Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Predictions: Ireland Vs. Georgia

• 11-06-2003 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭

Well what do ye think the team will be and who will win.

I'm gona go with Reid to start on the right of a four man midfield. If Duff plays he will hopefully start on the left but after Connolly's abismal display on Saturday I reckon Kerr might start him up front (all providing he is fit). Otherwise Kilbane on the left and Doherty up front.

Ireland 2-0 Georgia

[edit] sorry my typing was ahead of my brain, I meant to start Duff on the left[/edit]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Ireland to win comfortably enough. 2-0.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

3-1 for Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I think Ireland will win 2-0 but itll be another scrappy performance. ut who cares how we get there as long as we get there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

if kerr uses his head we're looking at a 3 or 4 - 0 hammering to ireland, if Kilbane starts i'll jump in the liffey :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

2 - 0

We haven't got the fire power to win by any more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I reckon he will go with
    Given
    Carr Breen Cunningham O'Shea
    Reid Carsley Holland Kilbane (or Duff if fit)
    Keane Doherty

I'd prefer to see someone else at left back and O'Shea replace Breen at centre half, but otherwise its decent enough. McPhail could be used at some stage though....if we are going to start bombarding the box, McPhails range of passing and Carsley playing the Anchor role may work well.

As for the score, I'd say 2-0, with one goal in the 1st half, a nervous patch and a late 2nd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Hardly 3 or 4 i think, i can`t see us getting that amount of goals. I fancy them to grab a goal or 2 as well. Hope i`m wrong tho.

I`d like to see clint morrison and robbie up front with duff and reid playing the wing, with carsley(who`s in form) and matty holland in centre mid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Originally posted by jonno
    If Duff plays he will hopefully start on the righty

i thought duff was a leftie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    i thought duff was a leftie?

He is!! He's prob one of the best left wingers in europe.
    He can play on the right tho.
    But if Duff is fit he'll start left with Reid on the right I'd imagine.

Originally posted by bazH
    I`d like to see clint morrison and robbie up front with duff and reid playing the wing

With Morrison not even in the squad due to injury and Duff only 50-50 thru injury I rate the chances of this happining tonight as infinity to one. Anyone wanna place a bet :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Well it has to be a better performance than saturday.
    Im sure Kerr will go back to the 442 for this.

score: Ireland 3 - 1 Georgia

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Yerac

2:0 ireland, important not to fall asleep after scoring like on saturday. 4-4-2 should be a bit stronger too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I also think it'll be 2-0 Ireland. Sets us up for showdowns against Russia and Switzerland!

C'mon Ireland!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Hoping for a completly different preformance today then against the albanians...but we cant forget that georgia will want this as bad as us, and will be up for it today...

If duff is fit though,I shant have many worries..

3-0 Ireland, Keane,Reid and Doherty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

I think we'll win 3-0 or 3-1. The lads will definitely play better than the Albania game. Wouldn't be hard. If Duffer's fit for the game he'll play Kilbane on the left, Reid on the right, Robbie and Duffer up front. Drop Connolly. Kinsella should be dropped permanently, he's not up to it anymore. Play Carsley or Healy in midfield with Holland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

after saturdays perfomance , i'm going to stick my neck out and go for a pessimistic 1 - 1 draw featuring Robbie and a penalty.

hope i'm wrong though

Originally posted by Space_Coyote
    Kinsella should be dropped permanently, he's not up to it anymore. Play Carsley or Healy in midfield with Holland.

Think I'll hve to agree with you on that. I reckon the fact that hes not first choice at his club anymore is really affecting his international performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Well ya cannot get a much worse performance than Saturday , I'm expecting a narrow win ... 2-1 but I hope it's more comfortable than that ....

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

3-0 to Ireland.

By the way, whats the odds on the Ireland fans booing Arveladze? Could be worth a bet. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Lennoxschips

Connolly wasn't bad against Albania. He gave great ball to Keane which Keane should have buried, and he did a lot of work in build up play in passing the ball about and helping out in midfield where Holland and Kinsella were failing miserably.

Okay, so Connolly didn't win any long balls, but we shouldn't be expecting him to either. Surely our tactics shouldn't be restricted to "lob it up to the big man" and ending up having to bring on Gary Doherty.

Connolly is a skilled player, I watched him tear apart Ajax in Amsterdam when he was at Feyenoord. He got two goals and two assists.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Originally posted by Lennoxschips
    Connolly wasn't bad against Albania. He gave great ball to Keane which Keane should have buried, and he did a lot of work in build up play in passing the ball about and helping out in midfield where Holland and Kinsella were failing miserably.

Okay, so Connolly didn't win any long balls, but we shouldn't be expecting him to either. Surely our tactics shouldn't be restricted to "lob it up to the big man" and ending up having to bring on Gary Doherty.

Connolly is a skilled player, I watched him tear apart Ajax in Amsterdam when he was at Feyenoord. He got two goals and two assists.

I agree, he is very good, I mean you don't score them ammount of goals he has this year if you are a bad player, not even in devision one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A draw except for the own goal which Breen scores in the 6th min of extra time! ;)

Nah, it'll be a narrow.....?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Now why didnt I visit the bookies on the way home from work yesterday?:p

Originally posted by jonno
    Now why didnt I visit the bookies on the way home from work yesterday?:p

You and me both! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

nice to see Reid getting nentioned :)

gooo tricky trees !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by Sposs
    2 - 0

We haven't got the fire power to win by any more.

Finally got a result correct :)

Kilbane for once had a stormer,and are people blind to how good Colin Healy is,will someone please sign him.

Advertisement