Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

confused about clikpay, realex and how it all works!

Options
  • 11-06-2003 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

ok first up - be warned - i'm a complete newbie when it comes to selling online, so apologies in advance for the silly questions!

i'm currently involved with a small company who wish to start selling publications online. they're keen on using clikpay to help them do this, and ASP for any development work. whatever they use, it needs to be easy to administer when up and running cos non techies will be mainly doing that.

ok, so i've read some other posts here talking about clikpay and realex - some talk about using clikpay on its own and others about combining the 2....

it would be great if someone could clarify for me exactly what each does in simple terms:
    i've an idea that realex provide processing while clikpay (affiliated with bank of ireland) provide a merchant account, but that clikpay could do both? what's the advantage in using both? - if you use different providers for each bit are you not incurring 2 sets of fees instead of 1?

also, there does not seem to be a shopping cart package included with clikpay - where do i start with that? i was looking at a product called CactuShop - does anyone know how easy is it to integrate that with realex/clikpay? what are the popular off the shelf options?

i know many will feel that much of this has been covered in recent posts, but i'm still quite confused so any advice would be appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 570 ✭✭✭manonthemoon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

Hi Fizzy,

I know it can get a bit confusing sometimes, especially starting out. I'll try and explain some of it for you.

Eurconex (Clickpay is a service euroconex provide) offer an online merchant account so that you can accept payments via the web. When payments are received through this account, they are put into your bank account whether its BOI, AIB, Ulster Bank, etc.

In addition to the online merchant account, you need to have a Payment Service Provider (PSP) to do the payment processing for you. Now, Eurconex can provide you with their in house system to do this called Clikpay or you can use someone else, e.g. Realex.

In terms of why use clikpay and don't bother with realex.... it's all about quality and service. You get a much higher level of service from Realex and the lads over there are great at helping you get set up. Their online control panel for viewing and processing payments is 10 times better than clikpay. I have worked with both systems and find that Realex is much better... all round!

Someone correct me if I am wrong but is the price better with Realex. If you use Realex, minimum charge is EUR 49 per month but I think if you use Clikpay its a minimum of EUR 127 (I'm not sure about the Clikpay charge, I can't remember). Really, costs wise, it's not that much to use Realex. EUR 49 per month gets you 50 transactions processed.

In terms of cactushop. It's a good system. There is a little bit of work involved in getting it to work with realex or clikpay but I have integrate version 4.7 to work with realex. Just changing the settings in the database and it works for you. Let me know if you need a hand with that. I can throw over the extra pages and additions needed for the database.

Well, best of luck. Give me a shout if you need anything answered or you want those files.

Cheeurs,

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

thanks so much for the helpful reply dave - it's cleared a lot of my confusion up :)

Advertisement