Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sla Rpg - Game Turns

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Since Zmek isnt here until next week and flashbang has left i'll take over there charachters for now i'll post seperate game turns for each.

- - - - - - -
    Jason Stiener's Game turn:

Calmly waiting with his back against the wall Jason lock and loads his weapon with Standard ammo and toggles his FEN AR assault riffel to Single shot mode. "Ok....here we go" he mutters to himself, Focusing and taking a few quick short breaths bringing his Rifel to bare Jason combat rolls towards the barricade and tries to land beside tank letting the massive wall of mussle that is tank shield him slightly. pointing his weapon down the corridor Jason fires 5 rounds down the corridor and ducks quickly back behind cover.

- - - - - -

Zmek's game turn Turn:

- - - - - -

From within the dark shadows of his hiding place Zmek hears Tali'Einea's order to engage the enemy, Zmek grins to himself, a heartless grin devoid of humor and life, "very well then let the games begin"

Zmek reaches out for Flux the very life force of the universe as the power rages through him the only single though on zmeks mind is the destruction of the insects in front of him. Concentrating on the presise mathmatical equations needed to trigger the ablilty zmek's brow a mop of sweat in concentration

- - - - - -

for the next turn Zmek needs to remain concentrated in order to activate the ability, please dont COM or disturb him!

DM HINT: in the next combat round i really wouldnt be anywhere near those guys if i were you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Spirit's heart skips a beat as she contemplates Tali'Einea's eager order, which comes (perhaps foolishly she reminds herself) as somewhat of a surprise. Zmek's grasping for the Flux is powerful enough that she too feels it beckoning. Relenting to its calling, she closes her eyes to focus on controlling the surging power screaming for her to wield it.

Combat in SLA is broken down into 4 stages (like rounds) there are 4 rounds per game turn and depending on how high your dex is will depend on how many of the rounds you can act in i will assume that you are blasting the hell (shooting) out of the enemy for all 4 combat rounds until either they or you are quite dead or you tell me your doing something different

(also SLA has a targeting system if you dont say anything i'll assume your aiming for the targets torso (body) however you can aim for arms legs and even the head but you have to tell me your going to aim for another part of the body the more spesfic you get the harder it will be to shoot at that target)

Im doing Squalls team first my next post will be Theads team.

Round one:

Tank throws the Flashbang down the corridor which takes the rushing darknight terroists by surprise totally. Only one of them manages to sheild his eyes in time from the flash. The other three stop dead in there tracks totally stunned, as the flashbang goes off the others (squall, Stiener and byuu) take turns to pop around the corner firing off shots and poping back behind cover. 2 of the standing terrorists are hit square in the chest and one of the terrorists that is diving behind cover is hit in the back leaving one uninjured but totally stunned terrorist standing in the middle of the corridor.

This time the returning Fire from the terrorists is next to nothing blind fire from the terrorist that fled into cover misses you all and actually hits the only terrorist standing up square in the back (yes he critally fumbled)

- - - - - - -

round two:

the stun lasts for 3 game turns (thats 12 comabt rounds!!!)
    this time you all come out at the same time guns blazing.....

Two of the three terrorists take most of your gunfire striaght on and are spun around like a rag dolls they both hit the ground like a sack of stones but amazingly there still alive however there in shock from bloodloss and wont really be going anywhere or doing anything for quite some time. The third is hit again in the shoulder (he still cant see where he's going so he's actually bouncing off walls trying to avoid the gun fire its quite funny to watch really) you 4th is actually crouched in a doorway you cant quite see him and he's focused enough to return fire this time. Tank gets hit 3 times once in the shoulder and twice in the leg and drops to the ground (your still alive tank and will be able to shoot back in the next round dont worry)

- - - - - - -

Round three:

So again you return fire it seems that his hiding place is well though out as most of your shots miss totally he's well dug in, Gaunt and Stiener cant act in this round as there DEX isnt high enough and tank is wounded so his shots stray off target too things are looking too good as he seems pretty dug in until byuu ducks back behind the barricade for a moment and re-emerges with what looks to be a sniper rifel takes careful aim for a full 5 seconds and fires....one solatry shot rings out and all goes quite.... with the exception of the odd BUMP from the one terrorist that is left still bouncing off walls the others are all lying dead or dying on the ground.....

- - - - - - -

End of Turn

Combat here the Same rules apply above for you guys
    Ebb abilities take a full turn to activate so you better pray that some of them miss!!

Round one:

As the power of the ebb begins to build in all of you the squad that is now behind you stops suddenly
    "too late fools" you think to yourself as the only single ebon in the terrorist group that is left begins to shout a word of warning to the rest of his squad....too late!!! you all finish your calcuations at the exact same time and and what follows puts the brain wasters in awe and the ebon in shock, you all unleash a blast of fire in pretty much the same area. what happens next is utter chaos.... the explosion rocks the whole cargo bay and drums of chemical and bio-hazzordous waste are ripped apart when they come into contact with the wave of ebb that spreads out through the whole cargo bay, crates and boxes are picked up and thrown about as if a giant gone mad were rampaging through the cargo bay, and your all thrown to the floor...... one of the terrorists is ripped limb from limb and burned to ash instantly. and the others all take 2nd degree burns and are thrown in a random direction and are stunned for the next comabt round.

- - - - - -

I think that pretty much ends combat for now as you were all pretty much stunned and have no idea if there is anything even left of the other squad you saw. As you cant see them anywhere. there are boxes upturned and lying just about everwhere and i think your main worry is to get the hell outta here first, from where you are you can just about see the emegerncy stairs leading up to the next level but there is no sign of the terrorists and the way to the emergency docking ring is blocked off totally you cant reach it at all. your COMS system is pretty messed up too your not sure if its still working or not!!!

