Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sla Rpg - Game Turns

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

There was a moment where there had been absolute silence, time almost stood still........ The explosion flared a brilliant white reminding Squall of the sunrise on his home planet. Small Geysers of dirt and ash soon turned into mushrooms of debris and body parts. The rain soaked mud turned to a deluge following in the path of the horrendous shockwave that had nearly deprived even Squalls 2 meter frame of his precious balance. Bracing himself against the broken limbed husk of what was once a tree he hung on and weathered the storm. Within moments the carnage had subsided and left in its wake an entirely different kind. The bodys of mutants caught by the blasts had singed and burned clogging the air with an acrid smell. Limbs scattered the perimeter of the blast, blown off by the explosions or torn off by flying rocks and debris. Many still spasmed, the muscles seeking the nerve pulses of a brain no longer there.

Squall rose again for another time this mission. The wounds from his duel still ached but he looked on them with pride and shrugged it off. Looking around he saw his team rise in various states of injury but all alive amazingly. Looking behind he noticed the other team advancing from their hiding place still unaware of his teams position by the looks of it.

Judging by the ringing in his ears Squall doubted his team would hear him talk even from 10 feet so he tapped his com beed. <Coms Channel>

Raising his shotgun Squall approached one of the rising stunned mutants......................one less mutant to worry about. Seeing the others finish off the other stragglers he moved off towards the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

URGENT CHECK COMS CHANNEL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Zmek is still watching the last of the mutants stumble around, burning and mamed as the comm arrives from Andrews. He is slightly distracted for a moment, hearing a buzz and a crackle from nearby he looks to find the disembodied hand of a mutant lieing in the mud nearby still clutching a crude walkie-talkie.

He is still chuckling to himself as he clambers from behind the barricade himself and Tank had found and starts heading across the ravine towards the other party.

The darkness has brought some comfort at least but still this open space and the expanse of sky over his head makes him shiver. It's almost as if he could fall into that empty space at any second and plummet forever into nothingness and infinity. An infinity haunted by the ghosts of every dead creature he had left in his wake.

Crouching a little lower as he runs, Zmek fixes his eyes on the ground ahead of him and concentrates on his footsteps, dodging small pools, roots and fallen branches.

The moans of the dieing recede as he moves on, replaced by the whistling wind and the dull "splat, splat" of the stormer's footsteps close behind.

"Keep up stormer" he calls behind him "I'm sure there'll be chickens at Andrews....it'll make a change from the turkeys around here". He doesn't laugh at his own little joke but grits his teeth and runs on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

Tank shields his eyes from the brilliant flash of light as noise of the explosion echoes around the canyon, emerging from his hiding place from behind a large boulder tank trots along beside zmek keeping a sharp eye out along the ravine walls for any more signs of threat, tank takes the walkie talkie (hand still attached) and stores it thinking to himself (if it still works at least we can hear where they are and where there coming from) catching up to zmek tank shrughs his shoulders "never liked turkeys zmek the bones stick in my teeth"

*oblivious to the suttle joke zmek was making*

"fair enough zmek lead the way"

shotgun drawn and primed tank begins to move off tailing zmek towards Tali and the science crew ready to pick off any wandering muties that may still be alive after the carnage

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Gaunt dragged himself into a staggering run through the mud and tried to ignore his injuries. He reloaded his weapons as he moved, grimacing as he realised these were his last full clips and soon he would have to make do with the dregs left over from the preceding gunfights. One more irritation to help set his teeth on edge.

• Advertisement

I'll re-write you in on the next game turn ok gaunt techinally your dead (or so the squad think) but that shouldnt stop you from completing your mission :D trust me it will all be explained in the next game turn

Gaunt awakens........

the last thing you remember was tanks unconscious body flying through the cargo hold on the enemy stealth ship and heading toward you at terrible speeds a support beam crashed into you during the rocky decent and you lost consciousness yet your still alive. You are barley conscious as you try to open your eyes you find yourself outside lying on the dirt not able to move or speak at all you can make out the shape of Tali some way off with the spirit and the science crew are moving away you are barley able to move your limbs are numb and you appear to be in shock, the last thing you hear before you black out is the crackling voice of Tali on the COMS channel

"we have what we came for and 3 lil lab rats too, the hewman didnt make it. *** ** ***** the skies ******* *** ***** fingers *** going to **** our position. We are heading *** *he air base. "

then you black out.......

some time passes and you awake cold and shivering!! you have no idea how long you've been unconscious as time slips by you begin to get feeling back into your body and you manage to stand up but your left arm is broken and you feel sore in the ribs. also your COMS channel doesn't appear to work as when you try hailing the team on the COMS channel the only thing you hear in crackling. You stand up only to see the dead body of the Wraith Raider Byuu his neck is broken and there is blood oozing from his nose and mouth most probably there was internal bleeding too, in your depleted state you still manage to find the tracks made by the science crew and the 2 ebb users heading west. you start your journey to follow them and along the way you loose there tracks twice but manage to find them again, within an hour you meet a small rag tag bunch of mutants who try to attack you, after beating them off and killing most of there number they flee into the shadows. 4 more times on your journey you are attacked but always just before you make the killing blow the remaining survivors flee.

you have been travelling all day and you are about to give up all hope when you hear the gunfire.... it echoes all around you, you start to head in the direction of the commotion when you are thrown to the ground by a massive explosion from the direction of the crash site it seems that the sulako's plasma drive has gone critical and has exploded, the explosion also coincides with a rather large explosion to your right about 1000M down into a small ravine, on the far side of the ravine the explosion hurls mud high into the air along with a group of mutants that were attacking a small group at the bottom of the ravine.

you can see your squad coming towards you (they haven't seen you yet) as you stand on the high ridge wind blowing in your face the rain driving hard down on your back its a classic comic book scene with the lone survivor everyone though dead standing on top of the high ridge in the driving rain, you can see tank heading up the ridge first he'll be the first to spot you......

what you do now is up to you......

[end turn]

Next game turn to follow shortly

Game turn 24 [isn't it??]

as the dust settles from zmek's pyro technical display of carnage the remaining survivors of the squad gather round and wait for the transport chopper to arrive, Tank is the first to spot high up on the ridge the dishevelled shape of stiener...... you hear tank grumble something as he points high up onto the ridge stiener picks his way slowly down the ravine wall his left arm limp at his side, battered bruised and bleeding from a number of small cuts it would see that he is alive after all (yes Tali failed her medical roll which is why she thought he was dead)
    he joins the team by squall's side and casts a glance towards the wasters "yea i missed you too" and looks back.

stiener says "ive scouted out ahead and since the sulkao's engines went critical every mutant within 100 miles is heading in this direction combined with zmek's big bang i think slayer felt that explosion back in uptown mort!!"

pausing to catch his breath still in allot of pain stiener continues "i hate to spoil your party but there's a humvee full of mutants heading this way at least 10 of em they'll be here in a few minutes and there's still no sign of the chopper since tank's lit the area up with flares it will make it easy for the chopper to see us but it means were going to attack the muties to us like flies to **** any suggestions? ...... "

just as stiener finishes talking you hear the sound of a humvee approaching your position time to make a plan of attack this is probably going to be one of those win or die fights if you run you'll be tracked down by the cannibal mutants (oh did i mention that they were cannibal?) and made into a fine pate that goes well with chicken if you stay and fight you run the risk of being killed but this is where the transport chopper will land

the choice is up to you

[end of turn]

this is the last BIG battle of the game a custer's last stand so to speak this is where it ends so im going to make this a rather large battle spanning over several pages I've determined a at a random point (X number of turns into the battle) is when your going to get rescued all you have to do is survive good luck there'll be 3 maybe for more posts before the end game so good luck and i hope you enjoyed the game

BY THE WAY IF YOU GUYS WANT TO CONTINUE PLAYING AFTER THIS MISSION LET ME KNOW AND WE CAN START UP AFTER GAELCON I NEED TO KNOW IF PLAYERS WANT TO CONTINUE PLAYING AFTER THE MISSION ENDS IF THERE ARE ENOUGH THAT STILL WANT TO PLAY THEN LET ME KNOW ( ON THE CHAT CHANNEL THREAD)

Thanks AL][EN

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

As the blanket of darkness rapidly descends on the wasteland Squall sniffs the air his finely tuned Shaktar nose picking up the smell of decay already setting in on the mound of bodies and bits of bodies left over from Zmeks fireworks display.

Lighting flashes across the sky. In the distance a humvee races across the barren desert, straight for the squad.

"Squad, spread out. Standard V formation. Tank your with me up front, hold them off with ranged weapons for as long as you can then we go close combat. Zmek, Tal'eania,Spirrt. You three behind us. A little of that fire your so fond off would be nice about now. Steiner, Gaunt you two watch at the rear, keep an eye out incase they try to flank us.

"If youve got grenades or flashbangs use them"

"Doctor Raynes, I suggest you and your team find the nearest rock to hide behind and do it. As soon as that choppers down get onboard with he package, well cover you"

*His orders given Squall moves into cover behind a rock covered by some scrub. He loads his shotgun, solid slugs first then scatter for when theyre closer. Checking the laser sight he watches the tiny red dot trail along the ground a few metres ahead.

He draws his FEN pistol admiring its machined precision, a tool for killing nothing else. Checking it over he returns it to its holster.

The Gash fishes streak out from the gauntlets on his wrist. Striking at a branch of a lifeless tree the limb falls, cut clean

And last, His power Katana. Squall stared not so much at the blade but at the notch on its hilt he had cut on the command chair of the stealth battleship. The blood of his opponent still marred the blade. His first honour duel off his own world and it had been a victory. A grin formed on his face, the light of the flares glinting on many Shaktar teeth.

Laying the sword beside him for easy access he looked to the sky. "Perhaps I will join you tonight father, but.................perhaps not"

• Advertisement

Zmek pauses to look at Squall preparing himself "Honour and ritual. What use are they Shaktar? The dead are gone and only those that live and breath may shape this world. Good and evil are opposite sides of the same coin. You think you fight for some cause but all you do with each victory is chase your enemies into the shadow from where they may strike anew when the coin turns once more. I almost pity your primitive kind...."

"...for now, with your indecision your authority here has slipped again. Get up off your knees and lead if you will or remain in the mud and die with a mutant claw in your throat."

Removing his mirror shades to prevent reflections, Zmek smears more mud on his face and pulls his long black coat about him like a cloak. Crouching low, with weapons concealed he slips away into the darkness, almost immediately dissappearing into the shadows, becoming just another half unnoticed shape in the shifting patterns of the night.

Righty folks the final game turn is coming to a screen near you soon if you have ANYTHING you want to check or do before the final assault you'd better let me know NOW as i'll be doing dice rolls all day

(yes im in work on a saturday how sad is that but at least i'll roll out the enitre battle and then post it up here)

if there's anything you want to say youd better say it now

c0ck......tee hee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tali'einea sighs, " May what ever Gods you lot believe in notice and Damn you , Do I have to do everything arround here ? "

She nods to Szemkie as he fades into shadow.

" Right this has to be fast and mess and with out the aid of Flux fireworks or did you forget about the possible nastys effects of using it with the package so close. I am only a lil Brain waster not a big bad beautiful necenthrope Squall and I have pushed my luck too far with the package as it is.

I have flashbangs and will hurl them as soon as the humvee gets close enough.
    As thee is no Flux to be used it is slice and dice time. Lets get our sniper/ gunners with the group and the package so they can give us supressing fire and take out any muties that slip past us.

We dont have to kill them all just hold them off until the flyboys from andrews get there, dont engage any of the muties in long drawn out combat, " she pauses and looks at the shaktar.

" swift kills and failing that just but them out of action, disembowl or cripple. "

Tali, pulls up her sleves, takes the flashbangs out of her pocket and hold the power Katana in the other reving it slightly.

