Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whitewash/3D card

Options
  • 13-11-1998 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

The only card to get at the moment is the TNT

pure mental card, although a bit costly. think blade has one, ask him

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

yeah, but does it run on a 166mmx?

i aint upgrading just for a card!

unless someone just happens to be floggin a 450 p11 for a measly £50!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Talk to me Whitewash and we can do a deal about upgrading your puter or anyone else out there that wants bit's and peices just let me know what u lads want.

PS. Daaa this does not mean video's okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Venom, whats the deal on gettin a pII450?? Can u get one for a low low price?? ;) Let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

How about 2 Voodoo2's Ven?

WW, I've decided to buy two Voodoo2 cards during the week, so you can have me old card for forty quid, if you want it.

It's a Righteous Orchid V1 card, still got the box, manuals etc. etc. Simplest install ever, I put it in while I was drunk, which is saying something for Win95 :)

Never a days bother out of it, so if you want it, mail me and let me know - go for a couple of pints as well while we're at it.

• Advertisement

castor, check your mail. pints on next week
    venom, if your interested in a pint in rathmines drop me a line. maybe we can talk some hardware business. perhaps we can start a puter racket and take over da business from peats o parnell street :)

later
    whitewash

WW, got the V2's and got them installed with (almost) no bother whatsoever. All I have to do is find the cd of drivers for the v1, and it's all yours. Cya later.

Castor u dont really need the to give WWM your old v1 drivers as there are newer one's out on the 3dfx site (www.3dfx.com).2 Voodoo2 cards ya mad ******* :)email me a pic of what q2 looks like in your highest res .

Junkie PII 450's are like gold dust at the moment but i can get u a good deal on 300's if ur interested.

Right, the driver cd's have been located, so whenever you're ready WW, give us a roar and we'll meet. Ven, Q2 runs 50fps at 1024x768 now, mmmmmmm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Cave

50fps at 1024x768 not bad. Mine runs at 63fps on the same res ;)

• Advertisement

well, i reckon friday night is always good. i'll be at home in rathmines on friday. sooo, how about roddy bolands? havent been there in ages. bout 7:00ish?
    i'll have probably lost the blonde tresses by then, but sure, yad know me anywhere!

venom.. is that ok for you too? if not, drop me a note and gimme a few prices on any hardware you might have going. ie 4gig h/drive, 300hz processors etc. like i said before, i dont exactly have loads of cash at the moment but im sure we can do a deal.

anyway boys. roddy bolands. rathmines. friday 7:30.

later
    whitewash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Firestarter

Is the Pheonix card any good?
    16MB,128 bit.
    supposed to be a supped up voodoo2,is it any good or just another copy?

As far as I know the Pheonix card is the maxi gamer 3dfx Banshee card.Get a Voodoo2 instead as it only costs a little more.

Friday is cool for me whiteWash and I'll get you some prices on HD's and CPU's.

Advertisement