then you could use the carrier select code for eircom or worldcom etc etc and as long as they are set up to accept your calls you can use them too.

Advertisement