Quick thoughts, ideas, memories flash through Zmek's mind as he stalks silently through the tumbled mess of wasteland, working his way in a broach arc away from the other squad members, around the flares to outflank the approaching hummer and arrive back at its destination but to the rear of the vehicle.

Dark alleyways and silent streets had witnessed this figure of shadow before. So had they witnessed the foul deeds of terror and hate, the blood spilled and the frenzied struggle of lives taken for no more or less reason than pure, undiluted contempt.

Those same streets and alleyways kept their deathly secrets, giving away no more than the feintest echo of a stifled scream, remembering no more than the brief shadow of a rain washed blood stain. Now the shadow stalked the badlands.

The mutants seemed to do little to conceal their approach, engine roaring as the heavy dark vehicle crashed through undergrowth, lights flaring out across the rain sodden landscape.

Zmek felt the familiar hot pressure of hatred behind his eyes at the sight of the mutants through the humvee's windscreen. Death, and no less was due to these stupid creatures.

When the humvee had passed and Zmek had receded from the possible line of sight of the occupants he rises slowly, stooping low in the darkness, and begins to move towards where the vehicle is drawing to a halt. Having made a careful note of the location of the squad when he left, he makes sure the hummer remains between him and the other squad members so as to minimise the possibility of being hit by sniper fire and also remaining in the shadows.

This will be silent and deadly. Keeping gash fishes sheathed until the last minute, he closes on his quarry.

Originally posted by Specky
    c0ck......tee hee

lol Bravo!! well done im proud of you :)

[Final game turn]

- - - - - - - - -

a fresh new morning dawns on the badlands and the squad of SLA operatives are still held up on the ridge with an ever increasing flood of mutants cresting the ridge the assault chopper can be seen in the distance and have already COMS the ops (see COMS channel)

As the transport chopper roars by overhead you can see the chopper doing a low fly-by as tracer fire from a group of mutants strafe's the underside of the chopper but from what you can see its heavily armoured and didn't take too much damage, from the top of the ridge tank see's another humvee (thats 2 now) approaching as a group of mutants are heading you way, both you and squall feel a slight tingling sensation around you as zmek and tali begin the calculations to fold you into the middle of the approaching mob of mutants. gaunt and stiener load up with what ever ammo they have left the whole squad realizes that if you don't pull this off the transport chopper will not be able to pick you up a third time and that means the end for you all.......

the pressure begins to increase around tank and squall as you both begin to feel the effects of ebb being channelled around you, both squall and tank have there power claymore's drawn a tribal growl is uttered from squalls lips without him even realizing it as you take a last look at the faces of your squad before the single most greatest battle in your life

(squall if you can think of something good to say now is the time to say it on the COMS channel you'll get extra Exp if you can think of something)

[To the rest of the squad]
    In the final moments of Tali and Zmeks calculations you think you hear squall mutter something (see COMS channel) and like that ....... there gone.

[COMBAT BEGINS]

round 1:

tank and squall appear up on the ridge surrounded by at least 15 mutants they are all taken by surprise as you both appear out of thin air and begin to attack..

Squall's power claymore tears into the first of the mutants ripping the unarmoured body of the mutant limb from limb severing the torso from the lower legs (you cleaved him in half) tank responds by decapitating the mutant standing beside him spinning around to take a full force blow to the head thankfully the mutant was only carrying a club if it was anything heavier like a sword you know you life would have ended there, tank staggers back falling to his knees slightly dazed blood pouring from a slight wound in his temple but no sooner than the wound was made than it starts to heal again.

squall is attacked by 3 mutants on his blind side 2 of the mutants land solid blows to the shaktar's mid section sending him to the dirt thankfully you only lost your footing in the mud and have only been wounded slightly as you see the 3rd mutant try to hurl a huge solid rock at your head. you roll away to the left as the huge rock comes crashing down in the vacant spot where you head was only moments ago.

