Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sla Rpg - Game Turns

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Gaunt

I'ld love a drink too if you wouldn't mind me tagging along. I think it would be a good idea to get to know each other a little before we have to work together. I'll take you up on that offer of a lift too.

Pity we have so little time. A bit of group training would be the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I think I'd better post the next game turn anyway feel free to continue the conversation in the Pit for as long as you want but if i run it in real time we'll be here for a while before i can post the next game turn

[Game Turn 5]

[see the pit thread for conversation prior to 2am]

The night Draws to a close and at 2am the pit closes and you stumble home content in the fact that hey you still don't like or trust your squad fully yet but at least you've tried to play ball and act civilised.

When you get home there is a fax waiting for you in the Fax machine its from SLA and it details plans for the Military ship "the sulako"

[ok ok its a blatant rip off from Aliens i admit so sue me]

The sulako is the ship that will be taking you to and from the space station. better study this since you'll be spending most of your time there.

There is a detailed section at the bottom saying that the plans for the space station will be sent ahead of you and will be waiting for you on arrival at the station

Attached files for shuttle
    the details for the sulako are outlined below:
    [excuse the lack of imagination i only had about 5 mins to do this]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Waking early, no worse the wear from the nights drinking session, Squall preps all his equipment carefully checking every square inch of the weapons that have been his life

He straps on his body armor, Slides the powersword into its holster on his back, holsters his FEN 603 pistol at his side, checks the gash fishes one more time, picks up his shotgun, slings it over his shoulder and stands by the window watching the lights of the never sleeping city of Mort.

After a moment of contemplation he turns towards the door, grabs a bag of spare ammo,walks out to his SLA bike, hops on, keys the ignition, spins the wheels and takes off at breakneck speed towards the rendezvous point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Zmek's eyes snapped open at a tiny change of pitch in the air conditioning. Time.

Squatting in the corner of the apartment he slowly rose, slow stretches building into the short but punishing combat exercise routine that had become second nature since his training began.

At last, standing stock still for over a minute, not breathing or blinking, turning into a pillar of shadow at the centre of the apartment's single room, then the long breath....

....at it's end a shiver, an imagined cry remembered from some other time....

Opening the refrigerator pours light into the shadows. Cracking ice into a plastic tumbler Zmek breathes the cold air then closes the door again firmly, leaving a darkness blacker than before.

Weapons are already prepared from the night before. FEN 603 loaded with standard ammo in underarm holster, FEN assault rifle...yes we will need that in the wastelands when we are ambushed...

Explosive, grenades, detonators, all ready and stowed.

Armour intact, gash fishes.......gash fishes, freshly cleaned......

'Snip' the deadly blades withdraw though the ghost of their reflection remains across Zmek's vision for several long moments.

Time.

His mind is clear and calm. The mission is beginning. Complete, get paid, move on. Flux tingles within him, exillerating, hot.

Early morning traffic bustles around the rendezvous point as he approaches. Catching sight of the tall Shaktar as he dismounts from his SLA bike, Zmek coasts gently to park beside him and looks up from behind mirrored shades, baring his teeth in a half smile, half grimace expression "So are you ready to lead your first mission Shaktar?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

With what seemed to Spirit in afterthought as being far too short a pause to settle her mind, exuding pure natural instinct she leaps from a height hundreds of times her size, her entire being tethered by less than a piece of thread. Spirit watches with exhillaration. The booming regular ticks of time seem now to slow; the approaching ground, which had seemed desperate to claim her, all of a sudden seemed yet so far away. Freefall slowed, senses primed she stretches out her hairy legs, minature muscles reading in preparation. An anxious few moments pass as the tether tenses, and then swinging her mass towards the wall .. impact... a perfect landing.

Releasing her tether, she scurries rapidly accross the short distance to her target, still under the miserable apprehension that it shall survive. Her targets flailing still appearing in slow motion, time suspended. Prey undeserving of life, Spirit thinks to herself. The prey was careless, allowed its attention to slip, and was now entangled in her trap. This was the nature of the hunt, the weaker of the species would always be succeptible to attack. It was as nature would want, it was as nature required.

A final few excited strides. Gaping her mouth opens in anticipation, minor squirts of saliva fall to the ground and are forgotten. This is it, days of preparation have paid off. Muscles contract, and the taste of the warm, juicy innards fills her mouth, a foretaste of what's to come. The prey's flailing begins to slow, the poison setting in. She wouldn't eat him right now Spirit thought, probably best to save him for later when her reserves were low. It could be a long few days before she was once again endowed with such a gift.

The near silence is shattered by the excruciatingly loud clang of a bell. Booming ticks pound her ears, becoming more regular. Spirit shakes her head, returning in a rush. She glances accross at the clock. It is time.

Standing from the prone position on the floor of the apartment, Spirit collects her equipment from where it waited, carefully placed by her side. A quick stretch to relax her muscles as well as her mind. One final glance around the apartment assures her she has not forgotten anything. She looks once again towards the web, the host of the nights lesson in brute efficiency. Visualising the multifaceted eyes staring back at her she intones, "You take care of this place until I get back right?". Leaving without a reply, Spirit departs, the bright light of the new day dazzling her. A quick slam of the door and she has gone. The spider's world shakes as turbulance created by the slamming door grips a momentary hold on the web, interrupting her deadly caretaking.

Spirit if she had known might have thought it inconsiderate, but for now her mind was focussed on the mission, it would answer alot of questions about each member of the squad, about the squad as a whole. Turning the key, Spirit guns the engine, and pulls into the light traffic her mind nervously going over various scenarios. For this mission they would be the prey.

• Advertisement

Gaunt opens his eyes. The ceiling is webbed with cracks and stained from the damp. He's still groggy: Too long reflecting on the previous night. Overall things seemed on the up and up. His new team had its weaknesses but nothing serious and nothing a little time and combat experience together wouldn't fix.

One cold shower later and he checks and preps his weapons in the garish neon pink light of the billboards across the street:
    *2 9mm uzis with attached scilencers loaded with hp ammunition.
    More clips of hp and std set beside them.
    *FEN AR assault rifle with HEAP ammunition. Again std and more
    HEAP are put beside it.
    *MAC knife, the last resort weapon, dulled with ash.

He straps on his armour with an efficiency born of practice. The helmet with built in com system he leaves till last.

He puts his Uzis and corresponding ammunition into his specially altered jacket. They would be secure and easily reachable there while the jacket would cover his armour allowing him to blend in with non-coms. The rifle is slung over his shoulder as he picks up his keys and leaves the apartment. The lifts haven't worked since before his arrival so he takes the stairs. they're slick with damp and slime. Homeless people huddle between flights sometimes stirring as he passes. Even with his training Gaunt can hardly distinguish between them and the rubbish. The movement he sees could be rats for all he knew. he decided to find another apartment, one that was cleaner at least.

He drives smoothly and methodically. Allready adrenaline seems to be making his senses sharper, more precise. He was confident.
    The mission would be a success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

As tanks eyes snap open in the early morning light, the memories of last's nights gathering in the pit still linger in tanks mind. can he really trust this squad not to turn on itself if the sh*t really go too deep on that station. The shaktar defianly he could trust there honor code forbids anything else. both humans the stormer has decided he likes as they made him laugh and they seem to be reliable if it came to combat, the ebon well tank likes ebons there always nice to him and that leaves the two brain wasters. the ? in the equation under all that hatred and malace tank knows there are two SLA operatives in there somewhere for now not trust exactly but a mutual respect

"well who knows how operatives will react understress only one way to find out i guess" tank mutters to himself

as tank quickly dresses and gears up last nights alcholic binge already soaked up and broken sown by a stormers fast metabolic rate mind focused and prepared for the task at hand. breifly tank again checks his weapons already prepared from the night before oiled and checked

tank takes the FEN 603 with Standard ammo (leaving the first round not in the chamber) and spare HEAP and STD clips

The 10-10 automatic shotgun with solid slug and scatter ammo

and both gash fists which he puts on immediatly along with the full armour, ID badges and coms

Tank slings the shotgun into the holster over his right shoulder with the but of the shotgun above his right shoulder tank locks up his Apt and goes to his garage get on his SLA issued Military bike and after a few breif revs. tears off down the street to Morts Spaceport......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭FlashBang

*arrives at the rondevous point with his equipment*

"mornin team!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

the sound of tires quealing echos from arround the block as Tal'Einea takes the last corner on the approach to the air base.

She pops and blows ******* in her caffineatd gum while waiting for the guard to quit staring at her and her id tags.

