Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend-o-game

Options
  • 12-06-2003 1:12pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm off to America really soon and want to know if anyone could recommend some games to get while I'm over there. I like RPG's so thats what i'll be looking for. On my shopping list already are:

Grandia Xtreme
    Suikoden 3
    Xenosaga

I'll probably only be getting 1 more due to lack of funds. I won't be getting Unlimited Saga since it's got some bad reviews.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Planescape:Torment- Incredibaly engrossing story, great fun all round.

Baldurs Gate 1+2- *fap*

Neverwinter Nights- Personally I prefered the BG series but its still well worth a look.

Serious Sam Gold- Good if you fancy some cheap fragging.

Startopia- Neat little RTS centred around the management of a space station.

Deus Ex- As if you didnt have it already.

Warcraft III- Best RTS out there atm in my opinion, Frozen Throne (expansion) looking rather sexual also.

Fallout 1+2- Generally held in very high regard by most RPGers, you can pick them up dirt cheap, have a gander for them.

Freespace 1+2- Just buy them.

Eternal Darkness- G'wan teh zombehs.

Metroid Prime- Great craic, you likely have it already.

Final Fantasy- Not my cup of figs but very good apparently.

Morrowind- Alternative to NWN (Thats not to say you shouldnt get both however), its...different anyway. A beast of a machine would be handy if you plan on running it without inducing heart attacks of rage however.

Anachronox- From Ion Storm, not as good as Deus Ex but worth the play anyway.

Crimson Skies- Microsoft made jolly old pirates of the air scenario. Fun and cheap.

Battlefield 1942- Couple of scraps in WWII.

Thats all I can think of for now, have a figtastic holiday in the Americas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is soul Caliber 2 out for GC there yet?

Is so get it for me please :D

kdjac

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

played anachronox already and almost died of boredom. I'm more into Crazy Japanese RPG's. Might give Soul Caliber some thought. Anything else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Dark chronicle on ps2 is subbosed to be brilliant, and isnt skies of arcadia legends coming out on GC too? Ive heard good things about it.
    im off to L.A in a few weeks too..if only i had my consoles chipped and could therefore run import games...dang!!

Advertisement