Round 2:

tank picks himself back up and attacks! CRITICAL HIT!!! tank picks up a mutant in a bear hug crushing the mutants spine and with a mighty roar hurls the flailing body of the mutant into a group of oncoming would be attackers sending them all sprawling to the group. squall (you jammy dodger) CRITICAL HITS ALSO!!!
    squall picking up his claymore from the mud swings the giant blade around crashing into the skulls of two oncoming mutants mortally wounding them, sending the gibbed bits of flesh that are left flying around you as you are splashed with dark mixture of mud and blood your vision is slight blurred for a moment allowing 2 mutants to attack you, one of the mutants slips in the mud and goes fumbling to the floor the other lands another blow to your mid section which you think has cracked a rib. tank on the other hand has been attacked by 3 mutants all 3 deliver punishing blows to tank landing blows,

your both beginning to be beaten back towards the ravine now as the number of mutants just seems to many to fight on your own.

Round 3:

All of a sudden to your left one of the humvee's (still with about 5 mutants inside) explodes in a ball of flame, 5 meters around the humvee is turned to liquid fire and bodies are burned where they stand the fuel tank of the humvee goes up sending debris from the humvee in all directions,

as Tali open's her eyes an Evil grin / twisted snarl crosses her lips the power coursing through her veins you feel like you could do this all day. as Zmek begins the calculations for another blast attack on the remaining humvee you wonder to yourself what the fascination is that the lesser races have with charging head long into combat trying to prove to each other who can act more savagely. i guess you'll never find out......

tank and squall manage to pick themselves up from the shock wave of the 1st blast as you see on of the mutants in the first jeep step out and there pointing an RPG AT YOU!!! (rocket propelled grenade!!) just as the mutant goes to pull the trigger the area around him turns to fire as the RPG explodes in its casing ripping his body to pieces!! as you look back over the ridge you see both Zmek and Tali smiling in a way only brain wasters find funny. at this moment tho your trying to stay alive. you start to run back to the cover of the ravine with covering fire from gaunt and stiener......

[to be continued]

round 4:

Stiener and gaunt open fire on the fast approaching gang of mutants who are lumbering after tank and squall who are making a tactical retreat towards your position. round after round after round is shot off its like shooting fish in a barrel really the mutants you have noticed attack in small tightly packed waves. gaunt you throw a flashbang at the first group of mutants. the flashbang sails high overhead and tank and squall dont stop to see where it has landed. BAM!!!! right in the middle of a group of mutants within a second of the grenade going off the mutants see totally blind and panicked with that you open fire into the group of them as (CLICK) you change clips again and hose down the mutants in a hail of lead. you hear stiener scream over the gunfire towards you
    IM OUT!! gotta go hand to hand i guess. you look down and see you only have 1 clip left yourself. guess pretty soon the 4 of you will be fighting hand to hand.

round 5:

As tank and squall reach the safety of the others you realise that the covering fire has stopped it seems everyone but the ebon has run out of ammo for there weapons. zmek tali and spirit will have to use the remainder of there flux NOW before the mutants get into the ravine as once close combat starts there wont be any room for blast in the ravine you'd all get caved in.

Round 6:

its like a scene from the conflict wars all of you stuck in a trench as the enemy approach tali zmek and spirit let off blast after blast after blast
    as the screams of the dying can be herd all around the ravine. a single solitary figure tops the ravine it seems to be the first of the mutants that have gotten this far but the mutant is missing an arm half his head has caved in and he is limping with a gurgle he falls over and slides down the ravine wall dead....

then come the rest of the force a tidal wave of bodies crests the top and come streaming down the side of the ravine towards you just before they reach you there is a large explosion to you left as the chopper touches down in the centre of the ravine, the science crew are already climbing on board along with the package no point in a tactical retreat you don't really have time best just to run for it....

all of your squad thinks the same thing as you all make a bolt for the chopper.
    you all clamber on boards the safety of the chopper and as it beings to lift off you head the pilot say RPG RPG!!! bank left!!!
    the chopper sways left sending you all tumbling in the cabin of the chopper.
    "one of you man the guns while we get the hell outta here" says the pilot

there is a large turret mounted minigun on both sides of the chopper and as the 2 humans are the only ones that can fit they get into position and start strafing the crowds below......

as the chopper pulls back into a higher attitude you sit back and take a BIG breather!! seems you made it back alive in one piece after all!

thank god for that now when do we get paid!!!

