Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband4ballinlough

• 11-06-2003 12:20pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

As recently mentioned, I've created a website for a campaign to get Ballinlough exchange in Cork City upgraded for DSL. Unfortunately, due to pressure of work and conflicts of interest, I'm not in a position to take this project any further; I now need someone to take the reins before it creeps into the ever-growing depository of discarded dahamsta brainwaves (or brainfarts, depending).

There genuinely isn't a whole lot of work to do with this project. The domain name is registered and the website just needs a little TLC to finish. What the project needs now is a manager to take over and implement the plan: someone to talk to printers about getting leaflets and posters done, organise a day of letterbox-stuffing and poster-sticking, and get registrations shoved in someone's face.

It won't cost you a penny, and myself and several long-time campaigners will be there to help and advise you. There are already offers on the table to help with a leaflet drop, the domain name is paid for, the hosting is free, the site is templated so updates are easy. I should be able to grease the path towards the media, and I can be on hand to help you talk to or prepare for them.

And talk to them we will, because broadband4ballinlough will be one of the first campaigns of this kind in Ireland. We've seen two radio items in the last week alone, at least one of which clearly painted Eircom as the anti-competitive monsters that they are. Eircom's facade is beginning to crumble, people are starting to see through them, and there's nothing Irish people like more than kicking a bully when they're down.

Interested in kicking Eircom while they're down? Drop me a PM or email boardsATspamfilterDOTcc.

Thanks,
    adam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement