Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Half life anygood?

Options
  • 19-11-1998 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

It's just come out in the local shop here and I'm wondering if to buy it or not (mentions that the baddies team up).

It's just that I'm starting to become seriously addicted to Ultima online. The sheer gullibitly of people on it just cracks me up :) ..

Typical evening in Britinna...

M: Hi which way to the bank?

H: That's to the north but it's dangerous.

M: Why's that then?

H: (just lifted some of the guys gold). Well there are PK'ers there (People killers). Tell you what I'll sell you my horse (someone elses horse nearby).

M: Thanks! How much.

H: (Has a rummage around the guys backpack... hmm has 50gp left). Tell you what 25gp that's a bargain seeing as I like you.

M: Ok! (hands over the cash)... Here how do I mount this horse??? Hello where did you go?

The new character I using is on it's way to becoming a millionarie if this keeps up :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Thresh seems to think it's class. But then they're prolly paying him to say that ...

http://www.firingsquad.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Is Ultima Online coming out over here as Im dying for a go of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Lag... depends what time I go on. The shard I mostly visit is in CA, so around the Evening CA time it gets a bit laggy. Normally I play when there's less users on.

Anyway this is the "Britannia" Isle which is what the orginal Ultima online is (Venom that game is out now). I have the Second age, so I can bop onto those lands which aren't laggy (they may be after christmas). Anyway the Second age is scary I've only been on it once and I ended up running for my life most of the time :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

They had Ultima Online in Game about six months ago Ven :) Haven't seen it in there for quite some time now tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

Here, Hobbes - how do u find the lag etc on Ultima online ?
    I heard about a lot of complaints from ppl about it.

Probably just aswell - I can imagine the HUGE phone bill I'd run up if I started playing that again ...

BTW - Half Life is just a *bit* good ... :)

D.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I found Half-Life to be really great. I'd buy it if it was out in the shops here. I'll get it for christmas anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

erm what exactly is ultima online??
    answers on a postcard please to rte donnybrook dublin...nah just post it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

What is Ultima online ?

Well its a utility that origin recently came
    up with as a way to provide people with a
    certain natural tolerance to lag. The idea
    been that when you find your game of quake
    unbareable due to lag, packet loss, spikes
    and other nasties caused by evil Net-faeries.

Then by playing a game of ultima online for
    say an hour, when you go back to playing quake
    it will seem as fast and lag free as those lan
    games we've come to know and love.

It has been rummoured that one of the reasons
    spooonman is so good in matchs, is that he
    plays a 5 hour game of ultima online before
    matchs.

Hope that helps

Advertisement