Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rpg.......

Options
  • 12-06-2003 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello could you people, and i say people with the most respect possible..... i think, give me the name of a good RPG that has a good story line and good game play[not FF(insert number here) or zelda]. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Planescape: Torment
    Baldurs Gate 1 + 2 + miscellaneous add-ons
    Chronotrigger <basically FF but BETTER>
    Shadowrun
    Ultima 7
    Fallout 1 + 2

Look online for the ones you can't find in the shops. ... no i don't know where to get them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭wombat

Planescape Torment has one of the best stories I've ever encountered in an RPG, you'll laugh, you'll cry, it'll change your life.

The Baldur's Gate series is good, you can pick it up at 2 without missing anything too important (and IMO, BG1 isn't much cop anyway) but you'll definitely want the expansion, if only for the extra classes and stuff it offers.

Neverwinter Nights is good, not in and of itself, the included module is pure crap IMO, but there are some amazingly good fan built modules out there. There's a huge amount of player created content in the form of hak-packs which do anything from adding massive amounts of new creatures to a couple of new weapon models (and some of them are damned pretty). The graphics aren't amazing, but they are very shiny. (nwnault.ign.com has an archive of all the stuff I mentioned)

Then you have the insane number of MMORPGs to choose from, I'd reccomend Dark age of Camelot and Anarchy online myself (I play AO right now)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 kiz

thank you..... your too kind

any other games????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by lordsippa
    Shadowrun

Ah I forgot all about this one. I never finished it. I must get it... and somehow play on my pc for free...

Was the snes the best console for rpg's or have I yet to see the light? Chrono Trigger, FF6, Terranigma, Illusion of Gaia, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, list goes on and on of quality rpg's

I just bought fallout 2 today, its pretty good for 3.99!

This planescape... what system is it on? Is it new? (cuz if it is this pc wont be able to run it at all, just about runs fallout :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

mirrowind is worth a try

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 kiz

thank you all i think that shall do me for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

As mentioned above, check out Fallout 1 & 2. YOu can get the two of them in the same budget pack, and they are considered the grand-daddy of modern PC RPGs.

Fallout 1 is IMO the better of the two however.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Planescape Torment came after BG1, before BG2. Its same specs as BG1 so.

Morrowind is great but VERY high specs needed and even an uber system might have problems due to bad engine.

Advertisement