[End of turn]

[GAME OVER]

I'll do the prelude tomorrow and what happens next (stick around as we'll take a vote on the chatroom to see if you guys want to keep playing)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tali'einea sits straped into the helicopter
    her eyes closed feeling the pull of gravity holding her to the seat.

She feels empty for the last time she was with out flux was during one of the most gureling hours training where they made her expend all of her flux as fast as possible. Cold, empty but not as alone anymore.

More of the team made it back then she expected, more then Zemkie wanted for sure. She opens her eyes to see the other waister eyeing up the remained distance between the last hewman and the open chopper door.

She cuckles and look over at the Doc.
    " well hope you enjoyed your trip doc,
    next time you want a lil adventure be sure to book with Tali Travel"
    She winks at him watching the look of disbleive and horror on his face.

Through every fibre and strained tendon Zmek feels the seering heat of flux as he concludes the calculations for yet another blast, forcing an involuntary, almost desperate sounding cry from his lips.

His breath wheezes and the sparkling lights that always permeate his peripheral vision when he channels had changed to blinding flashes. Only the deepest, stubbornest, heart felt, consciosness altering arogance that was the foundation upon which his very psyche was built prevented him displaying the utter weakness he now felt in front of his squad. He sensed more than saw the others break towards the descending chopper and had barely the reserves to hold back from joining their desperate flight.

Even in his depleted state, he made for a terrifying aspect to the oncoming mutants. Ebb discharges threw his hair into a transluscent halo above him, fangs fully extended, black coat billowing like wings in the copter downdraft, arms outstretched like the tallons of some other-worldly creature, beckoning forth its next victim.

Drenching rain cast a glistening shean over everything and the searchlights of the approaching rescue vehicle through this imposing figure into a horrifying silhouette standing defiant in the path of the oncoming hoards.

Even over the deafening beat of the copter blades the attackers faltered at the eery cry the issued forth from the demon figure on the bank of the ravine. Not a scream. Not a roar. The misery and despair in the sound that seeped through the rain and clung to the minds of the mutants as they watched and wondered was like nothing such mere words could describe.

And as they watched, turning their heads in the downpour to shake loose the hold the sound had taken, so the final triumph of damnation broke from within the call. So those at the fore of the onslaught gasped in sudden realisation at their predicament.

Whipped in flurries and eddies of turbulant air came the flame. White and white hot, tearing at the wind and bursting through the rain, cracking like a thousand angry thunder heads on the helpless mutant creatures with hardly a moment even to cower as their skin blew away in vapourous clouds of oily ash.

Now, finally spent beyond exhaustion, Zmek stumbled backwards, arms limp at his sides. Those steps from the mound to the helicopter remain unremembered. Only the cold steel of the handrail, the hard impact of shins against the steps, the barely felt grasps of the rescue crew dragging him bodily to sprawl across the deck like some floundering fish on the deck of a tossing trawler.

The flesh of his hands burned as he pushed himself into a kneeling position, the deck pitching beneath him as the chopper began to lift. So did the feeling of human eyes upon him as he strained to raise his head to look around.

Dignity...arogant self determination took hold once more, forcing him upright and pushing stiff legs to carry him to the nearest vacant flight seat into which he collapsed. Face set in familiar grimacing snear, looking from blood spattered face to face of the other crew members sitting near by. Nausea grabbed his stomach without warning and beads of sweat trickled down his forehead.

"So" he said to no-one in particular, his voice strange, cracking slightly and full of harsh wheezes as he slowly drew mirror shades from a sleeve pocket "when do we get paid?".

Safe once more behind the anonymity of the wrap around shades his eyes relaxed to reveal the pain the remainder of his body fought so hard to conceal as he slouched back and lapsed into semi-consciousness.

• Advertisement

in the end......

As the military chopper slowly lifts off from the warzone beneath you light arms fire ricochets off the heavily armoured transport chopper, you sit back in your seat and a sigh of relief escapes from your lips relieved that its finally over. you sit back in your seat rocking back and forth from the bumpy ride as one of the science crew leans out the side of the chopper and gets sick obviously the trauma of todays events too much for someone that has not used to fighting battles and has had no operative training, the brain wasters mutter amongst themselves as you look on the rest of your squad battered bruised and cut from a number of wounds and thank what ever god(s) you worship that your still alive.

The ride back to Andrews is a quite one only the sound of the rotor blades swishing can be herd in the transport hold of the helicopter, as the rest of the squad sit silently deep in there own thoughts suddenly the pilots voice can be herd "heads up were arriving at andrews", as the chopper touches down with a THUD you unbuckle yourselves from the seats and the doors of the chopper are opened by 4 heavily armed marines. as you emerge from the chopper the vast area of andrews airforce base stretches out before you.

Andrews is an airforce base quite unlike all the others you've seen on the vid screens as a kid, its not the stereotypical army base with solders in gear running around the complex and shouting "we are.. we are.. we are.. marines" drill instructors screaming at new recruits and the sound of a bugle being played somewhere in the distance, what you emerge into is an eerily quiet base there are 4 dropships to on the touchpad next to your chopper a few scattered hangers and the main complex of the base looks more like a research lab rather than an army base! there are the usual runways for fighters to take off from and huge lumbering power mech's patrolling the outer walls of the base but there are very few people in sight, you remember a few weeks back there was talk of an attack on andrews base (you were all in your last few weeks of SLA training at Meny at the time) and rumours that cloak division got involved were ripe and plenty it was very hush hush and you think to yourself that description is advised

As you depart from the chopper a group of scientists rush to the chopper and begin examining the package with all manner of gizmo's and gadgets, You are all ushered into a small building separate from the main complex for your debrief, a tall man who looks to be some sort of general here at the base and what looks to be a representative of SLA industries are seated at a large square table both your squad and Dr Raynes and his team sit at the table and wait for the debrief to follow

in the passing hours that follow you are barraged with all sorts of questions, accusations and insults from the general (he has an SCL of 7a) it seems that the suit from SLA is actually your rep in all of this he remains calm in the face of the generals exploding anger and somehow the wasters seem to remain calm (though spirit several times during the interview sensed that both Tali and Zmek were holding onto alot of flux) in the end it was deemed that the military owned space station aurora (explains why it was so run down) was destroyed by a darknight attack and not by the SLA operatives. The sulako was also destroyed when its plasma drive coolant systems were failed after the ship crash landed in the badlands 2.3 hrs after you were rescued the plasma drive went critical and destroyed a surface area of 25 square miles this again was unavoidable since it was darknight that caused the ship to crash unfortunately the stealth ship was destroyed in the ensuing blast along with the 2 military salvage crews that were sent to retrieve the ship (the general is NOT impressed with that at all and makes this clear on several occasions)

you are dismissed and are taken to the gauze train back to the centre of MORT city along with your SLA rep. he assures you that you have completed the mission specified and he is satisfied with your progress, and that the allotted 200 credits per Op (with a bonus of 50 credits each) along with a .3 SCL increase has been credited to your accounts

the SLA suit thanks you for your efforts and leaves you standing on the platform and gives you all VIP complementary passes into the PIT for tonight and some definite time to unwind

[Game over]

- - - - - - - - --

you can all assume that you've had some RnR and are back in the pit for your mission downtime you can start posting there until i get my hands on a mission for you guys to run.

Thanks AL][EN

Im gonna close this thread as this mission is over
    a new thread will start with a new mission once you all are finished partying in the PIT

the COMS channel is still open as it the chatroom

the scene opens with you all in the PIT currently.........
    [SEE PIT THREAD]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement