Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

virus

• 11-06-2003 6:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭

Image1.gif

Whats this all about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Have you got AVG installed on your comp if yes run it and make sure your definitions are up to date, have a look at this link for other support http://www.computing.net/security/wwwboard/forum/2281.html

you can use this one for your definitions
    http://www.grisoft.com/html/us_index.htm?session=74ebf0d021316a2cea2ae8021bac1065

maybe a little other advice norton antivirus or else Mc Afee anti virsus instead AVG:ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭tech

If anyone wants a copy of BugBear B I can forward it on.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 McGyver

Are you using Windows ME?

You can get more finformation about removing viruses in the "_restore" directory at:

http://www.antivirus.ie/index.mv?faq=12

good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Callan

Im using XP home edition.

I think Ill just get rid of AGV and do as Mac daddy said.

What is the problem?

Are you unable to remove the virus in the "_restore" directory or are you trying to get more information on the virus?

Actually most AV software has problems with the "_restore" directory. this was created by the Safe Restore function of the OS.

If you are looking for desktop AV software have a look at Pc-Cillin from Trend Micro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Originally posted by tech
    If anyone wants a copy of BugBear B I can forward it on.
    I've had it about 6 times so far, and our bang up to date corp version of NAV only picked up 2 of them, the other 4 got through with not so much as a hint of them being dodgy.

It's a clever little bugger it is.

Yep...BugBear is tricky.

It uses dodgy MIME constructs to hide itself in the headers of emails.

Most content scanners dont find it...but when it gets to the desktop LookOut finds it.

Wham...U got a virus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

its a sod, thats for sure.

already more abundant than it's daddy was.

ISP's have been inundated from what I hear.

Cyber Sentry have reported a 3-5% infection rate on all email on their ISP network over the past seven days!

This is up from a norm of 0.3%!

Advertisement