End of Turn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

in the aftermath of the quakes that ripple throughout the station tank picks himself up still weak from the blood lost from his wounds the scars even now fading away as his bio regeneration completes all of his healing

"What the hell was that?" asks tank "it felt like it came from beneath us"

*TANK COMS THEAD [See Coms Thread]

*Tank walks over to the captured Ebon, and right in front of him cracks his knuckels! leans over and comes face to face noses touching, Drooling saliva from his mouth, tanks face twisted with rage "you shot me" tank says to the ebon,

*tank turns to squall making sure the ebon can see him and winks

Tank says to squall "So can i eat his heart now cos if he doesnt have any valuable information he's usless to us right?"

*tank looks back at the ebon grins evily and licks his lips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Byuu, with rifle in hand, slowly brings the laser-sight up along to the wall to the ceiling.

"What the **** is that!"

The corridor still a dimly lit red, Byuu, without hesitation, fires a few rounds randomly into the dark corner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

*Squall coms Tal'Eania*(Coms thread)

"Alright people our jobs not over yet stay frosty"

*Squall joins Tank by the captured Ebon adding his own considerable size to the equation and leaving the ebon looking even more petrified*

"Ebon heart ehhh.....heard its nice pan fried with a bit of lemon and a glass of white"

"Alright "friend" your going to tell me all you know about this package, why you want it and who sent you or i break out the ciannti, we clear" *Grins evily at the ebon showing rows of Shaktar teeth*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tali'Einea , shivers as the last of the flux leaves her body like a lover leaving her feeling empty . The smell of charred flesh is as pleasing to her as freshly baked bread to a human, she gets to her feet, turns to see Szemkie on the other side of what was the walk way and winks at him.

She goes to look for Spirit and to ensure that the rest of the targets are decidedly dead by placing a bullet in thier brain; no one gets up after she knocks them down.

Once that is done she will get the other two out of here, via the stairwells.

She tilts her head to oneside as the comms crackes but she cant seem to hear who is on the other end. But the comms can wait until they are collected the bodies counted and they are on they way out of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Zmek's breath wheezed slightly as he exhaled a long quivering breath. Star fields burst across his vision and a vice like pain gripped his temples.

As his vision slowly cleared his eyes fixed upon the blackened shape of a human curled on the floor in the middle of the space blasted clear in the cargo bay where boxes and cartons had so recently been piled. Empty eye sockets spewed slowly twisting fronds of acrid smoke and shrivelled flesh exposed white teeth thrown wide in a final gasp of agony.

Licking dry lips Zmek stared in through the charred and tattered remains of a dully coloured flight suit, a stubby arm ending where a hand ought to be as if reaching for a side arm but unable to grasp it. Much of the human's side too was missing and the left leg hung tentatively to its former location although thrown high and wide by what must have been the detonation of magazine or grenade concealed in a now dissintegrated belt pouch.

"Left handed...." He mouthed the words soundlessly, fascinated for a moment by the realisation of the insignificant fact about the cinder covered victim. He pointed weakly towards the remains, looking up with a slight smile towards where he remembered Tali to be. He saw her wink back at him as he became aware of the whistle and crack of the comms in his earpiece. There were broken words but he couldn't tell what they said.

Tali is moving around methodically dispatching the other members of the enemy team. One was turning over slowly as she approached, half of his face remaining on the floor as he lifts his head from a slowly spreading pool of yellowish liquid seeping from an overturned drum at his side. With the flat crack of the side arm's discharge his face returns to the pool causing a small splash, not moving again.

Searching across the wreckage Zmek looks for the wounded ebon but it seems too late to have any fun with this one. Dark streams of blood seep from the nose and mouth and the head lies at an un-natural angle down upon the chest. Zmek extends righ hand gash fishes and reaches forward to press an index finger blade against the forehead of the dieing ebon. Pushing the head back to lift the unseeing eyes towards him he slowly traces down the side of the ebon's face, with the gash fish blade, watching the flesh peel back from the bone. Seeing no reaction from the mortally wounded victim he quickly loses interest. "Shame" he says and absently slices the ebon's throat to the spine before wiping blood from his gauntleted hand and moving to join Tali where she surveys her own handy work

"Well....now what? I can't hear the other team any more can you? and the emergency docking ring looks like it's off limits now..."

• Advertisement

Tali"Einea watches death over take the last of the terrorists, upon hearing the
    rattle of Szemkie voice she turns to wards him her FEN pistols still drawn.

" So how long for all this Goops goes up? "
    she turns and gesutres to the puddles of spilled chems forming arround them.
    " guess we should search for the ebon we were babysitting" She turns and calls out her voice ringing out about against the shierking shirens and eachoing in the empty ceiling of the werehouse;
    " Spirit, oh Spirit, come out come out where ever you are, the bad people are all Gooooooooooonnnnnnnnnne ."

Tali grins at Szmekie and adds in a quieter tone " well those that dont know your name anyway. "

While waiting She surveys the damge ,
    " well we surely have secured the emerency docking ring no one is getting in or out of there. " she chuckles.
    " right lets have a quick peek at where the Ebon was last seen and then head to the stairs back up out of here and see if we get a better comms signal . "

by the way if you know anyone interested in playing SLA at the mo they can always take over jason's charachter until we finish then i can Generate a new charachter for them for your next mission.

- - - - -
    Jason Stiener's game turn:

After a breif sweep of the perimeter to ensure there are no more *hidden Surprises* waiting, Jason reloads his weapons and saftey's the gun. Holstering his weapon he turns to squall and says "if you dont mind im a bit sqmeeish so i'll go and guard the door in case any local security tries to come in when they start to hear the ebon screaming!"

