Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Eircom Gonna Bring Out A Friaco Product?

Options
  • 12-06-2003 11:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

I've heard they are planning on bringing out tiered prepaid product.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

and if they do it would have to pretty darn good for anyone to want to buy IT !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Originally posted by ednwireland
    and if they do it would have to pretty darn good for anyone to want to buy IT !!!!!

haha
    funny cos its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Sadly, it is likely that Eircom will succeed in signing up a lot of people for any FRIACO packages they bring out. Firstly they are the incumbent and so have access to all sorts of data about their customer base which can be used to effectively market their products.

Secondly many people, believe it or not, are likely to be happy with the service they get from Eircom. These are people who use the internet on an infrequent basis, and who are not into DSL etc. There is a growing awareness, especially among heavy net users, of Eircom's dead hand on the Irish Economy, but many people either aren't aware, or don't care about this.

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I understand eircom's first so-called FRIACO product is 150 hours a month for €30 inc VAT. The only difference I can see between it and UTV's product is that you can use the hours during peak time. If UTV are switching over its customers onto a proper unlimited product for the same price, as was mentioned in a thread a couple of months back, eircom's so-called FRIACO product should be a complete flop.

Poor eircom.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Mr_Man
    Secondly many people, believe it or not, are likely to be happy with the service they get from Eircom. These are people who use the internet on an infrequent basis, and who are not into

i'm pretty aware what eircom are like, but i'd still go with them over pretty much any other Isp, and I'll recommend them to anybody who asks me. From a technical point of view, they are the best Isp, dont give much trouble

I've had much more trouble with utv and netsource (ping, reliability, speeds etc) than I've ever had with eircom. Sad, but true. I'm thinking of swaping over to eircom's dsl as i'm with netsource now and not having the best experiance with them

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Originally posted by ando
    i'm pretty aware what eircom are like, but i'd still go with them over pretty much any other Isp, and I'll recommend them to anybody who asks me. From a technical point of view, they are the best Isp, dont give much trouble

I've had much more trouble with utv and netsource (ping, reliability, speeds etc) than I've ever had with eircom. Sad, but true. I'm thinking of swaping over to eircom's dsl as i'm with netsource now and not having the best experiance with them

funny, because ive had the exact opposite experience than you. when I was with eircom, it was a nightmare. Their tech support was CRAP. They were expensive. They didn't give a sh*t about their customers. And they have a bad habit of changing the passwords on web hosting accounts and email accounts without telling the customer (and no, there was NOTHING illegal or against the terms and conditions on the web hosting or email accounts).

When I switched to UTVip, the costs went right down, we needed technical support from them a few times and they were friendly, courteous and they knew what they were talking about. When connectig to other UTVip users, i get EXCELLENT pings (for a 56k dialup service (about 150 to 200ms)).

Are you working for eircom by any chance? :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

What the hell!, Of course they ARE and they are also in a position to knock the stuffing out of any competiton, unless our Irish government grabs them by the balls until it hurts beyond endurance!.

But, they will NEVER get this kiddos business, even if they offered FRIACO 24/7 for a fixed €1 a month. The B******s.:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I reckon ando's been around here a while andrew, and I reckon he'd have been shouted at a lot more if he was an Eircom cheerleader. That being said, I have to agree with you on the service front. I stopped using Eircom years ago because of the atrocious service I was getting, and any time I use them as an emergency ISP it still isn't a patch on the reliability I get from UTV.

I don't like being a cheerleader for anyone to be honest, but UTV'd given me pretty much faultless service on analog and single- and dual-channel ISDN for nigh-on two years now. Respect where's it due. All that being said, I might have different requirements to other people. A gamer I ain't. :)

adam

Advertisement