Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your thoughts needed...

Options
  • 11-06-2003 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

I'm currently developing version 3 of my website, a beta version can be seen here url]www.exiot.com/89_z.php[/url I need your thoughts on the layout, what improvements can be made.

I am going to make a mysql login system, that the people that register will get more features on the website than others, the graphics are pritty plain as well but Im going to add more shades of blue and different designs as it progresses in developement, so your thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

First criticism (and everyone is going to say this) : black text on very dark background just doesn't work!

I had to highlight the text just to be able to read it.

- Dave.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

What text? There's text? ;)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

lol - change the text to grey :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Also the navbar at the top has no reaosn to be a graphic. That effect is very simple in html / css. Should take the load time down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

I can see the text no problem, but then you are the people :), the graphics do not take that long to load, do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭commited

im on a mates PC that uses a v. bright LCD and we can see the site ok. but on my 19" at home it just looks ridiculous - change it to grey :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Yeah I think the inside needs to be a grey - the blue just does nothing for it.

black and blue text dont work either - but nice idea though, looks like a few sites that are linked from surfstation.lu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Nice site but pity bout the Contrast, u need to work on that.

Advertisement