Jason takes up a stationary position just outside the door on the other side of whats left of the tattered ruins of the baracade with his back turned to the room and starts to hum a tune to himself making sure the ebon can hear him.

after breifly scanning the area around him Jason thinks to himself "funny they must have been using something else to blow the baracade there's no blast make from the grenade no secondary scorch marks and no shrapnel what ever destroyed the barrier wasnt a grenade"

- - - - -

Awakening with a strange voice calling her name, Spirit slowly raises her head, an action rewarded with a sharp stabbing pain. Carefully dislodging some debris which had been covering her lower body, she rises gingerly and looks about.

Spotting the other two, she makes her way over, "Looks like someone got a bit carried away..." she intones shaking white powder from her hair.

"Looks like someone got a bit carried away..."

"Yes, you....in a little ebon dream world"

Zmek looks down at the pattern of dust, dislodged from Spirit's hair and now arrayed across his trousers and boots. Rolling his eyes he tuts and turns away, shaking his head and begins the slow climb up the stairs.

*Squall finishes his respnse to the other team and returns to tanks side by the ebon*

"Alright Ebon your going to answer my questions and your going to answer them fast. Everytime i feel your leaving anything out or taking too long my stormer friend here*motions to the grinning tank* will rip one of your limbs off. oh and if I even think your going to use Ebb *Squall raises his massive arm and a gash fish extends from his gauntlet with a smooth clink* the last sight youll see is your own guts spilling across this deck.

"Got that? Good"

"Now. How many of you were there?"

"What do you know of the package and why do you want it?"

"Whos waiting in the bio labs?"

Again the game turns are broken down as team 1 being the ebb users and team 2 Squall and the lads
    Gaunt if there's anything else you want to do then let me know and i'll write it into the next game turn as we've all agreed that a minimum of one game turn a day is good if that's a little tough for you to do let me know and I'm sure we can arrange something else.

Game turn 10

- - - - -
    Team 1's game turn:

Out of the 5 terrorists that you attacked one was turned to ash 3 Tali"Einea has (cough) disposed of so that leaves 1 terrorist still unaccounted for that you attacked, there appears to be no sign of him.

As your team makes its way back to up through the sub levels very little conversation is struck up between team members Tali'Einea is busy on the COMS with Squall Spirit is her bright chirpy usual self taking in the sights and sounds of the station that leaves zmek brooding to himself thoughts swirling around inside you begin to wonder what did in fact happen to the security team that was despatched down here "probably murdered the useless humans" you think to yourself never send a boy to do a wasters job you think to yourself,

your currently on sub level (a) the med labs the next level up is the Bio labs the lift that you enter creeks slightly you can hear Squalls voice crackle on the COMS again asking for the squad to regroup, your hand hovers momentarily over the touch panel your curiosity getting the better of you. what's so special about the Bio labs? why were the terrorists going there? what do they need there that's so special and are there more of them there now? so many questions!

you thoughts are interrupted again by squall asking for your position you press the button for the living quarters which is where your meeting Squall and the rest of the team. "next time you wont be so lucky Darknight scum"

As you enter the living quarters level it is a series of rooms interconnected together via corridors there's a main communal hall in the centre where you assume where all the food is cooked and eaten and base personal can relax in this room is where you see most of the science team gathering to be Evac'ed by you, Squall and the rest of team 2 are there aswell and an ebon male tied to a chair with tank looming over him drooling on him, you don't sense anything in the ebon he's not trying to reach for the power of the ebb anyway. he looks scared 5h*tless.......

[End of Turn]

- - - - - -

Team 2's game turn:

You move out as there isn't any point really hanging on here your all going to meet in the living quarters as this is where the rest of the science team are meeting with Dr Raynes in order to be safely Evac'ed to the transport ship. you all arrive safely at the living quarters deck and Dr Raynes and your team are the only ones there, you make the ebon sit down on a chair and tank starts to loom over the ebon again drooling on him. there is a look of fear in the ebons face and he looks from the Shaktar to the stormer again and starts to beg for his life "ok ok i'll tell you anything you want to know but please do let him get me" *points to tank*.

in answer to your questions:

a)

there are 12 of us in total we were broken down into 3 teams
    team 1 was the 4 of us and we went after the package

team 2 was a 5 man squad they were in reserve they were there only in case of an emergency and they were stationed in the cargo bay i dont know whats happened to them.

team 3 the remaining 3 were the 3 strongest ebons were left behind on the stealth ship our squad leaders in case things got all screwed up they said they can handle it if things got messy once your team reached the docking ring.

----

b)

Our intel shows that the package is used to control and focus the ebon mind. In essence it amplifies the ability for an ebon to channel ebb basically it enables an ebon channel more ebb than would normally be possible. but its too strong for just one ebon or brain waster to use on his own, you need high level ebons to be able to use it, we were simply going to kill the science crew and sell it on the black market to the highest bidder,

----

c) the Bio labs is our rendezvous point should things go haywire the surviving members would regroup and make a last ditch effort to grab the package and if we still couldn't get it then we were to meet back at the stealth ship and abort the mission.

----

"a simple snatch and grab mission for us which turned into a nightmare when you SLA OP's showed up." says the Darknight terrorist

the other science team members are gathering and in a few moments you see Tali'Einea and the rest of the team enter through the south corridor......

[End of Turn]

so what to do go for the BIO labs? or get the scientists out? its your choice I'm in work till 6 tonight if you all post your game turns before 6 i'll post game turn 11 at 6pm when i finish work

Zmek walks slowly towards the group, taking time to look around and take in the position of doors, potential hiding places and escape routes as he moves. At last he arrives where Tank is looming over the frightened ebon.

