Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

behind my knee!

• 11-06-2003 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

yeh so nearly everytime im at the gym the back of my right knee aches, not so bad that i have to stop but there's a definite twinge.

once it was so bad that i was limping for a day, but that was ages ago.
    thing is, i dont run or anything, i only walk on the tradmill (fairly fast and uphill) but STILL! its only walking!

i always stretch and its really bugging me, does anybody know why this is happening, imasuming its not serious enough to go to the doctor with anyway.

cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

A poor walking style on an incline could lead to excess stress on the joint.

If you are overweight this will also complicate things above.

It might be nothing, but the training solution to a lot of joint problems would involve developing the muscle around the area giving trouble. If your knee is causing trouble it is likely best to avoid squats for now, simpy try use front leg curl, reverse curl, and maybe the seated leg press.

Find your training range and develop half a program around it.

Other than this, there are supplements for joint issues such as glucosamine and chondroitin.

JAK

Advertisement