Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlecraft '42 released!

• 11-06-2003 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭

bc42title.jpg

Yes, finally.

Suppose to be shipped with the origional Battlefield 1942 CD's but not it has finally been released with battlefield v1.4! Although we are being strongly informed that it is still Beta software and there are still a few bugs you can download Battlecraft and make your own BF maps now. you must have v1.4 of Battlefield installed for it to work though :)

Official BETA homepage.

For more information on the Bf1942 v1.4 patch and also download links for Battlecraft goto:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100304

Its a nice 12 MB download too ... :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

BattleField mapping must be so easy. Theres no real detail on buildings or anything, just the terrain. Still though might give it a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Allrighty, I downloaded Battlecraft and have been playing around with it for the past hour. Lots of fun and well put together i have to say. Though i would advise reading a getting started or something cos it is a bit strange, its still a beta though.

So far ive put up an Axis & allied spawn. Around the axis spawn i have one Tiger and Two BF109 Planes and a Hanger. Theres a mountain around the base too. Though the problem is when i go and test the map out ingame it loads then crashes back to desktop before the map starts so ... yuck. Better read the getting started somewhere. If you wanna see a pic I took of Battlecraft in action click here

Also, i have began work on the GameEditing site! Yes I had to pretty much stop work on it due to the Leaving Cert but with just two exams left, which are next week, i put a bit of time back into the GameEditing site and came up with this today. A bit has changed since i took that pic of the site but its still pretty much the same layout etc. If you have and ideas for the site tell me and id like to hear what you guys think! After Wednesday ill be working on the site full-ish time so wa hey!! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

w00t. Madbull's in with Zerk on battlecraft now. So it might turn out pretty great. Now all they need is coincoin and they'll be flyin. Who says money can't buy EA happiness ???:)

Dregin

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Originally posted by Winters

Its a nice 12 MB download too ... :(

I think you gotta download the samples.zip too, to get light mapping to work in any reasonable fashion. Haven't a clue what's in it but it's 50 Mb :(

Dregin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

nice job winters.
    slap it onto a cd and bring it in wednsday, there's a good lad...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Keep those RFAs intact :)

Also battlegroup42 have setup a forum on TMT they have some very talented people in their group and could help you out.

kdjac

Advertisement