"Squealling like an ebon pig" he spits at the prisoner "you pitiful little creature, do you really think spilling your guts to the stormer and the shaktar will save your wretched hide?"

He brings his face close to the ebon's, staring deep into the frightened eyes "They'll just kill you if you don't tell them what they want.....I won't.....not until I've taken apart your puny ebon body piece by piece while you watch"

Casually taking a few steps away from the ebon and holstering his side arm, Zmek places his hands on his hips and talks to no-one in particular "well isn't this nice? a stealth ship full of high level ebons on the outside, at least one run away terrorist on the inside, none existant security, a crumbling space station and now we can't channel because we're carrying some sort of ebb amplifier around with us....today just gets better and better!"

"Next someone will tell me that I have to sit next to the ebon on the trip back to Mort or something..."

He sighs loudly then turns quickly, drawing his FEN and pointing it directly between the eyes of the captive ebon. A long second passes before he turns away and re-holsters the weapon "Just kidding!" he says lightly and stalks off across the room "anything to lighten the moment..."

He looks over towards where Squall is standing "I'd imagine the one enemy not yet accounted for will stick to the original plan and probably head for the bio-labs for a rendezvous, perhaps someone should go and neutralise that threat..."

"I think it's time we found out what the station commander is doing about this little incident. At least we should know where he is and what he's doing in case he's in league with these scum"

"From the station layout unless theres another way around well have to go through those labs"

"Byuu, think you could do a little scouting for us. See if theyve got a suprise waiting for us there?"

"Theres two entrances one on either side. If no one has a better idea i say one group takes the east corridor and engages any hostiles. Another group takes the scientists through the West corridor a few minutes later. That way the group with the scientists might be able to slipp through in the chaos"

"Anyone else got a suggestion?"

"I suggest we dispose of the ebon now. It's told us all it's going to and it could give us a way in an instant...in fact it might have already done so..."

"I'll do it for you if you're squeamish"

Zmek walks casually behind the ebon's chair and extends his gash fishes.

"Compassion has no place in our survival plans."

• Advertisement

" No , no let me play with him first, "
    Tali'einea stalks to wards the ebon and pulls a long slender stilleto out of her boot it ends in two wikced looking hooks.

" so the packages is safe , wonderfull now
    do I have time to play before finishing off the crew of the stealth ship "

She licks her tounge along the edge of the blade drawing blood and savouring the taste.

" oh we need a new route to the ship, cos
    we cant go throught the cargo bay " She grins " but then again neither can they"

Can i just point out its the docking ring your team is meeting the science crew at the emegerncy docking ring is now inaccessible.
    also your currently on the living quarters level.

With a little effort tank hauls the unconsious Ebon onto his shoulder, his leg and shoulder still stiff and aching from the gunshot wounds.

tank turns to zmek "dont worry the second i feel the darknight scum will betray us or will give away our position or will give us any hassle at all i'll snap his kneck"

"i would like to try to think of myself as a fair creature with some compasion but i have no time or patience for darknight, dont worry zmek my shoulder still hurts you know, i could get weak in the arms an accidently drop the ebon...............down a lift shaft. "

Stiener's game turn:

- - - - -

Jason looks in gaunts's direction and waits for Squall's signal to move out taking position at the west corridor Shotgun in hand at the ready.

- - - -

Squall takes his team and heads towards the east corridor.

"Keep an eye out they know were coming"

*After a few minutes when the team is nearing the corridor Squall signals the other team to move out*

Zmek watches Tank heft the ebon, swiping his boot at the creature's swinging arms them mimicks "talky talky" motions with his hands while Squall dispenses his orders "yeah yeah yeah....very honourable....".

Despite the apparant insubbordination he waits quietly while the othr group leave then moves out on the signal from Squall "how is it that old human children's song goes? Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go....something like that..."

"Do we have a plan here or are we just waiting to see what happens?"

He draws his FEN and yawns.

• Advertisement

Moving out with Squall's team heading to the east corridor.

"This ebon may have a use yet", he suggests to the team leader, "Send him ahead of our group with me, entering the bio labs I can hang back and allows him to flush out that waiting ebon if there is any."

"I could snipe the awaiting ebon prior to any attack."

Byuu runs to the front of the group. "I shall scout ahead either way, I will keep radio silence until an enemy sighted."

Although a little uneasy with all this 'the ebon' talk, Spirit quells the feeling and takes her place with Squalls team as they move out, her insides slowly returning to normal as the last traces of being a conduit for ebb recede.

I've send Byuu a scout report now of what he finds in the BIO labs

in the interest of fair play as none of you have played SLA before i will give you one peice i advise i wouldnt suggest COMS's byuu just yet as if there are any terrorists in there they will hear his COMS system go off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Gaunt

Gaunt sighed as he heard Zmek's arrogant reply before reloading hisweapons. The half used clips went into his pocket as he accompanied the scientists down the West corridor.

Tali'Einea had already reloaded her FENs and has them holstered on her hip as she walks along herding the scientists with her Katana, using it like a broom to herd chickens.

• Advertisement

Team for this game turn are broken down into the following,

Team 1

Squall
    Tank
    Zmek
    Spirit

Team 2

Tali
    Gaunt
    Stiener
    and 3 Scientists

- - - - - - - - - -

[Game turn 11]

Team 1's game turn:

As you approach from the East corridor the BIO Labs streatch out
    before you a vast complex of interconnecting Labs through Glass
    tunnels making you feel like a rat running through a maze trying
    to find cheese. As you approcah the first lab you see an
    emegerency exit door close just to your right there are plenty of
    people still around a few station guards and science personal but
    you wonder why any of them would use the emergency stairwell,
    You see Byuu waiting in front of you paiently and give you his
    report "it seems the lab is clean" he says. as you enter the labs
    you are given some funny looks by the remaining science teams pottering around the labs in there lab coats, your about half way
    through the BIO labs when you come accross a destered Lab down a small glass corridor there looks like the remains of a camp here some personal effects a torn cloak and a weapons matenance kit and some food lying about. the cloak has a darknight ensigna on it,

immediatly squall draws his weapon as with his acqute sence of smell he picks up the smell of death in the air....well blood to be more precice. on a sreach of the area you find two dead bodies science crew with there SCL Badges missing. you continue on through to the middle of the BIO labs where the lifts are.

You enter the area with the lifts and all the lights
    are out, something flashes by you as you just about see two dark shapes moving towards the lifts there isnt much point trying to fire as there in the lift and gone (going up....)
    that leaves only one lift left for you and your team as you wait
    to see where the lift stops team 2 emerge from a side corridor as
    they reach you the lift stops.......... at the docking ring

(i believe at this point the dramatic music would start)

BOM BOM BOM!!!!!!

- - - - - - -

TEAM 2's game turn:

You approach from the west. again you enter the BIO labs a
    complex maze of tunnels and labs laden with people in white coats and assistants running around carrying bottles of stargne
    coloured liquids, the first lab you enter you are immediatly
    started at by the science teams but not a word is spoken to you
    or a protest raised. Tal' Einea's motion tracker is teeming with
    signals mulitple traces in every direction, The bIO labs are
    where most of the science crew are based so tracking anything in
    the labs with the motion tracker will be most difficult as there
    is movment all over the place

you are about past your 3rd lab when you notice a smaller lab
    down a glass corridor! you enter the small lab and notice that
    there is a small camp here there's food laid out. a weapons
    maintaice kits and cloaks which have the darknight ensigna!
    as you all enter the lab there is a burst of movment from the
    left as two shapes move towards the door and out into the main

labs, weapons drawn in hot persuit you follow the suspects down a large glass corridor into another large labs where you loose site of them, your motion tracker is still a blurr of motion so its difficult to tell which direction they might have gone. you start to move out and do a full sweep of the sorrounding area

"they cant have gone far" thinks Steiner to himself shotgun griped at the hilt. you are near enough the rendvouz point for team 1, which is the center of the labs where the lifts are.
    as you emerge from a side corridor into a main loading area by the looks of it there are two cargo freight lifts (not your standard 2X4 lifts). team 1 are standing looking at one of the lifts which appears already to have left while the other is still one this floor you approach team 1 and the base of the lift........

[End of Turn]

- - - - - - - - -

...following on from the comms channel / player's chatroom....

In the weeks to come when the surviving members of the squad looked back upon the moment Squall gave Zmek the go ahead to carry out his plan they often found it hard to describe the look on the Brain Waster's face. Perhaps the closest anyone got was to describe it as a sort of "black light" in his eyes.

Almost transluscent teeth showed between thin lips in a joyless smile. Eyes, blacker than the darkest space between the stars caught no reflection, instead almost seeming to darken the already dim lighting in the corridor as Zmek nodded slowly at the Shaktar.

"Oh yes.....causing a fuss is what I do best"

He glanced around the area for a moment, remembering the layout of the labs they had come through a few moments earlier.

"Get everyone into the elevator, I'll set a few things off that will make these people want to evacuate pretty quickly. I'll be back here before that happens then we'll travel up to the docking ring with the crowd as they go. That should provide plenty of cover at any rate" He turns to Squall "you and the wraith raider should comm the station commander when things start and make sure he understands there is a major event happening down here and he needs to make all haste at evacuation....I'll make a mess but I'm not going to blow the place apart, don't worry....just be ready to go when I get back."

With that he turns away and dissapears back down the corridor from which they emerged a few short minutes ago.

More time passes. No sight or sign. People continue to move around about their business, there seems to be a sense of anxiety about the place but no one is panicing.

Some time later Zmek re-emerges from the corridor. He looks calm. Very calm, almost happy as he walks briskly but without haste towards the elevator.

A few paces away he walks clumsily into a member of the scientific staff, a young human male who was hurrying across the hallway towards the corridor from which Zmek just emerged.

"Oh dear" Zmek says loudly, smiling broadly at the human "I am so sorry, how clumsy of me. I really must apologise" the human is clearly embarrassed and trying to get away from the brain waster who towers over him and has clasped him by the shoulders. "Really I should be more careful..."

At last the human breaks away from Zmek's grip but as he does the other members of the party see Zmek slip something into the pocket of the man's lab coat. Without noticing, the scientist pulls away and hurrys on even more hastilly than before. Zmek smiles after him, waiting until he's dissappeared into the corridor before entering the elevator with the others.

Turning to Squall he pulls a radio transmitter from his pocket and flicks off the safety latch on the detonate switch before tossing something into the air for the Shaktar to catch. "Are you ready?" He asks as Squall catches the small shiney object. Turning it over in his palm he recognises it as the pin from a flashbang grenade....

This is a work of geneuis i must admit

[Game turn 12]

In the same moment that Zmek tosses what we now know is the pin of a flashbang grenade to squall, The last of the remote bombs comes on line with that all to familar "BLEEP", the pins sails through the air as all eyes in the squad are transfixed on the small metallic object that lands in Squalls outstretch Palm.
    Zmek thinks he hears "oh my god" from one of the humans but he's not sure which as he's caught up the moment. zmek turns to the squad and smiles a humorless smile full of mirth "are you ready?"
    he asks. As he pushes the button to trigger the remote bombs

[This is where things get a little hairy]

Zmek knowledge of explosives is only second to his knowlege of Ebb and channeling, and with careful presision and timing simultaneously every single remote charge is denotated with 2 seconds of the next,

Just down the corridor an air vent is ripped apart in a dazzling display and smoke bellows out into the corridor at the same moment a blast is triggered from another bomb in one of the empty labs and the resulting shock wave smashes every pane of glass within 50ft including all corridors, linkways and lab equipment! just as this is happening the scientest that zmek primed with a flashbang walks into a large lab full of station personall. the result is quite literally blind panic as the flashbang goes off a flood of personall comes streaming into the corridor, as explosion after explosion goes off you suddenly hear a klaxon sound (hope thats spelled right)

"EMERGENY...EMERGENCY..HULL BREACH ON SUBLEVEL3g...ALL PERSONAL PLEASE EVACUATE THE AREA IMMEDIATLY"

within a moment of this message every fire alarm, bio hazard alarm, hull breach alarm in the station goes off and the station commander COMMS you on the emegerncy channel

[SEE COMS CHANNEL for more details]

With the result that the captin orders an all station Evac.
    a few moments after that base personall start flooding towards the lift (including the 2 other wraith raiders you saw earlier that were with byuu)

as you enter the lift with your science personall and hit the button for the docking ring you just pray that the rickety lift with hold together on your way to the docking ring.......

as you reach the docking ring level there is utter chaos people running everywhere "the perfect hiding place for darknight you think to yourself"... "but a good hiding place for us too"

the lift empties leaving you and your squad and the science crew left in the lift wondering how to get to the sulako without getting shot at by snipers!!! how you do that is up to you........

[End of turn]

- - - - - - -

- - - - - -

so you can make you plan of escape (as they might be waiting for you ANYWHERE in the cargo bay) attached is a drawing of the cargo bay i did nice n quick its rough sketch so when i describe it in detial at least you have a reference talk amonsgt yourself on the COMS channel and decide which way you want to go to get to the sulako (the ship you came in)

g'luck folks

- - - - - - -

P.S - the mission is FAR FAR from over but your near enough the end of the space misson next stop mort surface......

*Squall flips the pin from the Flashbang in the the palm of his hand*

"An interesting decoy Zmek, a bit extreme but ammusing. I shall hold onto this. A keepsake of sorts"

*Squall waits till everyone is in the elevator and turns to address them*

"They could be waiting anywhere in that cargo bay for us. When we head for the emergency escape pods that should allow us to blend in with the evacuating crews. Use the cover of the cargo pods and the crewe evacuation area. Me, Tank and Zmek(Team Blue) will break off to prevent flanking. Well hold at 50 metres from the Sulako and provide cover fire as you move up if need be. Stay frosty and keep your heads down we might get past unnoticed"

Docking ring 2

"Extreme? Moi??" Zmek turns to plant his back against the side wall of the elevator as the doors swish closed, relishing the look of frightened panic in the eyes of the science personnel packed into the lift around the squad.

With a flurrish he swings an assault rifle across his chest from where it had remained tucked beneath the folds of his long coat and chambers a round with a clean 'snap-crack' sound.

His nostrils flared and his eyes still held the same black un-gleaming light as before. The smell of fire and cordite were sharp in the air but to him the smell of blood and blind panic were what drove his senses towards extasy.

He almost wanted to laugh out loud the feeling of exilleration was so strong in him, flux tingled and danced through him, the sound of his heart beating dully in his ears and his breath coming quicker with a shiver and a wheeze.

He longed to have seen the human in the lab coat when the flashbang detonated, oh how tantalizing...to see the stupid human engulfed in white light, to sense his eardrums imploding then the ball of flame seering through him moments before his life snuffed out. To hear the strangled choke as the puny creature breathed in fire and clawed molten flesh from its own face with broken hands...Zmek let out a stifled snort of laughter, drawing anxious, frightened looks from those that stood near to him in the lift as it clattered up towards the docking ring.

"Get ready to run little piggy" he hissed at a rather overweight sweaty, pink faced man in bright orange overalls who jittered from foot to foot next to him, staring at the floor indicator and fiddling with his ID badge as it hung from his neck on a chain. "You're a nice easy target aren't you?" The man's eyes widened behind small round spectacles and his mouth dropped open a little although no words came out. Zmek s******ed at him through clenched teeth.

Addressing the attention of the red group "Right, a group of fire armed looks a bit suspicous so I suggest we split up into two groups of 2 and 3." Byuu turns to his side, marches five steps foward, turns around 180 degrees and marches foward again. "Cuz of how cool and stealthy I am, I'm gunna go in the 1st group of 2 and go infront". He stop and turns to the group. "Sound like a good idea?"

Tank will remain behind in the cargo lift until the squad make it to the ship unharmed

*to tank*

"A brain waster is the physical embodiment of stealth stormer...I'm not standing here any longer for the enemy to line up his shot."

"Once the boarding area is secure I will provide covering fire from the ramp if required...otherwise I will see you on board the Sulako"

Zmek looks over towards the ship, lips moving in silent thought and concentration, mind reaching out to grasp the ever present waves of flux that pulsate through the universe and bend them to his will.

A tiny instant of apprehension grips him as he feels the leap of power from nearby, within the mysterious cargo at the moment his preparations are complete, but time no longer has meaning as every point in the universe folds upon itself and Zmek's physical being instantaneously expands to fill the infinity of space and contracts to occupy a new place at the head of the cargo ramp on the Sulako, facing back out into the cargo bay far across which he can see the other members of the squad where he left them.....(presuming of course he makes all the necessary rolls...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Gaunt

Trying to keep his weapons low and inconspicuous as he quickly marched forward, preceding the closely grouped scientists.

Over his shoulder: "Stay together. Whatever else happens get to the Sulako and rendevous with the other team members there. There won't be a problem as long as nobody panics."