Hand breaking the car into the parking spot she gets out and grins at the rest of the crew members.

Sorry in the delay been a hetic week and im just outta hospital but here is a slightly delayed turn 6:

[Game turn 6]

As you enter the busy space port of MORT city it is best described and
    chaos in its most concentrated form. A mass hussle and bustle of people
    rushing and ziping around the muitl level complex rushing to catch
    flights. As you all meet at the pre arranged rendzous point. A man in a
    sharp black suit meets you and intruduces himself as "the G man" his
    assosiate to his left looks to be a scientest of sorts a tall stringy man
    wearing a lab coat and glases he's a human and introduces himself as
    "eric raynes" a SCL10A scientest from the aroura space station he'll be you
    guide and aid while on the space station.

As you board the ship that will take you to the space station you are
    asked to pick a location where you will be on the ship going to the
    station (see map in previous game turn)

Dr Raynes informs you all that if you have any questions regarding the
    station he'll be glad to assit you in any way he can

The G man says he'll be waiting for you on a private runway once you
    have the target package back on mort it shouldnt take you more than a day
    to get there and back. with that his celluar phone rings and he walks
    off the busniess arrangment already forgotten about. with that you all
    look at each other and begin to board the ship.......

It will take a game turn to get there in the ship (you can use the Coms
    channel to let players and the DM know if you will be moving between
    decks and if you find anything on partol)

please let me know which section of the ship your in (i cant STRESS
    this enough its important)

• Advertisement

Squall listens intently to the G mans briefing then readies himself for his first mission as squad leader

“Alright squad listen up”

“Tank, Steiner and Gaunt take passenger Area 1, watch the other passengers closely and stick close to the stairs and elevators.”

“Tal’eania and Zmek you watch passenger Area 2. I assume this off limits area*points to the highlighted area on the ships map* is the cockpit, watch anyone who enters, and beware of any attempt to hijack the ship. If you feel the need, patrol the engine room and cargo bay 2, but I leave that up to you”

“Spirit your with me, well be patrolling between both areas”

“Stay frosty squad, watch all exits and maintain open coms at all times”

“assemble”

*His orders given, Squall boards the ship*

*He thinks to himself* "Now to see if theyre obeyed”

"roger that, taking position"

*waves to gaunt and tank*
    *enters the ship and moves to the passenger area 1*

*moves into the corner of the area observing the two connections to the SLA marine facility*

*searches for cover in his vicinity*
    *grabs his rifle and readies it, barrel pointing to the floor*

Comm: "This is Steiner, I'm in position"

*starts checking the passengers*

Zmek peers distainfully at the passengers as they embark whilst listening to Squall's orders. After a moment he looks over at Tali. "My my....take things very seriously those Shaktars..."

Then over the comms link "who's looking after the geek Squall? I don't like humans in white coats...couldn't they get him to wear something a little less conspicuous?...and I don't like the idea of him getting lost before we've collected our cargo"

He takes his time embarking, paying careful attention to the air lock door, peering at it and tapping gently with a gloved finger. Entering passenger area 2 Zmek walks slowly towards the off limites area, cocking his head as if listening, then back towards the glass link corridor.

He stops to look down the corridor, standing with his back to the compartment which is rapidly filling with passengers.

He takes one step into the corridor then stops. Looking all around him then steps back inside the passenger area, still looking out.

He glances over his shoulder to locate Tali, then, moves away from the corridor towards the back of the passenger compartment where he stops, standing with his back to the wall, watching the people taking their seats.

His expression is blank, assault rifle remains draped in front of him, hands folded on top.

"Zmek...in position....watching the cattle...."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Spirit watches Squall assign the squads, and a little surprised takes her place by his side.

His rifle slung over his shoulder, Gaunt moves to comply. it seemed a bit melodramatic to act so aggressively on a simple civilian transport (hijackers!). After all the package hadn't even been acquired yet. Still, no harm in precautions.

He sauntered into the first passanger area and, after seeing Steiner position himself in one corner, moved to the right of the access for the second area where he leaned against the wall. For lack of anything bettter to do with it he put his helmet on, bringing more than one brief glance from the civi's who were hurrying to get good spaces in the second area. He watched the rush till it reduced to a trickle of hopefully searching late arrivals before turning his attention to the crowded area before him.

