Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

West Wing - last ever tonight

• 12-06-2003 6:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

Well, its the last ever episode of this wonder, wonderful drama, and after last weeks excellent cliffhanger how can we but wait in terrific suspense for tonights episode, on rte 1 at the earlier time of 11:00?

Also, i already know what happens:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hmmm, last episode ever eh? Thanks for the headsup - added to personal planner along with last Buffy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 169 ✭✭Thomas

it's not the last ever - just the last this season.

T

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Thank christ...... no more West Wing. You can now dedicate your Thursdays to Oz .... Behold Oz Night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

it WAS the last ever series - sheen has left, and saorkin can't be relied on to deliver scripts on time. it's official.

it was... ok. the ending didn't really resolve anything, but was still good, wit the whole "life and death" theme.

also, who is molly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

They're not just going to leave it like that, are they ?

ffs :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I think Molly was the secret service agent.

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Originally posted by robbb_mm
    it WAS the last ever series - sheen has left, and saorkin can't be relied on to deliver scripts on time. it's official.

it was... ok. the ending didn't really resolve anything, but was still good, wit the whole "life and death" theme.

It was NOT the last ever episode..just the last in the current season. They have already signed up for two more seasons at least from what I have read.
    Yes Sorkin has left the programme now but Sheen has not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

I think some guy involved with ER is taking over from Sorkin.

This series is not finishing up next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

That couldnt have been the last ever episode. He only relinquished the presidency temporarily.

Also Sheen didnt leave but he did receive a lot of criticism from sponsors over his anti-war views.

Molly was the young secret service agent killed while protecting Zoe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

the ending last night left alot to be desired. there is so much that could have been done. im very upset with the west wing now.

commencment was the best episode ever, but ffs, 25 just reeked. it was a let down on last week.

Originally posted by solice
    the ending last night left alot to be desired. there is so much that could have been done. im very upset with the west wing now.

commencment was the best episode ever, but ffs, 25 just reeked. it was a let down on last week.

I'm not so sure about that...I actually thought last nights episode was one of the best and left me wanting more. I can't wait for next season to see just what John Goodman will get up to.

A lot of people have been saying that he wasn't the most suitable for the role but I thought he was very good actually once I got over the surprise of seeing who it was.

This show definately up there with the best on tv right now Others include L+O, L+O Criminal Intent, Without a Trace, CSI, 24, LA Dragnet (as you can see I like American dramas) and Spooks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

I thought he was very good actually once I got over the surprise of seeing who it was.

how can you say that, he was in it for a total of 10 minutes, surley you couldnt have formed and opinion of him already.
    i think ill wait till the next series before i make an opinion on him. but i will say this, he has come along way from Roseanne

Originally posted by solice
    how can you say that, he was in it for a total of 10 minutes, surley you couldnt have formed and opinion of him already.
    i think ill wait till the next series before i make an opinion on him. but i will say this, he has come along way from Roseanne

I just thought he was the perfect Republican...a big, arrogant and ignorant redneck (in a suit obviously).

The "you're dismissed" line was class even if it was a bit unrealistic.

there's just something wrong in a world that has Hohn Goodman as president. Also, i didn#t like hte cheek he was given out in the oval office.
    still, if its really not the last episode, all the better!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

I only started watching The West Wing two weeks ago, I'm hooked. I think its a fantastic drama. Although I do find some parts unrealistic to say the least.......

I cant wait for the new season.
    I just thought he was the perfect Republican...a big, arrogant and ignorant redneck (in a suit obviously).

I agree. Although it it was strange seeing him play that role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Health board chief executives have been advised to prepare ``a selection of human interest stories'' in readiness for the publication of the Brennan and Prospectus reports in ten days' time.

Link

Hopefully, the the government will ignore media human interest stories relating to the health system.

The Minister trippled the budget - he should now reform the system - closing hospitals were necessary.

As for health boards - I think we will not miss them.

All public services need to become efficent and more customer focused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Even if the show does go on for another 2 seasons, how will they end it? Will they justend ti there and then, after his successor takes over, or will they fire sheen and get in a new president? Seeing things with a republican/evil president would be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

nah dont think that they will do that, because they would have to replace the whole cast and they might not get the formula right again

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭TeRmInAlCrAzY

I agree. Although it it was strange seeing him play that role.

Three Words.

Big Dan Teague

rgds

Alan

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Cork
    Link

Hopefully, the the government will ignore media human interest stories relating to the health system.

The Minister trippled the budget - he should now reform the system - closing hospitals were necessary.

As for health boards - I think we will not miss them.

All public services need to become efficent and more customer focused.

So thats where , the money for the health service is coming from:D
    Maybe thats why Sheen has left, they've diverted his wages to re-open a ward....
    Cork where did you get that scoop?
    mm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭therannu

As regards the health boards, they shouldn't have booted the politicians out - they may be a shower of bastards, but they represent public accountability. Now the remaining four boards will be less accessible, in theory.
    Anyway, the West Wing...

Advertisement