He continued on keeping a sharp eye on all nearby blind corners and the milling crowd of station personel in particular.

• Advertisement

Tali'Einea looks at SZemkie distainfully ,
    , like what flux user cant fold.

She pushes flux to her fangs, then steps up to the sciencist she was herding and with her power katana reving she grins all
    Tooth. " now Kiddies i have to go ahead and make sure it is all safe for ye, so stay here and dont give Gaunt any troulbe
    , do as he says .

With that she Steps into the shadow of a crate view line of sight of the cargo ramp.
    She communes with Szemkie her words catching him just after he lands.

" nice desctro job, I'll get you a bucket of ice for it that is if we get out of here , if not I swear you'll die with me ."

She then folds to the ramp and then slips to the leftmost part of it.

Teams are:

team 1: Squall and Stiener : providing over watch

Team 2: Byuu and Gaunt : escorting the science crew to the ship

Team 3: Zmek Tali'Einea and Spirit : securing the ship

Team 4: tank : providing over watch from the lift

oooooo coincidence is a wonderful thing!! as its.......

[Game turn 13a] or [game turn 13 part 1] which ever you prefer

- - - - - - - - -

Team 4: [tank]

You watch from the dark recesses of the lift as your squad breaks up into the various teams and moves out. The ebons after a few moments of quiet concentration begin to channel flux to transport them to the ship. everytime they do that you get a tingle sensation down your spine though ebons say no one apart from ebon users can feel flux being channeled you swear it happens everytime they channel. within a few seconds space and time seem to bend around each of the ebb users and without blinking so much as an eye lid each of the ebb users begin to fade away there open eyes are foucsed on the ships open doors. there is a faint discharge of static as just for a second you could have sworn you saw spirit in both places at once both here in the lift and just on the inside of the ship and then like that.....there gone...... no loud noises.....no lighting effects....one by one the ebb users diseappear and re-appear on the ship and begin scouting.... as for you you dont see anything from the lift it looks all quiet.

[End of turn]

- - - - - - - - -

Team 3: [Zmek Tali'Einea and spirit]

as you close you eyes all thoughs and distractions purged from your mind you begin the complex calcuations of bending space
    and time to your will, just before you close you eyes you can see tank staring at you in awe, within a few moments the calcuations are complete and you get a mental picture of where you want to go, you open your eyes and look straight at where you want to transport to. As you channel the ebb through your body you feel yourself being taken apart atom by atom and streched into infinity. within a few seconds only momentarily dizzy from the transport you find youself just inside the doors of the auora looking out and accross the cargo bay to the lift where the rest of the team are waiting. you hear a surprised voice behind you "erm excuse me can i help you" you turn around to see a very startled face of a guard who seems to be on watch at the entrance to the ship. you smile to yourself and the thought of this human guard nearly cr@p*ing himself at the sight of 3 ebb users suddenly appearing out of thin air, you smile an empty smile at him and ask "any one enter the ship in the last 10 mins!" to which the guard responds "no not a all" Tali'Einea checks the air vents leading into the ship (not the ones on the cargo bay) and all seems clean, a scout of the first few decks reveils nothing apart from the actual ships crew no one else is on board. The ship at least so far seems clear where ever the terrorists are there not on the ship......

[end of turn]

- - - - - - - -

team 1 and 2's game turn to follow......

- - - - - - - -

Team 1: [Squall and stiener]

you both watch the brain wasters and ebon fold over to the cargo ship and diseaper inside with that you both move out among the cargo boxes keeping a sharp eye on the surrounding area and personall moving about the cargo bay. the base personall and science crew are are moving toward various escape pods and emergency ships. you move into position behind some boxes at the bottom of the ramp leading to the sulako. all looks clear accept for in the meeting area there is one person that sticks out like a sore thumb to the trained eye of a SLA op (yes you had to roll), it seems that there is one scientest if you could call him that is that he is seperate away from the rest of the main groups he's on his own trying not to be noticed wearing a lab coat thats 2 sizes to short for him. under the lab coat he's wearing something but you cant quite make out what. none of
    the rest of the team see him only you two have spotted him he's not looking in the direction of the lifts as team 3 emerge with the science crew down the ramp into the cargo bay and behind some crates he hasnt seen them but he is looking instead in the direction of the sulako now and then keeping a sharp eye on it. thats one possible suspect there were supposed to be two where's the 2nd.................

- - - - - - - -

Team 3: [Byuu and Gaunt]

As all the other teams move out you wait behind with the science crew and tank in the lifts for the others to get into position. once the ebb users are gone and squall and stiner move you tank slaps you on the back and says "good luck". You start to slowly move out from the lift as first, you move with utmost stealth and causiouly move down the ramp and into the cargo bay you move in behind some crates as your little fellowship regroups. you start to move along the path that squall choose to follow and all seems to be fine sofar so good... your little group at this point is about half way accross the cargo bay on the outside of the meeting area when something inside byuu says STOP! possibly an instinct, as you team comes to a halt you somehow manage to see Squall and stiener hidden by some crates at the bottom of the cargo bay. you glance around wondering what made you stop as you see a guard moving toward your position he's obviously seen you skulking around the cargo bay and wants to ask you some questions which wonnt be the best of idea's as your team will have to move out into the open in full view of just about every point in the cargo bay he's about half way to you and moving fast flash light and baton out moving towards you.............

[End of turn]

- - - - - - -

Guys talk amongst yourselfs on the COMS channel but dont post anything in the game turns thread just yet as part 2 of game turn 13 will be out in just a few minutes......... don don doooooon!!!!

and now the conclusion of don don doooooon game turn 13....