Tal'Einea strolls long into the passenager area # 2.

She picks the point diagonaly opossite Zemkie , and lounges by the wall partially hidden by a large gentically engineered fern. She notes the Large no smoking sign besides her grins and lights up a clove ciggie.

This was all too much for a routine civilian
    transport but if Squall wanted to drill the crew that was fine by her no point in undermining him just yet anyway.

* in postition * She called back on comms.

She scanned over the humans all sitting soo patiently for thier trip to begin ,
    all of thier thoughts and emotions written oh so clearly on thier faces, maybe she's get a chance to play after all.

She replied to Zemkies comm while glancing at her nails, maybe she should change them from stormycloud blue to Clot Red nothing worse then not having time to remove the residue from her work and having it show up and mar her paint work.

* no need to take over the whole ship just cos we are on it Szmekie , beside lets just let these folk get on with their job and we will do ours. *

Tal'Einea returns to crowd watching.

Tal'Eina heads toward the off limits area that is the flight deck. She meanders through the passengers and giving them her best scarey I 'm not going to make ur head explode cos i'm busy but dont piss me off cos I just might patented number 4 smile.

Upon reaching the guards she notches it up to a number five and askes them brightly " Hey there i need to but this out," she gestures to the remains of her clove and then nods to the flightdeck " I'm just going to the smog section ". She heads past them.

*on hearing squalls voice over the comms tanks reponds:*

"rodger that squall on my way"

*tank waves back to steiner and gault and with one hand on his side arm tank moves through the crowded passenger area to the nearest corner of the room quietly observing all those that enter and leave.*

*tank coms over to his squad mates (see comms channel)*

*tank mummers* "oooo how i hate space travel"

OK guys most of the in-flight "entertainment" will be provided in the coms channel I'll post stuff in there for you all and PM you all individually if you see or hear anything suspicious. I'm not going to dwell for very long on the shuttle thing it will really only take two maybe three posts in the coms channel then you'll be at the station so here goes.

- - - - - - - - - -

[Game Turn 7]

As the airlock doors open to passenger area #1 and passenger area #2 the crew and passengers flood onto the ship. No one seems to notice 7 of the passengers amidst the rushing who carefully and surgically detach themselves from the rest of group and take up tactical positions around the shuttle.

you all are ushered into your seats by friendly cabin crew and taken through the onboard emergency landing procedures should there be any problems during take off or landing.

Within minutes the huge engines roar to life and after what seems like an age you are slowly and pushed into the air
    As the G-force kicks in you are pushed back into your seats and then *nothing* the silence of space looms as the shuttle hurtles out of morts atmosphere, the captain of the shuttle comes on the internal coms system and says that flight time to the station will be approx 16 mins. (game time)

as the Grav drive (gravity drive) kicks in you are thrown back into your seat and the seat belt sign is turned off your all free to move around the ship as you see fit

- - - - - - - - -

just one thing guys you don't have to stick to the passenger area I'll be posting bits and pieces on the coms channel as to what you see and hear and if your going to move into a different area can you let you team leader know which section your moving into (this lets me know aswell)

- - - - - - - - - -

Squeaky seats, stained carpet, annoying humans jabbering away about all the usual trivial human rubbish....come on! Let's get moving...

Zmek felt the sway of the shuttle as it swung away from the gate.

Can't see any of the squad from here....perhaps just the top of Tali's head over near the front of the cabin.

Come on seat belt sign....not sitting here for the whole trip...that human kid looks like he's going to puke....if I wanted to see the contents of its stomach I can think of at least a dozen more enjoyable ways than waiting for it to throw them all over me...come on seatbelt sign....

With a warm "ping" the sign goes off and Zmek slips from his seat to walk slowly across the rear of the cabin towards the entrance to the engine room where he stops, back to the wall, watching the other passengers casually.

Not a long enough trip for an in flight movie...pity, at least that would stop some of the mindless chatter...

Nothing to do but wait..

Zmek leans back against the wall, tucking himself into the small corner formed by the wall and a support beam and peers out at the cabin.

• Advertisement

[Game turn 7a]

The captians voice is suddenly herd over the intercom "attention ladies and gentlemen were are currently on final approach to aroura space station ETA to arrival 6 mins"

you have one final turn to do things guys anything you want to try let me know on the COMS channel

*Tank moves to Passenger area 2 with Dr Raynes keeping an eye on the wraith raiders in passenger area 1*

*Tank Coms the rest of the squad*

"In position with the target"

*Squall hears the captains announcement*

*He taps his com bead*

"Alright........." (see coms thread)

"Lets go spirit, well get in position by the walkway, i want to see these wraith raiders myself"

*He walks into passenger area 1 and positions himself on one side of the walkway where he has a clear view of all those passing through it*

*Tank hears Squalls command for the squad to regroup*

"Dr Raynes if you would be so kind as to follow me please"

*tank heads back in the direction of Passenger area 1 nodding to Squall on the way through the glass corridor*

*Tank and Dr Raynes take up position in the far corner of the room furthest from the wraith raiders*

*tank coms squall*

"in position with the package in the North east corner of the room"

Zmek remains motionless throughout the experimental move of the scientist whilst watching the passengers in area 2 for any signs of interest.

He waits for the other members of the squad to move through the glass link corridor then wanders across to a flight attendant who is moving between the rows of seats with a trolley serving refreshments, picks up a cup, and without asking fills it with ice.

Ignoring the pleasantries of the attendant he slowly moves away, holding the cup close to his lips and breathing in the cold air.

After meandering around the cabin he eventually reaches the entrance to the link corridor and stops, gazing outwards.

He takes a deep breath from the cup then a few steps out into the corridor then stops, looking down at the ground for a moment then tips a cube of ice into his mouth and crunches loudly, before starting to walk again, eyes fixed on the end of the corridor and passenger area 1.

Ignoring the other squad members he notes the location of the wrath raiders and moves to a seat close to the link corridor in a position where he can see them and sits, propping his chin on gloved knuckles and tapping the half empty cup on his teeth.

Shuffles position in PA1 so he can still overlook the exits of the marine quarters.

Game will recommence tomorrow at 12PM GMT apologies for the delay were waiting for the last player to join.

If there's anything finally you want to do on the shuttle then do it now (as the shuttle docking procedure is about to commence)

"Order acknowledged."
    Gaunt threaded his way through the passangers and running children and positioned himself by the exit, ready to be amoung the first to disembark.

ditto

• Advertisement

okey dokey folks after a long spell of waiting we'll kick the game off again

[Game turn 8]

As the Shuttle grows closer to the docking ring the Aurora Space station comes into full view from passenger Area 1. At first glance it seems to look like a Giant metal Mushroom with a large ring at the top (the docking ring) there are thousands of lights blinking on the station and all sorts of extra shuttles zipping about, on the hull of the space station there are people in space suits space walking making alterations and repairing odds and ends of the station

this sight of the space station really does take your breath away as its quite like nothing you've ever seen before.

The shuttle docks successfully with the space station as the grav drives kick in once more a docking claw extends from the station to provide a pressurized glass walkway from your ship to the station.

As the huge double doors open out into the space stations docking ring the flood of people move out onto the landing platform Dr Raynes turns to you and says "a group of scientists are awaiting your arrival please follow me"

You follow the good Dr down the landing platform into the main area of the docking ring its simply a large area (crates and the like) where people are meeting at the far end of the area are lifts to other parts of the station. At one of the lifts there are a group of scientists who greet you all you "Welcome to the Aurora Ladies and Gentlemen" says the scientist in charge.

"were sorry but were running a little behind schedule the equipment is not ready yet but if you would be so kind as to Proceed to lift 4 to which leads to the command deck the senior staff are there to explain the procedure of what is going to happen on your return Flight home."

You are about to follow Dr Raynes when the scientists call you back "one more thing i forgot to mention that while you are on the station for we have provided a team for you own safety this is a dangerous station with many experiments happening one wrong turn could be a disaster" with that the 3 wraith raiders appear at the Dr's side "this is a team of SLA Operatives that have been around the aurora station many times before they will be able to guide you around until we are ready to leave with the Equipment...Dr Raynes has a meetings to go don't you doctor" Dr Raynes looks nervously at his feet "erm yes i do gentleman i will see you all at the shuttle" says Dr Raynes

The Head Scientist turns and looks at you all again "well i can see you'll get along splendidly again there waiting for you on the command deck" and with that you are left at the entrance to lift 4 with the 3 wraith raiders..............

- - - - - - - - - - -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement