Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

free lance website in ireland

• 11-06-2003 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

www.freelanceireland.ie

if anyone uses this, can they tell us how well its updated etc.
    i was sent this today and was wondering if people could check it out.
    after all, there do seem to be a lot of people in the development scene at the moment looking to change jobs

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I've been keeping an eye on it. Haven't got work out of it yet but have made a few contacts. Traffic is a bit slow, it needs to be advertised a bit in the press and elsewere. Theres a few too many people with very bad english from very far away on it. Makes the board look unprofessional and anyone I've talked to who posted a project really weren't impressed with that. As they were looking for Irish contractors to do their projects. For billing issues and ease of contact mainly. Though other eWork boards seem to suffer from the same sort of eWorkSpammers. Dunno how you stop it though. Its a good start though I think it needs some tweaking of the format before it would become truly useful.

The popup at the start is really annoying...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pingin

I heard of it after it was nominated (or maybe even won) a golden spider. I've been a bit dissappointed by it as there don't seem to be many projects on offer which is not of course the fault of the web site itself. Maybe it just needs more aggressive marketing.
    I agree about that popup which he should really lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

I suppose the number of projects on offer (or not) is really just an indication of the market itself. I've never bid for a project myself, but I would be concerned at the apparent lack of understanding by some of the bidders in relation to specific projects.

The only thing that really got up my nose was an agency PMing me via the site, although I did make a complaint about it.

D.

Advertisement