Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Show me the spec!! web wise!

Options
  • 11-06-2003 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

Here's a Q.. that I cant seem to find an answer for.

The other day I was presented with a little challenge, I since havent been able to find a solution. Help!

The challenge is that when a user visits his website that he is able to press a button that will direct him to another page detailing the specs on his machine, ie. all the hardware listed from his machine. This I know can be accomplished with vb script.

Now the information being obtained does not have to be stored remotely.. as in we dont want the info, we just want the user to be able to check for his own personal knowledge.
    The info to display would be the processor and hd size along with the ram.. I know this is possible in many other way's but I want to be able to alow a user to click a button and hay presto there's your pc config..

Any takers!???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by zekiel
    This I know can be accomplished with vb script, but only in a msg box.

Err...why only in a msg box?

If you can run code on the clientside to generate the text for the msgbox, then you can just as easily submit said text back to the server which can plug it into another page........

jc

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Sorry about that.. your right, I've done this but I was wondering if its possible to do it with another language?

Advertisement