Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

psu's?

• 12-06-2003 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

ok ive finally pieced together my ultimate machine ( :) ) however im not sure about a psu - at the moment i have a 400w q-tec psu. can anyone give me an idea as to what power psu id need and where i could get it? and not 2 expensive....

heres the spec:
    asus a7n8x deluxe
    amd athlon xp 2600+
    768 mb ram pc2700
    1x80gb hdd and 1x30gb hdd
    3d blaster geforce fx 5900 ultra 256mb
    dvd drive
    cd-rw drive
    floppy drive
    thermaltake xaser III 1000c - (7 fans, 80x80x25)
    *im not running all of this under the said psu, this stuff has yet 2 arrive...
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 378 ✭✭hulhi

try thermaltake
    http://thermaltake.com/products/PurepowerMenu.htm
    i would personally get 480w one, they are designed specifically for your case,
    but your PSU is good enough, i've used to run dual cpu system with GeForce ti4600 with 5 scsi HDDs on 230w enlight PSU,
    (!!wow, how did i do that!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

yea...i was thinkin of goin up to a 550w q-tec. mainly because i thought q-tec were kind of well...bad. well thats what ive heard.

Advertisement