Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best games you've completed, most recent 3

Options
  • 12-06-2003 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

the last 3 great games i completed:
    1. GTA III- completed (well, 37%) last night
    2. Zelda OOT- completed a year ago
    3. Mario 64- completed 3 years ago

seems i only complete the best of games :D
    though i didn't complete any to 100%

what are yours?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

1.) i've got gta3 up to ninty-something%, there's only gripped (aaaaargh!), unique jumps, a couple of rampages & the paramedic missions left to do:)
    (i had it up to 94% before but i decided to start it over from the beginning without cheating:ninja: )
    i should have 100% in a couple of days (might get a new game tomorrow tho:rolleyes: )

2.) i played through return to castle wolfenstein for the second time a couple of weeks back...

3.) been playing a lot of street fighter alpha 3 recently, mainly 2 player. i managed to finish the game with every character in that... i need to stop playing it & let my thumbs heal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

American McGees Alice - Evily good :)

Diskworld Noir - What Can I say I like these kinda games :)

Tex Murphy Overseer - Savage Game !! (5 disks)

and have to mention Grim Fandango :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

halo
    return to castle wolfenstein (tides of war)
    blood omen 2 ( some might not have liked it, but i did )

Originally posted by Clover
    blood omen 2 ( some might not have liked it, but i did )
    sweet, i was trying to think of a fairly recent game that i wanted to buy, blood omen 2 is it. must have a look for it tomorrow.
    (i'm downloading the original at the mo, only 15 hours to go at 1kb/s:rolleyes:)
    wouldn't mind adding soul reaver 2 to my collection as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

1) GTA 3 (just Gripped and the paramedic missions left 97%)

2) Vice City (paramedic/vigilante/fire unique jumps/rampages/packages and some other model racing missions left 80 something%)

3)em I cant remember a third. Does everything unlocked in Pro Ev 2 count?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Last few games I've completed heress my last 5 (have to be different!)

1) GTA Vice City PS2 (last weekend)
    2) Resi 0 (last weekend as well. At least I finally got round to plaing it)
    3) Zelda The Wind Waker (about two weeks ago0
    4) Suikoden (Any RPG fans should pick this up at ebay)
    5) Metroid Prime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Final Fantisy 8 (no matter what people say about i still like it)

Return to Castle Wolfenstein (a very nice game)

Grim Fandango (one of the most fun games i've ever played)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Splinter Cell PC
    Banjo Tooie N64
    Def Jam Vendetta GC (not great but completed it)

ON Mario Sunshine at the mo 41 sprites ,Zelda WW in q and timesplitters 2 in Q and Smash Bros Melee.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Perfect Dark (N64) - finished it on Agent and Special Agent the same weekend - Perfect Agent's a hoor!!

Eternal Darkness (GCN) - finished it on two alignments & got the goodies.

Medal of Honor: Frontline (GCN) - terrible aiming system, but I've really enjoyed playing it!

TimeSplitters 2 (GCN) - all except for Hard and a zillion Challenges and Leagues.

Games I've barely touched since I got them:
    Zelda WW, Resident Evil (remake), 007: Nightfire (cos it's in German!) and Rogue Leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've been busy with college work/exams and stuff this year, so I haven't played as much as I wanted to, but...

Homeworld, about two months ago(at 6:30am. Damn, that game's addictive)

Rune, about 4-5 months ago. Go on, play it, it gets much better after the crabs.:)

Baldur's Gate 2, and BG- Throne of Bhaal, sometime last Christmas. I replayed Half life opp. force again that time too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Soul Reaver 2 was the most recent game i completed.

Before it i was a Soul Reaver fan. Now Im a Legacy of Kain fan, and the 2 Blood Omen games are next on my list to buy.

And im really looking forward to Legacy of Kain: Defiance as well.

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Broken Sword
    Resident Evil : Code Veroncia
    Shenmue 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Shox (last night)

Shinobi (two days ago)

Ico (two weeks ago)

I'm almost through Ico a second time now. ****ing fantastic game.

Next up is hard mode in Shinobi. Getting all those oboro coins will be a bitch but I want to play as Joe Musashi pretty badly.

I try not to buy a new games until I finish one I have. I get the most out of them that way. When I used have tons of games I never got to play any of them properly.

