Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN-the truth

Options
  • 15-11-1998 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

At that stage, ASDL should be out, TE have said it will be much the same price as ISDN, but it's proberly based on this price. And I wonder if the people who bought the ISDN get a refund?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I was talking to a telecom dude yesterday about Isdn lines,and the bad news is that Telicom wont be dropping the prices of them till halfway into 1999.The good news is that by that time Telecom will be really pushing Isdn at the home market and the understaffed Isdn division will be increased ten fold.so start saving your pennies now lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

hobbes, whats this ASDL your on about? give us some info ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Ask someone who knows :) Think it's cable. I do know it's a lot faster then ISDN.

To Quote: http://www.irish-times.com/irish-times/paper/1998/1113/tech7.html

"In particular, he said Telecom would introduce in the first half of 1999 a new, high-bandwidth ADSL (asynchronous digital subscriber loop) service at a cost similar to ISDN lines (integrated services digital network). ADSL is a technology which offers vastly accelerated connection speeds over the copper phone wire already used for voice calls."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Firestarter

ASDL is like ISDN but supped up,(in some places it is 10MB/s)
    their is lots of info about TE Vs cablelink at http://www.hackwatch.com/~kooltek

Advertisement