[game turn 13b] or [game turn 13 part 2] what ever tickels your fancy

- - - - - -

Squall and Stiener can see the guard moving toward byuu's position you hear tank COMS "oh this is bad very very bad"
    as the guard moves closer to byuu position. you can see tank starting to move out of the lift and down into the cargo bay which is just as well really because just before the guard manages to get to byuu's position a massive shock wave knocks everyone to there knees!! followed by the sound of an explosion far below you. the cargo bay rocks and shakes about like those thrill ride at an amusment park you saw as i small shild, there is alot of screaming as boxes and creates are toppled over into and ontop of people and what follows is chaos of the highest order, people start runnng and screaming as there is a surge forward to the escape pods people fighting and climbing over each other to be the first into the pods order and control is lost as a brawl breaks out in the meeting area,

Squall you loose sight of the suspect admist the chaos that ensue's, some of the science crew in your team tries to make a break for the sulako one of the members is about half way up the cargo ramp as a shot rings out of nowhere and one the scientest falls to his knees clutching his arm as blood starts to run down the sleev of his coat the other science crew make a dive for the door as another shot rings out clipping one of the science crew in the leg as he falls in the door you hear "Man down" on your coms link. your not sure which one of the team screamed it but from the way the scientist was hit there is no way the shot could have come from the evac area.

on your COM link you hear "THIS IS CAPTIAN EJ SMYTH, the station's been hit with an unidentified object it came from out of nowhere!! the emergecny docking ring is completely destroyed along with serveral decks above it. we have mutliple fires and hull breaches on decks 2 through to 5 and im ordering a full station Evac immediatly the plasma reactor is about to go critical you've got about 12 mins to reach minimum safe distance before the station goes were trapped on the command deck our lifts are out of order and we've sustained massive damage to our...." the sound of another explosion echoes though the cargo bay "AAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH ....... this is the captian again it looks like were trapped here on the command deck my orders are as follows....." with that the COMS system to the command deck fizzels out

[end game turn]

- - - - - - -

the current situation is out of 7 science crew 3 are aboard the ship 1 is wounded lying on the ramp and 3 are with byuu and gaunt what ever you gotta do you gotta do it FAST as the station's about to go up im looking forward to your posts :o)

Using as much cover as possible looking about for any signs of threat tank moves over to where byuu and gaunt are to try to shield as many of the science crew as he can

"where the hell is the shooter" tank says to gaunt i can see him anywhere!! i say we bolt for the ship

"squall this is tank what do you want us to do i can see the shooter on the ground he's nowhere to be seen do you want us to risk moving the sheep.....cough.....science crew to the ship or will we hold for further instructions? ..... tank out!"

Unexpectedly jarred heaviliy against the shining steel of his barricade by the force of the explosion rumbing up from below the cargo deck, Zmek looks towards where the scientists begin to run forward and sees the first one fall from the impact of a shot.

"Forget about the neighbourhood, there goes our bonus!"

Gauging the rough direction from which the shot came from the side where the scientist was hit he aims his assauly rifle and lets of a short burst of fire, spread in an arc well away from the squad and the rapidly approaching science personnel, in the hope of drawing the enemy's fire, the muzzle flashes might give away their positions.

He comms the rest of the squad "No sign of the shooter but there seems to be only one, no time for a prolonged snipe out, I suggest you move fast to the ship while we lay down some covering fire and hope to spot the enemy....let's get the hell out of here and leave the son of a bitch to fry in the plasma meltdown!"

Zmek turns quickly to the ship security officer who had challenged them when they arrived and who is now looking around in panic "Quickly man!! The ship is under attack! If you want to get off this station alive you and the rest of your men get out onto the ramp and provide supporting fire for the personnel coming aboard!!" He shouts even louder at the startled officer "Move it now! You heard the commander, get that team aboard alive and fast!!"

At that he turns again, still careful to stay obscured behind the hydraulics and releases another short burst of assault rifle fire across the cargo bay, watching for movement or the flash of returned fire as he does.

Tali'einea shoots the Guard point blank in fthe forhead and then turns and truns to lay daown supressing fire to enable the rest of the team to get there arses on to the ramp.

" stuff the sciencest let them take ther chances get the package on board now or I''l grab it and fold onto the ship with it I reall dont care, i"d rather die in an intresting manner the having all the air blown out of my lungs. It seems like the sealth ship is finishing the job Szmekie started. "

Me wonders the possibites of folding in a vac suit to the stealth crash hmmmmm.

*Squall looks around at the panick consuming the station. Shots ring out a scientist drops, another is injured. "This is going from bad to worse very fast*

*He taps his com bead*

"Damnit. Squad make a run for the Sulako. You see something that looks like a target kill it. GO GO GO."

*He sees Steiner looking at the shell casings on the ground right at his feet. Squall looks up and spots the dark clad figure rifle aimed at Steiner. He springs into a full gallop and barrels into Steiner. He immediately jumps up and aims towards the ceiling firing a scatter rounf from his shotgun*

Zmek hears the penny drop almost simultaneously with several of the other squad members and swings his assault rifle upwards, staring down the sights as he sweeps the roof space looking for the suspended target.

Spotting the darkly clad figure, swinging like a spider from a silver thread he squeezes off a short burst of fire, spreading the shot slightly to take into account the enemy's swing.

"I have him!! He's not going anywhere...."

Zmek will continue to fire short bursts at the enemy until he's disabled.

• Advertisement

Tank's Turn:

- - - - - - - - -

Tank looks up to the roof see's the darknight terrorist and says "damn i hate when im right" on reaching Squall's position he picks up 2 of the remaining 3 science crew one under each arm and says "right ladies were leaving you better hold on this is gonna get a little rough"

and makes a bolt up the ramp for the entrance to the sulako

- - - - - - - - -

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement