Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Jam Vendetta

Options
  • 12-06-2003 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Got this last week and found it to be a decent fighting game (for 1st hour). Great fun in 2 player but as i got into it i found it has 2 strange things

1 Even tho its a wrasslin game it has a very good fighting system with blocks and moves that are so easy to pull off unlike other games that made me like it,

2 it has the most insane flaw i have ever seen in any fighting game ever made which makes me hate it. When playing with any character if you try to start and attack and actually hit your opponent with the 2 or 3 punche attack move it actually leaves you open for all sorts of pain. Rather than knocjing him back so you can unleash pain it leaves in a pasued state and on medium or hard it usually ends with you hitting the ground fast.

The fighting in it with blocking and the ease of pulling of moves make it great fun for a few hours specially in 2 player but that insane bug means your frustrated with it but not because someone got you with a better move or did somfin mad but because of the stoopid bug.

I know it got slammed in all reviews but its quite fun if you can overcome that insane bug.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

the combat system feels chunky and there aren't enough moves. The blocking system on smackdown (the newest one) is better. But def Jam has better storyline, graphics and soundtrack, it's very easy 'cept D-mob i fought him 3 times and then one, I was raging, cos i thought i was good! it has made me say words like sup G, wat up wanksta etc.- i sound cooler that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭public_enemy

i had a quick look at the game and to me it seemed that the moves and the general combat system were all more or less the same as wwf wrestlemania 2000 and wwf no mercy on the n64, which is extremely odd...

Advertisement