Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade or not to upgrade that is the question

• 12-06-2003 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

well actually the question is how much money you have...

anyway. this is the system I have now
    Dell L600cx (3 years old) originally a celeron processor upgraded to a pentium III 1Ghz
    Intel 810e, no AGP graphics on board, disable this and have a 16MB Nvidia TNT2
    256MB pc100 + 65MB pc133
    Hard disk 30GB (3 partitions 7 + 16 + 4 (linux))

OS win2000 sp3 / Mandrake9.1

I use it mainly for a bit of java programming, some games and the web, but the graphics card is what is letting the system down...

I was looking at prices for a decent PCI graphics card and they are very rare and expensive compared with the AGP ones... should I just scrap the system alltogether,and get a new one?

Should I just bite the bullet and pay the price for a PCI graphics card?

ah, decisions, decisions... life is full of them....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Bite the bullet! Check out Komplett.ie prices for urself ,now is the best time to buy computer components Ram + cpu(AMD) prices have hit rock bottom!Maybe add a AGP 8x radeon to the package and u got urself a sweet machine.

Check out me thread from a couple of weeks ago!
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98042

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭Kavs

Sh**e that should read don't bite the bullet and upgrade!:)

Advertisement