That said, some of the music-action games I have left now are just insanely hard. Frequency is killing me. As is Master Mode on Gitaroo Man. I'll probably just sell them in the end because I'm getting too bogged down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I'm not sure which were most reacent but a couple I'm proud of completing are,

Mist trilogy,
    Planescape: Torment,
    Starcarft (Although I only got to the second last level in Broodwar!)

I'm working on Red Alert 2 at the moment. I have yet to finish Warcraft 3 (computer ain't powerful enough for the game) and I've plenty of other game that I bought on the buget titles that I never seem to get round to playing properly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Deus Ex
    Fallout
    Baldur's Gate 2 (still working on the Throne of Bhaal)

(yes - they all happen to be RPGs)

honourable mentions to:
    Jedi Knight 2
    GTA3

RtCW didn't impress me so much. It looked pretty, and had some scary moments, but .. meh! I'm playing MoH:AA right now and it's FARRRRR better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Alien Vs Predator 2 All species (Alien took ages mind)
    Freelancer (All story missions)
    Deus Ex (Bought it on buget a month ago)

I'll be firing up ascendancy to see if I can finish it first time. Classic game:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

gta III except gripped, i dont know anyone who has completed or even liked these challanges

Vice city Had 95% only a few packages and 2 jumps missing (have started it again tho without cheats)

Timesplitters 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

Due to these exams i havnt had time to have a proper go at a video game in ****in ages ... but lets see if i can remeber.....
    a)unreal 2
    b) GTA3
    c)...cant remember ... i was half way into zelda WW before i stopped

Originally posted by Leggo

Tex Murphy Overseer - Savage Game !! (5 disks)

Deadly game that. Any idea if another one is coming out? The ending was left open for a sequel :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,377 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have yet to finish Warcraft 3 (computer ain't powerful enough for the game)

Must be a really woeful computer. Had a lan last year and had it running close to perfect on a 450 mhz.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Asuka
    Soul Reaver 2 was the most recent game i completed.

Before it i was a Soul Reaver fan. Now Im a Legacy of Kain fan, and the 2 Blood Omen games are next on my list to buy.

And im really looking forward to Legacy of Kain: Defiance as well.

A
    Blood omen on the ps1 rocked, it was like a satanic Zelda..*L* I still remember the whole "ill have you from crotch to gizzard and feed the rest to my dogs" speech hehe..classic. Soul reaver 1 & 2 were sweet, though too many damn block puzzles.

Ahem, last games i finished
    Halo (got it months ago, only finished it yesterday)
    RTCW (finished it twice in the last 2 weeks)
    Silent hill 3

Originally posted by mooman_00
    gta III except gripped, i dont know anyone who has completed or even liked these challanges

i came sooooo close to punching my monitor after i failed the car park one for the 20th time (it's not even all that hard, the frame rate just drops to single figures whenever i go into the multistory:mad: )

i think i'll leave gripped uncompleted, 99% is enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Gripped is the reason I stopped playing GTA3. It's too hard, everytime you get a decent run going the humvee flips. Stupid mountains.

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Alone In The Dark 4 (Both Characters - Two Days To Complete)

Pool Of Radiance (Just Think Of Baldurs Gate And All That Rot - Took A Week)

Haven't really got a third - Haven't bought a game in ages... Out of sheer boredom I'm giving The Sims Deluxe Edition a go... Addictive and sickening at the same time, with no ending either... Figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭BoobeR

Splinter Cell
    Unreal II
    Delta Force - Black Hawk Down
    ?and maybe GTA3 as a fourth?
    i HAVE to get Real GTA3 Mod!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Originally posted by Jabba
    Deadly game that. Any idea if another one is coming out? The ending was left open for a sequel :)

Unfortunatly No :(, those scumbags microsoft bought the company that made it and decided not to make any more. lots of fans of the games have tried to petition to get them to make another, but no joy. on the other had if you look at the unofficial page some people are making a web mini series of it, won't be anything like the game but it's worth a look. google it :)

Death To Microsoft!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Soul reaver 1 & 2 were sweet, though too many damn block puzzles.
    Too many in 1, none at all in 2.

A

Advertisement