Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wfv folders - what are they ?

Options
  • 11-06-2003 11:56am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On an NT4 / Exchange 5.5 server there are now 1048 folders in the winnt folder (wfv10 ... wfv1167) - They seem to be either empty or have exchng3.cab - part of the exchange client (pre outlook thing)

Just out of curiousity & so I can avoid other products of the offending company again (IMHO 1048 spurious folders on the system drive IS a denial of service attack )

I think it's to do with network associates antivirus (which has been removed because they did not fix their management agent and upgrade problems before they doubled the renewal price...)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭ColinM

That sounded familiar as soon as I read your description there.
    Have a look at this: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/230308.htm
    "When performing a virus scan with Backup Exec for Windows NT and Windows 2000, \wfv directories are created in the system directory with incrementing numbers."

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah that fits the bill

(only strange thing is we use arcserve ... - go figure !)

Advertisement