Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Sapphire Radeon 9000 PRO 64MB AIW

• 11-06-2003 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

I've scrapt my idea of a capture card and am now looking at the ATI all in one card which appears to do a good job at capturing camcorder/VHS. Any comments/suggestions on my choice of card ? The next Radian all in 1 card is the 9700 which is over €400 so thats out of my price range.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

I'm told they're pretty good (unless you're into the newer 3D games, in which case, well, it probably doesn't need explanation).

However, ATi's video capture/tuner/tv-out hardware has an enviable reputation; it's apparently quite good, and ATi have been shipping hardware MPEG-2 decoders in their hardware (even the cheap crap) for years, which is useful.

The single biggest thing I'd say is invest in the remote control - I think it's called "Bob" (http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?action=info&p=32215&t=&l=&AvdID=1&CatID=&GrpID=&s=sr). It's radio frequency (not IR), so you don't need line-of-sight, and can emulate the mouse for you. Great for a box to sling under the telly, and it's a steal for 32 euros :D

HTH,
    Gadget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Thanks for that Mr Gadget. I'll check out the remote. Anyone else have comments or suggestions ?

Advertisement