Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 many DJs

Options
  • 10-06-2003 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hoi there,

Ive Recently been listening to "2 Many Djs" ( if youve heard it you will know how good it is ! ) anywho I loved this album and basically im looking for somthing similar....im faaaaaairly new to this type of muzak so dont know where to what to look for ! :)

Any recommendations ?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I've been lead to believe there's other versions of "As HEad on Radio Soulwax" which can be bought on eBay in the states. They're apparently pretty rare.

Other similar stuff would be "How To Cut'n'Paste Vol. 2" - DJ Yoda and XFMs Remix Albums. Osymyso does some similar stuff as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Pick up the actual Soulwax CDs they are ****ing amazing.

gar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

If you want more of this sort of stuff, search for "mash-up" in bearshare/kazaa.... there's tons of these out there (i.e. Christina Aguilera Vs The Strokes etc etc etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Theres ****ing awful mashups though.

If you see the Soulwax website they list the mixes they did but were not allowed put on the album.

Cut and paste volume 1 and 2 isn't bad at all.

Go get some DJ shadow too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

DJ Shadow's cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Anything by DJ Yoda or Dan Greenpeace, Unthugged a collaboration between the two is excellent, lot better than the Cut N Paste series, basically anything on the FatLace label :) .. also Handsome Boy Modelling School or RJD2 are worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Avalanches "Since I Left You" is very good. Took them something like 4 years to get all the permissions.

I believe Morrissey has made a DJ album, haven't heard it myself yet though.

davej

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

http://www.loopdiloop.com/fsharp/NowThatsWhatICallBastardPop.asp

this was available in tower in dublin. i think road records also had it / similar stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

morrisey has two dj albums, the one, under the influence, is out now, the other is due out later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

thanks for all the replies....god i completely forgot i made this thread !

AS for the actual soulwax band....i think they are quite bad....they sound pop rocky and it isnt the same kind of muzak as the "2 many djs" album,

im not necisarily looking for an album full of "christina + strokes " " destinys child + whatever"

just similar type of music, I recently got "chemical brothers - surrender" which is really good - will download some of the stuff yea all suggested and if i likey go out and buy it !

Cheers

[edit] dj shadow rox :) what songs of his would you reccomend, i bought on of his albums yonks ago...cant remember the name though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by Tusky
    dj shadow rox :) what songs of his would you reccomend, i bought on of his albums yonks ago...cant remember the name though

Most of his best stuff wasn't on any album tbh ;)
    You have to check out Brainfreeze EP, and 2 other songs called celestial annihilation and zimbabwe legit..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

DJ Shadow is class, saw him in the ambassador last year. Brilliant. His albums are pretty amazing, Endtroducing, Pre-Emptive Strike(A collection of his singles & unreleased material) and last year's Private Press. But as repli said if you're more into cut&paste, get the two albums he made with cut chemist, Brainfreeze and Product Placement. Afaik official copies of product placement are rare, only 500 made, but bootlegs are available all over the shop.

Avalanches are brilliant also.

Yoda, RJD2 and handsome boy modelling school highly recommended too.

[edit] Celestial Annihilation is off the album SHadow did with James Lavelle as UNKLE, another great album, some great collaborations on it like Guns Blazing with Kool G Rap and Rabbit in Your Headlights with Thom Yorke. Its a sci fi inspired album using some fairly left field samples, for example the Galaxian(the namco arcade classic) sample used near the end of Guns Blazing. Bloody great album if you can find it. UNKLE - Psyence Fiction. Theres another couple of Unkle mix cd's, Do androids dream of electric beats? and Big brother is watching

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Any ideas if that remix of organ donor off Endtroducing was released as a 12" or what? You hear people playing it occasionally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Organ Donor Extended Mix is on Pre-Emptive Strike

Class tune alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

emmm, would it be alright to post a link to dicso's bootlegs?
    they've got sheet loads of tasteh bootlegs.

the charter says no links to copyrighted stuff, but this would only be considered promo material so...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

go for it tman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

they're all pretty pants tbh, only one or 2 worth a d/l...
    i was in a bit of an over enthusiastic friday evening type mood at the time:rolleyes:

http://www.4trak.net/dsico/archives/cat02_downloadm.html

Advertisement